Reyn

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 04:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
Wink Laughing

http://woolgirl.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c45f853ef0133f07aa58c970b-800wi
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 07:23 pm
Well, was at doctor's office with my wife, for my mom, again.

He thinks its time to get the ball rolling to have her move into a care facility. Too many falls. The xray results are showing multple fractured ribs, from recent to ones healed over from past falls.

Plus, her confusion is getting worse. She wakes up, sometimes at night to go to the bathroom, and feels she's not in her own home. Looks at photos, not recognizing anyone.

It's a sad day, but I guess things are in motion. Sad

Waiting lists, no doubt.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 07:46 pm
@Reyn,
The falls alone are reason enough to move it along. A high percentage of the elderly die from falls. We have an 85 year old woman at the apartments. She walks around like a young person. But, she has fallen about four times, recently. I worry about her, because her children don't make daily visits.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 09:57 am
At my job, we have been steadily putting new Hardy Plank siding on all of the buildings. Last year, a contractor replaced the siding on the gables and the fascia - everything to slightly below the gutters. There has been a bit of see-saw over whether to continue using the maintenance crew's time for the project or to get the contractors back. Personally, I don't mind doing it. Last time somebody mentioned the contractors, the owner came back with, if we go that route, we will let Edgar go. (I am not supposed to have that information). It opens up the question: Are they planning to let me go once the hard stuff is completed? Which could be in weeks or perhaps six or seven months? It's a quandary. Haven't made up my mind to apply elsewhere just yet.
Reyn

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 12:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
I hope that's not the case, Edgar. You deserve better than that. You obviously still have value, otherwise they would have let you go ages ago.

Next Wed, Feb 9th, I will be going to a job fair for a new dollar-type store that will be opening up here soon. I'm hoping this will lead to something.

I did do the exact job back in 2009 for their competition.

We will see.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 12:59 pm
As Fats Waller often said, "One never knows, do one?"
Reyn

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 09:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
So, as I mentioned, this is a new store opening up.

Initially, I've been hired to help set up the store, which is supposed to take about 2 weeks. Then, they'll be making decisions as to who will become regular staff, but I don't feel that there should be no reason as to why I wouldn't be taken on.

We'll see. I will know more by late Monday afternoon.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 09:15 pm
@Reyn,
hoo flippin ray!!!

Laughing
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 09:48 pm
@Reyn,
Good deal, reyn.

I should know Monday if I will have a job for another several months or none at all.
Reyn

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 09:48 pm
@Rockhead,
Well, I'm being cautiously optomistic about my latest venture back into the workforce.

These 2 weeks are going to hard, as the store is pushing for a quick opening. There's going to be 12 hour days, 7am to 7pm, I understand.

On Monday afternoon, there's an orientation session. First day of work could be as early as Thursday, depending on if the trucks bringing in supplies for shelving, etc, arrives as expected.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 09:49 pm
@Reyn,
be sure and stretch real good before you go...
Reyn

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 09:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I should know Monday if I will have a job for another several months or none at all.

Okay, will keep my fingers crossed for you. I hope that you will continue on.

If not, do you have any Plan Bs in stock?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 09:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Good deal, reyn.

Good on ya, reyn
Reyn

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 09:51 pm
@Rockhead,
Thanks, will remember, and to lift with the legs, not the back! Wink
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 09:51 pm
@Reyn,
I know a few spots to apply. After almost 19 years looking will be a strange thing.
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 09:52 pm
@Reyn,
Reyn:

http://www.eirefirst.com/clipart/gifs/Shamrock%20-%20Good%20Luck.gif

I've got my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you.

http://www.puppetsandprops.com/Images/marshall%20eyes%20cross.jpg
Reyn

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 09:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
Oh, I know that feeling! I hate interviews! Mad

0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 09:54 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thanks, BFN. I've been keeping this rather quiet, after the last 2 forays that didn't pan out. Wink
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 10:15 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

They are in the office right now, discussing the matter.