Advise

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 09:38 am
I am a women's studies major and know a lot about STI's (used to be known as STD's) and women's health, and even sexuality in general. Ask me a question and I would love to try and answer it for you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,115 • Replies: 42
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 09:43 am
How many STDs should one plan to aquire in order to fully understand the issue?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 09:46 am
Ah, you poor young folk - when I was a gel, you SURVIVED all of them!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 09:47 am
Yeah, but the world was black and white then. At least we have color in ours.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 09:48 am
oh, my dear, we had SUCH colour!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 09:51 am
aimeemarie,

Would you happen to know where I can find the following statistics?

A) What % of the population has had an STD.
B) If there are any studies of the probablity of contracting an STD based on the number of sexual encounters.
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 10:38 am
there are books
the book, the dimensions of human sexuality, and i know this will sound funny but sex for dummies is a helpful book. also you don't need to get them to know about them. there is also a journal of human sexuality that can be accessed on the net or at your local library.
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 10:40 am
statisitics
i can sheck the statistics from studies i have researched and get back to you also.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 10:47 am
What's the chances of passing HIV during heterosexual unprotected intercouse from an infected woman to a non infected man?

What exactly does she mean when she says "that was the best fake orgasm I've had in my life!"
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 10:50 am
what??
i'll chech on the HIV thing but best fake orgasm?? no clue but your on your own with that one!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 11:03 am
I'm interested in the woman-->man transition thing, too, especially after reading the recent NYT Mag article about black men "on the Down Low." Like, Magic Johnson... did he really get it from an infected woman, or from a man? The article seemed to imply that statistics have been skewed when "straight" men insist that the only way they could've gotten it was from a woman.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 11:07 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

What exactly does she mean when she says "that was the best fake orgasm I've had in my life!"

I wanna know if ethnic \ racial background has anything to do with Penis size or is it in the eye of the beholder?
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 11:17 am
Possible, Rumour or Hysteria???:

Some high schoolers I know were discussing a well known party college nearby and they heard that 3 of 5 students there had an STD. How likely do you think this could be.
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 11:18 am
i believe that the statistics are a little bit lower for woman to man HIV transmission but not much. although some people are carriers of the disease they have it but never show symptoms.

I don't really think that racial background has anything to do with penis size, because racial background has nothing to do with a lot of things, like genetics. there is something like one gene that determines skin color. that is a lot in the 1000's of genes that determine everything else.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 11:21 am
fealola wrote:

Some high schoolers I know were discussing a well known party college nearby and they heard that 3 of 5 students there had an STD. How likely do you think this could be.

we once had 3 guys on the football team who all came down with crabs or lack of the right word - from the same girl, they had to get a full shave on the body hair in those days. For a bunch of us other players it was pretty funny to experience those guys with there little problem.
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 11:22 am
Quote:

well it depends really on if they all have slept with each other or not. it really depends on how protected you are and if you know how to use condoms properly,
no contact of fluids condom on before any sexual contact, protected oral sex because that can pass std's also.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 11:24 am
I read somewhere (can look up) that black men's penises tend to have less size difference when they are erect than whites -- i.e. they average out to be about the same when erect, but when flaccid (I know you guys hate that word), black men's tend to be a bit longer. So in locker rooms or whatever, checking out happens and incorrect assumptions are made.

Kind of the same idea as noses -- caucasian noses evolved to be longer and narrower to deal with cold temps. And their penises evolved to get shorter and closer to the body to deal with same. Confused

I have no idea where I got this stuff, will go try to find out if there is any veracity in a bit.
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 11:25 am
crabs live on moist areas, towels, toilet seats, etc.
they also jump so squatting over a toilet seat is not going to protect you.
are they sure that they are all from the same girl. sharing the locker room could have been the culprate
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 11:27 am
I know, aimeemarie, but have you heard of any statistics along these lines? FYI, I'm not the high schooler, I'm the mother! Laughing Laughing

Husker, yeah back in the good old days! But nobody ever died from crabs!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 11:29 am
aimeemarie123 wrote:
crabs live on moist areas, towels, toilet seats, etc.
they also jump so squatting over a toilet seat is not going to protect you.
are they sure that they are all from the same girl. sharing the locker room could have been the culprate

Pretty sure it was not the locker room - and when it happened they were banned from the locker room for about a week. Then there was much baldness showing for many laughs!! It was the same gal on the same night - they were they real low-lifes of the teams.
0 Replies