djjd62

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 05:27 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Who is it that's leaving? There are some posters who aren't as active as they normally are, but only a few seem to have truly dropped out.

after TTH said she was leaving, chai had some fun posting numerous threads stating a number of folks were leaving, this is probably what he's talking about
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 05:32 pm
Doh! Of course. Come back, people. All is forgiven. Except dys, who I never did like.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 05:40 pm
http://www.auschwitz.dk/shane25.jpg

i want you to stay, and mother wants you to stay
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 05:42 pm
Mind your Mom, boy. I'm outta here.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 05:45 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 08:02 pm
djjd62 wrote:
a reyn sighting, how's life on the coast buddy

Hi! Yes, a 'Reyn sighting' indeed! Haven't posted for some time myself.

These days I'm fairly mellow. I've got to tackle some painting jobs, and other odds and ends in the next few weeks. My wife and I are contemplating a move from our townhouse into an apartment if we can find one to our liking. Possibly as early as next year. It will be within the same city.

Hope you are keeping well!

edgarblythe wrote:
Who is it that's leaving? There are some posters who aren't as active as they normally are, but only a few seem to have truly dropped out.
edgarblythe wrote:
By the way; hello, reyn. I look for your name almost every time I log in. I enjoy our little chats.

Oh, I just saw a few joke threads about folks leaving, and I wondered if there was any truth in it. Jokester Chai's been at it. Laughing

I always feel guilty if I haven't posted for a bit. I feel I'm letting folks down. I also enjoy chatting and hearing what's going on in your and other people's lives here.

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I used your "Anything" thread, although it's not being used.

I really do need a prompting from time to time. :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 08:16 pm
I guess I could start a thread and title it, Is Reyn Forsaking Us?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 10:24 pm
Do that, edgar. Make it drippy sweet and guilt-inducing, too.

I hate it when Reyn leaves.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 07:48 am
Still here.

[sticks tongue out]

It's a test, isn't it?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 08:14 pm
Howdy is back!

I can just hear everybody saying, it's about bloody time!!

Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 08:37 pm
It's about bloody howdy doody time

Along with Clarabelle, Chief Thunderthund, Princess springsummerwinterfall, fiddle-faddle, mr bluster, and all the rest. Plunk your magic twanger, froggie.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 07:58 am
Now, all that takes us back a long way, eh? seems like a million years ago.

How's your weather holding up? Here, I'm coping better now that it's cooled off for a while.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 08:06 am
It's not bad, for July. We have had a few recent showers, it's in the low 90s. Could be much hotter. The tropical storms are just now beginning to get busy. Never know where or when with them, but there are no threatening systems in view. All in all, I'm happy.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 12:32 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
It's not bad, for July. We have had a few recent showers, it's in the low 90s.

Low 90s? Yowza! Mad

Sorry, but I won't be visiting anytime soon. Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 12:38 pm
It should be mid to upper nineties. Lower is bearable.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 04:16 pm
Hey Edgar, starting next Monday I'm going back to work full time!

I'm going to be working for a "Five Dollar" store (like a dollar store, but more items) as a stock handler, putting stuff on shelves, with, possibly, a little bit of cashiering from time to time.

I'm looking forward to this, as I like the working conditions. I had my interview today. Nice people.

It's a brand new store they're opening up, so on Monday, I'll be helping assemble the shelving units, and associated duties.

My looking for a job again was accelerated by my oldest daughter buying an apartment. My wife and I are helping with some of the initial costs. I'm thinking though that if all works out well (I think it will be fine), I'll keep going to 65 anyways.

How goes it with you? When are you back to work again?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 04:33 pm
I went back to work on July 17th. This coincided with the new guy having a family emergency and going back to Oregon, perhaps for good. They are going to hire somebody else on that assumption. The man who took my job is a joy to work with. He is conscientious, and also looks after me when it gets rough out there.

Going home at noon is the best thing that has happened to me in this regard. I get rest and the company benefits in a way they are not even aware of: The morning is the time I have traditionally accomplished my most meaningful work. I always took more breaks and did a lot of goofing off after lunch anyway. Not from laziness, or trying to cheat the company, but, I lasted 16 years by pacing myself. I accomplish everything they set for me to do, but in a way that helps me hold together.

I still plan to make a trip to New Mexico in the months ahead. I told the owner I would do this and he agreed it was fine.

I would prefer to not work at all anymore, but, I can live with the present arrangement. I offered to take the pager from time to time, to relieve the other guy, but the boss said, "Absolutely not." She looks out for me, too.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 04:36 pm
It sounds as if the new job is right for you, reyn. I hope you enjoy it and do well with it.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 06:14 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
It sounds as if the new job is right for you, reyn. I hope you enjoy it and do well with it.

Yes, indeed! I really think it will work out okay. The store is only about a 5 minute drive from home, too. I'm looking forward to it.

The alternatives were not so pleasant. Since there was not a lot of suitable jobs out there for me, it would likely have been working in a restaurant, which I really didn't want.

As to your situation, it sounds like you've landed on your feet! Getting off at noon is perfect! You can have the rest of the day to sort out in your own time what's to be done at home.

I hope your trip to New Mexico will be a fun one. Will you be visiting the various A2k'ers there, too?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 07:52 pm
Will you be visiting the various A2k'ers there, too?

I know I plan to visit with dys and diane. I am pretty certain some of the others will be around, too.
0 Replies