Advise

aimeemarie123

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 11:31 am
as far as i know penises are made by nature to accommodate vagina's. there for the penis is usually going to be as long and round to accommodate a vagina but there are always exceptions. the whole rumor about loose vaginas isn't really true because if women are doing there exercises then they will be just fine.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 11:37 am
Well, erect penises. Flaccid penises and vaginas don't have a lot to do with each other.

I found this in a quick search, not that authoritative though, will look a bit more.

Quote:
Evolutionary scientists have pointed out that black men's penises do not expand as much when erect, and thus are closer to their maximum size when flaccid. Caucasian men, on the other hand, experience significant differences in length between the erect and flaccid state.

The theory behind this states that white people evolved in colder climates, where it was not necessarily advantageous to have a long todger hanging out in the snow, constantly in danger of frostbite. Thus, the Caucasian penis evolved to be smaller when it was not being used.

http://www.sexforwomen.info/big_black_mens_dicks.htm

This is "scientific", but I don't know how trustworthy, either:

Quote:
Surprisingly, it would appear from Figure 5, that contrary to popular myth, Black males have shorter erect lengths than their Caucasian counterparts. However, due to the small sample size and large variation in lengths, this "difference" is not statistically significant. The average flaccid length among Blacks however was 93.8mm (3.7") compared to 87.7mm (3.4") for Caucasians, which may be responsible for the impression that Black men have greater erect dimensions. Again, I emphasize that these observations must remain tentative.

http://www.sizesurvey.com/result.html

Edit: I hadn't scrolled all the way down on the sizesurvey link, there are some pics of the subject matter. Shocked So click at your own risk.
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 11:37 am
college is a place where most people in there lives (if they go to college) get std's because college students don't think it can happen to them. there are truth in rumors but i highly doubt that it is 5 people it is more like 1. there could very well be 5 though if one person had it and didn't know. college is home of serial monogamy. people assume because they are with someone they are safe. but they don't take in to account all the people they were with before.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 11:39 am
aimeemarie123 wrote:
i believe that the statistics are a little bit lower for woman to man HIV transmission but not much. although some people are carriers of the disease they have it but never show symptoms.

Everything I've heard lately says it's extremely rare for a woman to transmit HIV to a man under normal circumstances.

Sozobe writes:

"'m interested in the woman-->man transition thing, too, especially after reading the recent NYT Mag article about black men "on the Down Low." Like, Magic Johnson... did he really get it from an infected woman, or from a man? The article seemed to imply that statistics have been skewed when "straight" men insist that the only way they could've gotten it was from a woman."

I tend to go along with that theory.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 11:45 am
MAYO CLINIC STD _ QUIZ
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 11:46 am
Feola, that's what I thought...but how rare? So rare you'd think those "straight" guys most likely got it from another guy? I think I read somewhere, years ago, around 1 out of 15,000 chance of catching HIV from having unprotected intercourse from an infected woman. That seems almost too slim.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 12:03 pm
aimeemarie123 wrote:
college is a place where most people in there lives (if they go to college) get std's because college students don't think it can happen to them. there are truth in rumors but i highly doubt that it is 5 people it is more like 1. there could very well be 5 though if one person had it and didn't know. college is home of serial monogamy. people assume because they are with someone they are safe. but they don't take in to account all the people they were with before.

Well the rumor was 3 out of 5. Are you thinking 1 out of 5 or 5 out of --how many!? A huge difference.

I tried to get the statistics but none were easily availble specifically for colleges. But I suspect from the over all statistics on STD's and people under 25 the campuses are high.

Colleges are little microcosms of the real world. And I think that promotes spread of any infectious disease.

I'm not sure if "college is the home of serial monagamy" these days. That's an oxymoron anyway! And would cancel out any notion of "serial monagomists being any safer.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 12:16 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Feola, that's what I thought...but how rare? So rare you'd think those "straight" guys most likely got it from another guy? I think I read somewhere, years ago, around 1 out of 15,000 chance of catching HIV from having unprotected intercourse from an infected woman. That seems almost too slim.

Well, I think they got it from guy or by other means- i.e. unsanitary share of needles or anything other than "ordinary sex" with a woman. (Now don't jump to conclusions) By that I mean, sex between not healthy, open sore ridden people having sex together or engaging in other unclean activity, unsterile piercing, bootleg medical proceedures etc.

Personally, If I were a guy, I wouldn't take a 1 and 15,000 chance with a stranger. But I think you are a guy and if you engage in some of the activity I mentioned, yes your odds will go up- drastically.

But I think by avoiding unsafe sex with a woman and avoiding some of these other activities (safely or not,) a guys odds are pretty low- I think this is where the low statistic comes into play)
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 09:15 am
Statistics
Quote:
Heterosexual contact Male who got it from female: 32,7:35 Female who got it from male:57,396

you can look up the AIDS statistics on this web site

CDC home page
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 09:52 am
o kso i did some looking around and some STD statistics i found were
1 in 4 people in the U.S. will have an STD at one time in their life.
there are 33,000 americans that contract an STD each day.
more than 12 million americans will get an STD each year.

these Statistics are from the Burroughs Wellcome Co.
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 10:00 am
serial monogamy is a term used in text books to explain the sexual habits of college students: being in a relationship for six months or longer and say it's a heterosexual relationship the female goes on Birth control they decide using condoms is not something they have to do any longer. then they break up and do the same thing with another person. they decide that unprotected sex is ok because they assume the person they are with is safe.
this is paraphrased from:
dimensions of human sexuality
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 10:30 am
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/pphb-dgspsp/publicat/epiu-aepi/std-mts/std511_e.html
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 09:51 pm
oh dear. I answered all 10 Qs right on that MAYO quizz.

I too know a lot about STDs. For instance, did you all know that 1 in 4 people in the US over the age of 13 (I think) have genital herpes? Or at least that's the stats I read. I'll try to find a study.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 09:57 pm
Wow, if that's true, little, the rumor that I heard may be fairly true! Yikes.

fealola wrote:
Possible, Rumour or Hysteria???:

Some high schoolers I know were discussing a well known party college nearby and they heard that 3 of 5 students there had an STD. How likely do you think this could be.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 10:05 pm
Quote:
How common is genital herpes?

Results of a recent, nationally representative study show that genital herpes infection is common in the United States. Nationwide, 45 million people ages 12 and older, or one out of five of the total adolescent and adult population, are infected with HSV-2.

HSV-2 infection is more common in women (approximately one out of four women) than in men (almost one out of five). This may be due to male-to-female transmission being more efficient than female-to-male transmission.

the CDC
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 10:06 pm
I think that must be an estimate because often the studies say that many people don't know they are infected. The numbers may be higher.
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 07:58 am
all studies are based on people that know they have STD's it's much higher because some STD's don't have symptoms at all, which can mean more and more people get infected and don't know.
maybe we should all cover ourselves in latex. Laughing
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 09:05 am
~Um... ok. But what do you have in mind. This stuff is hot.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 09:10 am
The secret is baby powder, Craven. And a/c.
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 09:25 am
i was on campus one day and they had these people dressed up like giant condoms and they were handing out condoms i think we should all get giant condom suits. might be very interesting if everyone were covered in giant latex condom suits.
0 Replies