Living back at my parents house...

ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 05:30 pm
Yes, what is your excuse? We've heard excuses on leaving the marriage for years now. Much daisy petal pulling, over and over. Last I read, your father was taking care of it.....

Do you think we responding to your posts haven't lived through similar things as you are going through?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 05:33 pm
It's your father's job to come up with something after the beginning of the year, not yours.

Time for you to start planning to get a job and exiting the family home, methinks.

And quit borrowing trouble by asking your dad things he's unwilling to share. Never mind all that. If your mom looks okay, great. If not, obviously your dad doesn't want to tell you... it may be hard, but you might need to drop it.
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 12:19 am
ossobuco wrote:
Yes, what is your excuse? We've heard excuses on leaving the marriage for years now. Much daisy petal pulling, over and over. Last I read, your father was taking care of it.....

I have left the marriage...months ago....or haven't I explained that well enough for you? I thought I also mentioned that I was going to be seeing a lawyer at the begining of the year to finalize the divorce. All that needs to be done is for me to sign on a dotted line. I need a lawyer for that. That costs money. Money I don't have. My dad said he would help me pay for everything but he won't have money to spare until the begining of the year. The reason it hasn't been taken care of sooner is because MY MOTHER IS ILL...she could DIE and this could be the last Christmas I ever spend with her. Forgive me if I haven't taken on the selfish attitude of thinking only of myself at a time like this. I really am not sure what other kind of "excuse" you are expecting from me.

ossobuco wrote:
Do you think we responding to your posts haven't lived through similar things as you are going through?

Of course I have thought about that...in fact, I would prefer that someone has lived through exactly what I am going through. I am hoping that when I post something that someone out there knows what I am talking about! I would much rather listen to someone who has been in my shoes and been faced with the same situation than someone who is just giving their opinion. Not that their opinion doesn't matter or anything.
0 Replies