Fate??? KITTENS!!!!!! with added pics

Eva

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 06:10 am
Yes, she'd be much safer at your parents'. The problem with traveling with cats is that it takes them awhile to adjust to new environments, so they're freshly traumatized each day. At least at your parents, there's only one environment change.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 04:12 pm
thanks for the feedback msolga and eva - the jury is still out!

We took our last 2 cats away with us once. One settled happily and wasn't really bothered. The other was nervous and stayed in the wardrobe when we were out and glued to my leg when i was in! For him it was NOT a good idea. They were both frightened in the car.

Rosie isn't frightened in the car which is why i would consider it at all.

so - either way it is strange territory but one way she has us part of the time.

She was better at my parents when she was younger but as she has grown up is more assertive about what she will and will not accept!

I probably will leave her with my parents. msolga is right about it being a good idea for her to get used to going there. She is fine with people who come to our house - it's her turf.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 10:00 pm
Vivien, I can agree with what msolga stated above, but I would opt to take her with me, because I can't stand to leave mine.

I know they're fine without me, it's me that's not fine without them:)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 10:48 pm
You ol' softie, Misti! Very Happy
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 02:10 am
Misti26 wrote:

I know they're fine without me, it's me that's not fine without them:)

true! Confused

she'll miss her cuddles though - I can't see her settling enough to be cuddly with my parents.

When she's not sleepy you can't catch her - she skips just out of range <laughing at you>

When she's tired she just melts into me, sighs and flakes out with her head and nose tucked under my chin, it's so endearing. She never cuddles up with himself - he's for playing out in the garden with!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 10:22 pm
Awwwwwwwwwww Viv, how beautiful is that?!

I have a cough right now that just won't quit, and last night I guess I was couging through the night ... Paddy was right up by my head, where normally he sleeps at my feet! He is just so cute and adorable!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 01:09 am
aaaaaaah that's lovely! he's concerned about you. Timmy always cuddled up to me if i was ill, very quiet and comforting.

the little tabby tiger is prancing in and out from the garden chasing imaginary birds (or something) and <yuk!> flies.

She refused to come out of her travelling box again yesterday at my parents and was again happy as larry in the car -- little monster.
She doesn't hold a grudge for being taken up there and just gets on with playing/sleeping/cuddling when we get home.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 10:19 pm
Vivien, Rosie is a gem ... she surely is!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 08:59 pm
Well now, I guess Rosie just isn't going to go where she doesn't want to go! So there!

Since I haven't been here in awhile, I don't know if I mentioned our condo. association wrote us a letter stating we are in violation of the "one pet rule" ... we have until Aug. 30th to rectify the situation.

So let's see ... which kittie should we throw out in the waste bin?

Not a chance ... neither one of them are going anywhere, unless we are with them.

http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/US/FL/Cocoa_Beach.gif
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 07:18 am
That is so ridiculous and sad. As if they are any harm to anyone with being indoor cats! I do hope you manage to sort it out. Good luck
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 12:57 pm
Misti, we keep all our fingers and paws crossed for you, Rae, Paddy and Lacey!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 07:13 pm
Urs, thank you ... we don't want no trouble here, yah know?

Hope you and BD are enjoying your summer!

http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/default_both/language/www/US/FL/Cocoa_Beach.gif
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 08:04 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/MistiErin/PaddyandLaceyresized.jpg

Paddy, you first, I'm smaller than you:)
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 04:13 am
a gorgeous photo - any developments in your housing problem? I'd just lie through your teeth and deny that there is more than one cat! Your daughter was visiting with hers but has now gone home with her cat????
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 05:01 am
Great shot of P & L, Misti. Very Happy To think you became a cat fancier only recently!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 05:33 am
Oh, Paddy and Lacey!

I agree with Vivien. Lie!

(still crossing paws and fingers!)
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 08:29 pm
I am mailing the letter tomorrow and yes, I am lying through my teeth but I've got two happy kitties!

Thanks all for the prayers and finger crossings, I will keep you updated:)
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:33 pm
http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/11568/normal_rosie%20a2k%20under%20newspaper.jpg

a photo update on my horrible little tiger - she has a passion for diving under newspaper and into boxes, she simply cannot resist them!

I came back from dinner with my parents to an ecstatic welcome as himself was glued to the Olympics and she was bored and wanted entertaining - so the floor is covered in a sheets from the newspaper that she's scattered Rolling Eyes off to tidy up now
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 07:17 pm
What a face!!! Beautiful eyes and looks like she's full of it!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 05:32 am
A terrific shot, Vivien! She's beautiful! Very Happy
0 Replies