edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 12:06 pm
@Reyn,
Hang in there, reyn. It will get better.
My hand is more of a problem to everyone else than to me. It only bothers me a little, mostly when they are worrying for me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 05:43 pm
Any day now
I shall be released
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 08:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
Don't get snot all over the keyboard, reyn.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 09:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
eewww...

(note to self, if I ever visit Reyn, bring surgical gloves for keyboard borrowin'...)

Wink
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 09:21 pm
@Rockhead,
I kid of course, but reyn has a pretty bad case of flu or something.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 09:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
Sending psychologicimal homemade chicken soup to the Reyn Man...

(best wishes and health)
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 10:28 pm
Hi guys. Managed to get through another day. The next 2 will be rough, as I have a 2pm to 10pm shift.

Here's hoping I'll be feeling up to it.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 04:44 am
@Reyn,
Chicken soup, reyn. Lots of dayquill.
Izzie

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 05:25 am
@Reyn,
Sending hugs with soup and hoping you "coud" goes away soon and you feel better. xox
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 07:59 am
@edgarblythe,
Hi guys. I'm currently usinng the day and nightquills. They seem to work, but I am now in the cpughing phase of my cold and I was up a number of times taking my Buckley's cough syrup. Unfortunately, my wife was woken, too, so we're both pretty tired.

I think I'm going to take my first sick day today.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 12:04 pm
@Reyn,
A what? Sick day? Buddy, you're fired.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 05:56 pm
Some years ago, I informed my neighbors that I did not want to work for them. I didn't give a reason, but, it was because they live too close. I would never have any peace - or rest. My regular job is hard enough. But, today, I relented and helped the next door woman board her windows. She offered me a hundred dollars, but I refused it. I just couldn't take watching her struggle with the puny 9v drill and the screws. But I don't plan to make a habit of it.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 05:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
Good on ya, Ed.

(got a fence?)
Reyn

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 08:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

A what? Sick day? Buddy, you're fired.

Yeah, I know, but in all fairness, I did spend last night coughing a lot, and, subsequently, did not get a very restful sleep, feeling like a tired bag of poop in the morning. I kept my poor wife up, too, who is also tired.

Today, I have seemed to done a good turnaround and, I'm sure, will be heading back to work for Friday.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 08:57 pm
@Rockhead,
Yeah, rock. I built a fence to keep the dogs from wandering. Then I put a lock on the gate to keep certain punks from messing with my stuff late at night. None of my dogs has ever been worth a flip as watchdogs. They sleep like logs, snoring even, never thinking about my welfare. The few times there ha been a suggestion of a problem, they have looked to me to protect them.. Why, for two cents, I'd ship them to New Mexico.
Reyn

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 09:30 pm
Here's something to think about:

Boy, 5, blew £60,000 at shops

A six-year-old boy went on a £60,000 shopping spree after finding a fortune in cash in his dad's safe.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h246/Reyn2244/Crazy_Boy.jpg
Here, little Djodja Markovic doesn't look like he could be such a terror, does he?

The boy took a gang of friends to a shopping mall and blew the lot on clothes, toys, bicycles, sweets, computers and games.

His father Slobodan Markovic, a Serbian businessman, kept the money in a safe at home, only realised what had happened when his son and his friends came home with dozens of shopping bags.

He said: "I must have forgotten to lock the safe and he just saw the money and took it. I have asked the police to investigate because it is unbelievable that the shop owners let such a young boy do this."

A Belgrade police spokesman confirmed they are investigating Djodja Markovic's spending spree.
Endymion

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 10:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
None of my dogs has ever been worth a flip as watchdogs. They sleep like logs, snoring even, never thinking about my welfare. The few times there ha been a suggestion of a problem, they have looked to me to protect them..

Smile thanks for making me laugh this morning Edgar - i needed that
Hope the weather is treating you well
regards

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 09:45 am
@Endymion,
I might not be complaing about the dogs, except Punky is part pit bull. She would lick you to death. The nearest to ferocious she ever gets is if the meter reader comes by. Until he touches the gate. Then she runs inside and hides until he leaves.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 09:45 am
@Reyn,
reyn
I would give the lad a razor strop.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 11:45 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The nearest to ferocious she ever gets is if the meter reader comes by. Until he touches the gate.

Been there, done that.

edgarblythe wrote:

reyn
I would give the lad a razor strop.

Oh, that's "old school" these days. Parents give their kids a hug and say, "I hope the experience wasn't too traumatic for you, darling". Mad