Reyn

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:18 pm
Well Edgar, it's Wednesday night, and three days into my new job.

I've been busy helping to set up a new store, so this means putting in new shelving, and all many of related tasks. I tell you, today I'm totally knackered and very tired.

My wife kindly rubbed on some "Arctic Ice" on my back to relieve the discomfort.

The worst of the work is past now. The stocking of the store will be a breeze compared to what we've done so far.

Keeping my head up and hoping for the best.....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 04:58 am
Oh, well. Exercise keeps the heart pumping. It sounds like your new job will settle down and you will do well at it. I hope you continue to like it and do well there.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 06:39 pm
Edgar, take cover. Good luck from Eduard (sp?)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 08:06 pm
Odd thing about the storm, jl. Nobody is taking it seriously. We have plywood for the office windows, but the mgr did not get us to install it. Few have moved loose objects. What an amazing switch from the last hurricane they expected (Rita). When it was out there, the whole area paniced and filled up the freeways, creating a traffic jam that lasted for days. If Rita had actually made it here, it would have been a true disaster, in many ways. Well, tomorrow is target day. Hopefully my concern will be misplaced.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 08:23 pm
I just hope you won't suffer a power outage.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 08:27 pm
Power outage in my neighborhood is a double whammy. The water company pump is right next door. When the electric goes, so does the water.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 08:30 pm
Keeping my finger crossed for ya, Edgar.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 08:34 pm
I've got everything crossed. Truthfully, we are not in a lot of danger, this far from the initial landfall, but there is always a danger of tree limbs, lost power, and occasional tornadoes. Those things are the most unpredictable in my area, I think.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 09:36 am
farmerman wrote:
Now, whenever you post a story and claim it as fact, youve opened the doors of suspicion that make me believe that you, just like edgar, are a lying sack of ****.

Are your ears buzzing?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 10:04 am
I hear on the radio (around nine a.m.) that Eduard is now moving toward Austin.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 10:04 am
I hear on the radio (around nine a.m.) that Eduard is now moving toward Austin.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 11:38 am
In Tomball, it has been light rain and no wind. At my home, near Tomball, it has been heavy rain, but no wind. I just got home. Don't even know yet where the center's located.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 11:40 am
I might prevaricate a bit - lie? Never.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 05:29 pm
Some storm. We got much needed rain, but no wind, no tornadoes. All in all, it was a rather nice day.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 05:38 pm
GREAT!!!!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 05:42 pm
I had to really kick myself to get started, at work. I had anticipated staying home until it passed, and psychologically was unprepared.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 05:46 pm
I would have felt the same.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 11:38 am
Hot. Very hot out there.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 07:21 pm
Hey, hi there. How you coping with the job and the part time hours? Is it working out for you still?

I'm into 3 weeks with this job that I've got. It's been tough getting into the swing of things, but seem to be holding out so far. I'm hoping it will work out, too. We'll see.

The temps haven't been too bad the last week or so, but it's heating up again. Nothing like what you folks get, of course, but definitely hot enough for me. Sad

Keep on, keeping on, bud. :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 07:25 pm
Coming to work is not so bad. I have friends there, get exercise, make money, go home before it gets rough. 'S all right.
0 Replies