What the hell is wrong with me?

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 10:54 am
Edgar, you're right. I know you're right, my head knows you're right, but my heart has always been a problem. I can't seem to get through to the damn thing! <sigh>

SC, You're right as well. I love being busy, especially when I'm stressed. I'm a ball of energy and I feel best when I can burn it up :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 11:19 am
ehBeth wrote:
sozobe wrote:
You also need more candidates. How many interesting people have you met (in person) in the past five years or so?

I pretty much perpetually (from age 12 or so on) had a crush of some kind, and the quality of the crush depended on the quality of the candidates. When the supply of candidates was low, I had some weak-ass crushes. (At least I never acted on any of those... I think some part of my brain knew that they were idiots and protected me.)

Get out there, meet people, find someone who is both available and NOT the jerk Frenchy has already proven himself to be.

Montana, you've got to get out there.

You caused a bit of a problem for yourself in choosing to live where you did. I understand you had your reasons for that, but you have to accept that means you've got to make more of an effort getting out there to meet more people.

French (from reading your posts about him) probably doesn't see you as anyone other than to lightly, occasionally flirt with. You were a casual work friend - not a potential girlfriend for him.

He was in a relationship with someone when you met him - he pursued that relationship and settled down with that woman - the truth is that you likely weren't in his viewfinder.

If you want to be in a relationship again, and want to continue living where you do - you are going to have to be much more active in getting out to meet someone (lots of someones so you'll have a choice).

Oh, his actions tell me that I'm still very much in his view finder. I've never seen a man go so out of his way to keep my attention, so the way I see it is that he just doesn't know what he wants.
It it were just milf flirting, I would be all ga ga over him.
For Example: I use to have certain chair I'd sit in at break, so he started sitting in that chair on his breaks. I wanted to see what would happen if I changed chairs and wouldn't you know it, he changed chairs too and started sitting in the new chair I was sitting in.

He has gone up stairs to talk to the big shots a few times to try to help me, which is something I never saw him do for anyone else.

I've seen him drive by my house I can't count the times and he even parked and sat out front for a while a few times.

So, it's all this stuff he does that tells me that I'm more to him than just an occational flirt.

I've been in enough relationships to know the difference between flirting and serious interest. It's all in the eyes and the actions with me. The eyes say a lot, but the actions say more.

Either way, he's still a twit Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 11:28 am
Montana wrote:

I've seen him drive by my house I can't count the times and he even parked and sat out front for a while a few times.

Take that red lightbulb out of the window and replace it with a standard bulb.

Then, tell me if his behavior changes. I am beginning to suspect something here.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 11:30 am
Stray Cat wrote:
Here go the married people again!

Maybe I'm being a little to touchy here, but I've had many conversations with my single friends about this, and the thing is......married people have this way of saying things that seem to imply, "You can't possibly be happy if you're not married -- or least coupled up with someone 24/7!"

I know they don't mean any harm. But it can come off as condescending, you know?

Montana is a very attractive woman who plenty of guys would like to be with. But she's also independent, and she's not going to fall apart if she's single. I admire that.

Montana, I think it's great that you're starting your own business. That would make an interesting thread. Maybe you could do one about it when you get a little more time? I'd love to hear about it!

I know you'll find someone if and when you want to.

Thank you SC :-)
You're right, I am extremely independent, so much so that it'll take a very understanding man to deal with it.
You're also right in saying that I don't need a man to be happy, but I've been alone for a long time now and it would be nice to have a decent man to share my life with.
Only problem is that it's very rare a man gets my complete attention. Even when I was younger and was a social butterfly, I was the same way. I could be in a room with a million men and not one of them would catch my interest. I was young when I realized there was no point in looking because it was like looking for a needle in a hay stack Laughing

As far as the business goes, I promise I'll fill you all in as soon as I'm all settled in :-D

You're very sweet SC! Thank you! :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 11:31 am
Rockhead wrote:
Montana,

What single guys see when they "notice" a gal:

A confident, happy, outgoing, approachable....

Hey, wait, you are all of these. Shocked

Get out and be you, and forget car parker guy, eh.

RH

I'll try :-D
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 11:33 am
No problem, Montana. I'm looking forward to hearing about your enterprises!

Quote:
Only problem is that it's very rare a man gets my complete attention.

