How do you keep healthy and young-looking?

Chumly

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 04:29 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Watch out for that very hot water. Dermatologist usually recommend against that. I like it myself, and don't listen to the dermos, but be forewarned.

Young, I've no interest in being young. Beauty, that interests me, and not so much beauty in myself but in what is around me. Beauty, for me, doesn't fit a lot of folks' definitions, has more to do with my joy of looking at life with its mix of good, bad, and ugly.
What does hot water do? A long hot bath is such a great feeling because at work I am constantly climbing ladders & scaffolds, bending pipe, pulling cable, walking distances, carrying loads. Very physical type stuff.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 04:33 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
lucky genetics
You dye your hair? I do!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 07:29 pm
Also, there was this artist, Mr. Hallward if I remember correctly, I commissioned to paint a portrait of me as a younger man. Uncanny it was. It's in the attic right now, but last time I checked, my likeness in the picture seemed to have aged, and even morphed to reflect certain indelible crimes my soul may never let me forget, whereas the flesh on my actual face has remained unchanged for at least a decade now.

Oh well. <shrug>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 07:36 pm
Chumly wrote:
ossobuco wrote:
Watch out for that very hot water. Dermatologist usually recommend against that. I like it myself, and don't listen to the dermos, but be forewarned.

Young, I've no interest in being young. Beauty, that interests me, and not so much beauty in myself but in what is around me. Beauty, for me, doesn't fit a lot of folks' definitions, has more to do with my joy of looking at life with its mix of good, bad, and ugly.
What does hot water do? A long hot bath is such a great feeling because at work I am constantly climbing ladders & scaffolds, bending pipe, pulling cable, walking distances, carrying loads. Very physical type stuff.

I know it's a great feeling. Which is why I still do it once in a while.

Check dermatologist's sites.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 07:43 pm
Gargamel,

I'll respond in the humorous non sequitur:

If as you mentioned in another thread, well-manicured grass makes the world go 'round, then Letty's post in this thread about water requirements for St. Augustine grass is prophetic, am I wrong?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 07:45 pm
Well, I meant multiple dermatologists' sites.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 07:48 pm
Will do ossobuco!
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 09:00 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
lucky genetics

Good point.
Pick your parents well.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 10:47 pm
Chumly wrote:
Gargamel,

I'll respond in the humorous non sequitur:

If as you mentioned in another thread, well-manicured grass makes the world go 'round, then Letty's post in this thread about water requirements for St. Augustine grass is prophetic, am I wrong?

It is more than mere coincidence, that's certain.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 11:50 am
Balanced diet
don't smoke
stay out of the sun/wear sunscreen when you go out, regardless of the weather or time of year
no harsh soaps (I'm allergic to a bunch of stuff so this is a given for me)
not super-hot water (because it will dry the hell outta your skin)
take things easy, don't sweat the small stuff
keep up with medical and dental stuff (e. g. get regular care)
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 06:53 am
Quit smoking
Cut down on the joe joe joe.
Started spending more time with friends and family, less time on the comp.
Trying to stress less and enjoy the ride.

Diet and exercise is neither here nor there. I try.

Try to be a decent sort and help people if I can.

Don't know if any of that beats what a healthy sex life can do. I will not take that for granted again. Ay ayy ayy.

That dude who sang don't worry be happy had it down.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 07:41 am
coat your face in baboon semen.

The hard part is whacking off a baboon
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 03:10 pm
This may help
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 08:35 pm
Most mornings I do three sets, using dumbbells, for one different muscle group; I keep the reps down to 10-12. I try to eat very little red meat. Eat fish every morning. Most nights beans of one sort or another is a side dish. Take vitamins morning and night with other supplements/minerals. Additional vitamin C, before sleep with a mug of water. Don't smoke or drink alcohol. Twice daily drink a mix of green tea, oolong tea, black tea, white tea, and recently added pu-ehr tea. And, walk, walk, walk. I should read more for my brain's sake. That's a New Year's Resolution.

Life is too short; I avoid annoying people.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 08:52 pm
I hear people extolling the virtues of water on a daily basis, yet I tend to discount such theories and push water aside with disdain as I reach for my beer.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 08:59 pm
Well, I'm just coming from boxing training. The trainer set me up to spar with a veteran boxer, trainer himself. Before we started he aked: "Are you single" No, he wasn't interested in me. He wanted to know if anyone will go after him if he breaks my nose. Shocked And that is how I stay in shape these days.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 09:40 pm
I'm morbidly obese. Some people eat candy bars for a snack, I eat a stick of butter. And french fries are my favorite breakfast. At 502 lbs, I'm thinking of switching to light beer, which hopefully will get me down to lean 460 by the end of 2009.
0 Replies