Fate??? KITTENS!!!!!! with added pics

Sam1951

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 04:56 pm
My kids, oh alright cats.
Hi All,

Viv, you surely have an elegant little lady. You did a fine job of raising her. I had a like experience with five orphaned puppies, lots of work, great rewards but, thats another story.

YOu asked about my feline family. First a little history: In 1983 all of my cats were killed in an explosion and fire at my Mom's house. I was at Ft. Gordon, GA for military training at the time. I decided not to have any more pets of any kind until I could import Japanese Bob Tails. Then my cousin passed on and left me her two cats. Rumpelteaser and Daffodil, Daffy for short.

Rumps had a heart murmer so neutering would have been risky, so it never happened. Daffy was psychotic from Ketamine anathsetic. What a pair. Well various house-mates and three litters of kittens later I had Stasha, Snooze and Bustopher Jones too.

Bustopher now lives on a dairy farm in Iowa and devotes his time to the mouse population and and trying to be everyones friend. No kidding, he does not understand that some other animals do not like him.

Daffy live to a ripe old age and passed quietly in his sleep. He did finally get over the Ketamine and became a very sweet cat.

Rumps was more loyal than any dog. He slept on my pillow every night until the last week of his life. When I found out his kidneys had stoped functioning I arranged for him to sire one last litter. Of the five kittens I got three, Parker, Edmund and Jane. Rumps hung on for a year, with regular rehydration, and sired one more last litter with Jane, Embarrassed ! One of the kittens looked almost like Rumps hence Rumpleteaser II.

They are all great and loving cats. Stasha, Snooze and Parker are tuxedo cats. Edmund is white with black blotches and looks like a Holstein. Jane is a dainty gray tabby with white gloves, stockings, bib and mask. Rumps II is solid gray on top and white below, think of a Great White Shark. His dad had two thirds of a moustache he does not.

Thats my feline family. Billie and I also have three sled dogs, who get on well with the cats.

Sam
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 02:57 am
Laughing Very Happy

Love the "cuddle in the evening" shot! This critter is too much! Very Happy What a life!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 01:08 pm
Sam

That sounds like a great household! Smile
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 03:25 pm
Re: My kids, oh alright cats.
Sam1951 wrote:

YOu asked about my feline family. First a little history: In 1983 all of my cats were killed in an explosion and fire at my Mom's house. I was at Ft. Gordon, GA for military training at the time.

Sam

how sad. and Hi

you certainly have a houseful! post some photos?
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:37 pm
Sorry, no cat pix utill next week.
Hi Vivien,

Billie and I are about to leave for Pine Ridge SD. We are going to visit family and deal with a small problem. I committed to four years Sun Dancing and the Sun Dance Chief I committed with passed on in March so I need to talk to Uncle Reed about dancing at his Sun Dance.
We should be back home Saturday or Sunday so shortly after that I'll post some pix of my furry family.

My best to you and everyone else at a2k

Sam
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 03:39 pm
... and explain the sun dancing to me?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 08:59 pm
Yes - I was wondering, too!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 08:11 pm
Me three:) Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 09:02 pm
Me 4 Very Happy
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 02:34 pm
http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/11568/zrosie%20in%20garden%204%20for%20email.jpg

Rosie update
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 02:37 pm
What a pet!
Lovely markings!
Wanna kitten!!!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 03:31 pm
Oh how beautiful our little Rosie is! I was hoping you'd post this one Viv because it is precious!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 05:28 pm
The ferocious biting when playing has stopped now thank heavens. I got strict about it because she was toooo enthusiastic and drawing blood.

She still uses her teeth to tell you to stop when she doesn't want to be stroked - she holds your hand firmly with her teeth, puts her paw on it and looks at you - and you stop - or else! Spoilt madam.

She was loving the Spring sunshine and now it has gone cold and grey and drizzly again - typical bank holiday weather.

more photos from everyone??????
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 07:40 pm
Vivien, Paddy stopped drawing blood not so long ago, and still, to this day, will nip with his teeth if he's not in the mood for what I'm doing. I've learned to take him at his word!

More pictures coming soon:)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 11:25 pm
Vivien

I love your photographs of Rosie. And also love to hear your stories of how humans & critters learn to coexist. Very Happy
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 03:37 pm
msolga - thanks Very Happy - I love to hear your stories too - so more????
(and Margo too)

misti - i had a look at the pics you uploaded Very Happy - lovely - doing a series like that gives a real sense of animation, i can almost see them moving investigating that tin!

Lacey is a dainty little sweetheart and Paddy is gorgeous and very masculine - i can imagine him nipping you!

I can't remember if i told you but i went to Liverpool for a long day out to the Tate Gallery last weekend and Rosie absolutely threw herself at me in welcome when i got home! Himself was half asleep watching sport on TV and i think she was bored stiff with him!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 09:13 pm
Vivien, thank you! I will post some of the pictures here as soon as I can get to you.

Poor Rosie, I can just imagine her waiting for you and running to the door when you came home:)

Do you still take her to work with you?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 09:25 pm
These are lovely photos in all senses -- the subject but also the quality of the photographs themselves.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 04:02 am
no misti - it was only for a very short time when she needed 3 hourly feeding, they are NOT animal lovers at work on the whole.

I still take her up to my parents to visit, they love her and it keeps her used to the car and when we go away she'll be ok there. She travels in a pet carrier but i want to try her with a collar and lead so that she can move about a bit - i need himself there so that if she gets panicky we can pop her in her box.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 02:49 pm
I wish I had done more to get Possum used to the car as a kitty!

Now the thought of the car is enough to put him into a frenzy, and the 10-minute trip to the vet leaves us both exhausted and howling!
0 Replies