Same here! It might sound choosy, but we're worth it! Razz
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 11:35 am
Montana wrote:
Oh, his actions tell me that I'm still very much in his view finder.

he chose someone else.

move on.

seriously.

you've given someone who is not interested in you way too much power.

avoiding going to town when you think he might be there. please. you're not in high school.

~~~

You are a very nice woman, but if you want a relationship you've got to deal with these things from an adult perspective.

Soz nailed it earlier with her comments about crushes.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 11:36 am
sozobe wrote:
Stray Cat wrote:
But I have to disagree with the idea of being "so busy you can't be happy." Happiness is different things to different people. I'm happiest when I am busy! Work is energizing to me and motivating.

I agree with this as a concept but Montana has made it clear that she REALLY wants to be in a relationship. I don't think everyone needs to be in a relationship to be happy -- many people are happier single, in fact. But in this specific case, I really agree with Beth that if Montana wants something, she needs to go for it and not hope that it kinda falls in her lap, or (Joe's point) keep putting off the going-for-it because of various mundane reasons. The mundane reasons are probably going to be there for a long time, even if they change around a bit.

It's not that I'm looking for a man or even have time for a relationship at the moment, it's just that I happened to fall this this guy in particular.

I'm really not looking for a relationship, but if I happen to stumble across someone who gives me those butterflies, I'm game Cool
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 11:38 am
martybarker wrote:
Montna,
Frenchy isn't right for you. You deserve so much better. In your romantic mind, don't settle for him. Set your sights higher.

Thanks Marty. I'll run into Mr. Right some day, I'm sure ;-)

And I know you will too ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 11:39 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
give up the pursuit of happiness and replace it with the pursuit of comfort.... you'll be better off....

I try <sigh>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 11:40 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Montana wrote:

Then, tell me if his behavior changes. I am beginning to suspect something here.

You lost me Gus! What does this mean? Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 11:41 am
Stray Cat wrote:
No problem, Montana. I'm looking forward to hearing about your enterprises!

Quote:
Only problem is that it's very rare a man gets my complete attention.

Same here! It might sound choosy, but we're worth it! Razz

Yes we are, aren't we :-D

Thanks SC :-D
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 11:41 am
Montana wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Montana wrote:

You lost me Gus! What does this mean? Laughing

Some say the origin of the red light comes from the red lanterns carried by railway workers, which were left outside brothels when the workers entered, so that they could be quickly located for any needed train movement.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 11:43 am
Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 11:46 am
I love your laugh, Montana.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 11:54 am
Thank you Gus and I love your smile, your tractor, your pitch fork, and so much more :-D
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:02 pm
oh, poor Montana. You need a vacation in the sun. Come to Hawaii in February for the Hawaii Bash. That Mame will be there and we'll find you Island Boy to chase your tears away.

aunty seaglass
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 02:10 pm
Quote:
Some say the origin of the red light comes from the red lanterns carried by railway workers, which were left outside brothels when the workers entered, so that they could be quickly located for any needed train movement.

Yep, those train moving emergencies can be a bitch! Or so I've heard....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 02:28 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Montana wrote:
Oh, his actions tell me that I'm still very much in his view finder.

he chose someone else.

move on.

seriously.

you've given someone who is not interested in you way too much power.

avoiding going to town when you think he might be there. please. you're not in high school.

~~~

You are a very nice woman, but if you want a relationship you've got to deal with these things from an adult perspective.

Soz nailed it earlier with her comments about crushes.

Beth, I can't just move on. My heart doesn't work that way and I don't know how you can say he's not interested in me! Someone who isn't interested in someone else doesn't go out of their way to his extent if they're not interested. At least I never met anyone who did.
If he wasn't interested, my feelings would have never gone as far as they did. Whenever I've been interested in anyone in the past that wasn't interested in me, my feelings dwindled as fast as they came.
I know when a man is interested in me!

No, I'm not in high school. Just because I think some of the things he did to get my attention were cute doesn't mean I'm being childish, does it?

My great grandparents held hands until the day one of them died and the other died not long after. I think that's special, cute and sweet, but not childish.

I'm avoiding him only because it's harder for me to see him and I tend to like to avoid things that hurt.

I wasn't looking for a relationship when I met him and I'm not looking for one now. It just happened and I'm stuck with it until it passes. My heart has absolutely no perspective and if that means I'm in high school, well I guess I'll just have to live with that because I can't change who I am.

I just came here to vent and to talk is all.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 02:31 pm
Sglass wrote:
oh, poor Montana. You need a vacation in the sun. Come to Hawaii in February for the Hawaii Bash. That Mame will be there and we'll find you Island Boy to chase your tears away.

aunty seaglass

Vacation, sun, Hawaii in Feb with you Mame and island boys sounds like heaven aunty seaglass! Oh, how I wish!!! Cool
0 Replies