Sean Taylor: Another victim of stupid gun laws

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:13 pm
Quote:
Taylor scheduled to be in court Sept. 12
Pasquarelli

By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor on Tuesday rejected a plea agreement in Miami that would have included a three-year prison term.

The second-year veteran, charged with felony assault and misdemeanor battery stemming from an alleged June 1 altercation, faces a maximum of 16 years in prison if convicted of both charges. Taylor is free to travel within the United States, and, thus, to report to the Redskins' training camp as he defends himself against the charges

You guys don't have a f**ing clue.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:19 pm
Quote:
Sean Taylor Reaches Deal to Avoid Jail
June 1, 2006 - 6:18am
By CURT ANDERSON
Associated Press Writer

MIAMI (AP) - Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor reached an agreement with prosecutors allowing him to plead no contest to a misdemeanor in the assault case against him, avoiding any jail time and the possibility of missing any of the upcoming NFL season.

The deal calls for Taylor to be placed on 18 months' probation, give speeches about the importance of staying in school at 10 Miami-Dade County schools and make contributions of $1,000 for scholarships to each of those schools, according to attorneys familiar with the case. They spoke on the condition of anonymity because the deal had not been finalized Wednesday. A hearing was scheduled for Thursday.

Taylor, 23, had faced a maximum of 46 years in prison if convicted on three aggravated assault charges and one misdemeanor charge stemming from a confrontation last June with a group of people in a dispute over all-terrain vehicles that Taylor owns. The trial was scheduled to start July 10.

Under the plea deal, Taylor is pleading no contest only to the misdemeanor battery charge. If he doesn't violate probation, even that charge would be eliminated from his record, the attorneys said.

The agreement came after the original prosecutor on the case, Michael Grieco, resigned in April after Taylor's lawyers claimed he was using the notoriety to promote his moonlighting business as a nightclub disc jockey. Grieco had posted links to news articles about the case on a personal Internet site.

Taylor's lawyers had repeatedly questioned whether the charges were warranted and whether the victims and witnesses in the case - many of whom have criminal records - were reliable.

Taylor, a former University of Miami standout, signed a seven-year, $18 million contract with the Redskins after he was drafted in 2004. He has six interceptions and 120 tackles in two NFL seasons, but has become almost as well-known for his troubles.

Taylor has been fined seven times during his professional career for late hits and other infractions, including a $17,000 penalty for spitting in the face of Tampa Bay running back Michael Pittman during a January playoff game. He was also fined $25,000 for skipping a mandatory rookie symposium.

Sean made a deal to avoid a three year prison sentence part of that agreement was that he was not allowed to possess a gun.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:32 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
With the info we have at this point, this was clearly a burglary gone bad. A home invasion requires the expectation that the occupants will be home. Of course, the perp who claimed that might be lying.

The problem, Chrissee, is that often when you use the term "clearly," the opposite is the case.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:34 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Sean made a deal to avoid a three year prison sentence part of that agreement was that he was not allowed to possess a gun.

No. As part of that agreement he went on probation. As part of his probation he was not allowed to possess a gun.

You obviously don't have a clue.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:36 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

No. As part of that agreement he went on probation. As part of his probation he was not allowed to possess a gun.

The probation was part of the agreement. How did you ever pass a bar exam with such poor comprehension skills?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:37 pm
maporsche wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
With the info we have at this point, this was clearly a burglary gone bad. A home invasion requires the expectation that the occupants will be home. Of course, the perp who claimed that might be lying.

Weren't you claiming earlier that this wasn't a simple burglary...and there was some intent to kill this man?

No, but earlier she said this: "We really don't have the details yet as to how this went down."

Shortly later she professed how "clearly" it was a burglary.

Quote:
Quote:

And I still find it offensive that Sean's death is being used as political fodder by the gun lunatics.

I am not a gun lunatic, nor am I a right-winger. I'm about as left of center as they come.

I thought it was odd we were in agreement.

Quote:
A little hippocratic maybe?

Does that mean her bedside manner is suspect?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:37 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

The problem, Chrissee,

Are you hallucinating again?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:41 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

The probation was part of the agreement. How did you ever pass a bar exam with such poor comprehension skills?

The agreement isn't the reason he didn't possess a gun. The resulting probation ordered him to not possess a gun --- that's why he didn't have the gun. You want to be a stickler about technicalities, we can do that.

I passed the bar exam (3 different states now) because I'm so much smarter than you.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:43 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

The problem, Chrissee,

Are you hallucinating again?

Right, sorry ... your full name is Harper/Chrissee/Nichole/Roxxxxanne ... dammit I think I'm forgetting one.

The fact that you're implying you did not formerly post here as Chrissee is yet another indication that your veracity is still in the crapper.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:44 pm
If you are smarter than me, you sure don't show it by your participation here. (BTW it is doubtful that you are smarter than me) Is your IQ higher than 145?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:44 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
If you are smarter than me, you sure don't show it by your participation here. (BTW it is doubtful that you are smarter than me) Is your IQ higher than 145?

Yes.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:45 pm
given a lot of anecdotal evidence over time I'm pretty sure Tico has a crush on Roxanne... he seems unable to stop dipping her pigtails in the inkwell....
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:46 pm
And if your IQ ever approached 145, that was obviously many moons -- and bottles of gin -- ago.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:47 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
given a lot of anecdotal evidence over time I'm pretty sure Tico has a crush on Roxanne... he seems unable to stop dipping her pigtails in the inkwell....

LOL
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:48 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

LOL

Please tell me Roxxxanne if you think it's appropriate to mention the death of a soldier or 3000 of them when discussing the politics of the war in Iraq.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:49 pm
BPB, there is no doubt in my mind you are feeding a fantasy of hers. Please stop it.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:51 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
BPB, there is no doubt in my mind you are feeding a fantasy of hers. Please stop it.

I gotta go, I am becoming nauseous.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:52 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

I gotta go, I am becoming nauseous.

How convenient.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 01:02 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

And I still find it offensive that Sean's death is being used as political fodder by the gun lunatics.

I am not a gun lunatic, nor am I a right-winger. I'm about as left of center as they come.

I thought it was odd we were in agreement.

It should just go to show you how objective I am. If the argument is good, it's hard not to agree with it.

Quote:

Quote:
A little hippocratic maybe?

Does that mean her bedside manner is suspect?

Nope...damn spellchecker.

Meant to saw hypocritical of course.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 01:06 pm
maporsche wrote:
Wilso wrote:
Hey gunga, do you name your guns? And do you get a hard on when hold them?

Look, I don't like gunga at all, but this is pretty inappropriate.

This guy is a LUNATIC. He shouldn't be allowed in the same state as a firearm. What's inappropriate is actually validating his opinions by attempting to engage in rational debate. He's a severely damaged individual who should be locked in padded room where he can't hurt anybody.
0 Replies