married to a marine in iraq... temptation is great!!! help!!

Bohne

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 04:19 am
Re: married to a marine in iraq... temptation is great!!! he
aeroz wrote:

I would never take a man seriously who had cheated on me, esp getting another girl pregnant.

Agreed, but neither would I marry him, and that's what bravelywounded did...

aeroz wrote:

And getting put in jail?

Nobody is perfect, I have friends who have been in jail.
It all depends, I guess!

aeroz wrote:

He will continue cheating on you; he has probably cheated while overseas several times.

That's just a guess, even though I have to admit that I would worry about it, too, with his history...

aeroz wrote:

If I were you, I would contact your husband, tell him you can't take your relationship with him seriously anymore, and that you are going to explore other options while he is away.

This to me would be unacceptable.
Marriage is a commitment, bravelywounded made this commitment, and the least her husband deserves is to hear her problems from her personally and be given the chance to speak his part!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 03:32 pm
I agree with Bohne.

"Dear John" letters are a traditional part of some soldiers' military service, but breaking up should be done face to face.
0 Replies

4565montrose

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 07:47 am
i agree. They are under enough stress as it is, and dumping the situation on him overseas is very unfair. While the relationship may have problems, you cant fix those problems while one part of the equation is over 5,ooo miles away. Please wait until he comes home to deal with your questions and issues. Theres a possiblity that finding out while in a war zone could lead to even more trauma, suicide on his part, or homicide towards other marines. Those guys get crazy, and thinking about their family is pretty much the only thing that gets them out of bed in the mornings. Please wait, for his sake, if you cant do anything else, just dont tell him in a letter/fax.
0 Replies

indubididly

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 05:59 pm
Sounds like "Black Snake Moan" situation.
0 Replies

4565montrose

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 12:08 pm
Sad life just sucks sometimes lol
0 Replies

mylittlemiraclebaby

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 07:48 am
Hey
I'm so sick of people saying 20 or whatever is too young to be married! What do they know..... You feel what you feel and there is not age fo love and if you are truly in love then nothing else matters! So whatever!!! That's such bull!! Good Luck and just follow your heart<3
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 09:45 am
Re: Hey
mylittlemiraclebaby wrote:
I'm so sick of people saying 20 or whatever is too young to be married! What do they know..... You feel what you feel and there is not age fo love and if you are truly in love then nothing else matters! So whatever!!! That's such bull!! Good Luck and just follow your heart<3

You must be twenty, because you have no idea what you are talking about.

To the author of this thread: chances are this new guy will let you down too. It may be better to leave your heart broken in one place instead of two.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 11:18 am
A hundred years ago, the world was a much less complicated place. Early marriages were common and many of these marriages were happy.

In the 21st century great change is common and the chances of two people changing at the same rate, in the same way, are small.

Further, support groups (such as family) aren't what they used to be before the automobile appeared.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 11:53 am
bravelywounded: Congrats for taking the courage to discuss this online. Be aware that on A2K there are some very mature and very caring helpful people here. With that being said, that will STILL not take the place of the help you can get from professional counseling.

PLEASE...seek out someone good that is local to you. You need some guidance and an ear (and a face) to discuss some of the twists and turns that your life has taken and will take in the next year. They should help you by holding up a mirror so that you'll see a clearer reflection of your actions (and others) so you can find a way through this quicksand.

Yes ..definitely a job and school will occupy your life and should make things a lot easier for you. Allow them to fill the space and time that is needed for you to benefit and change your life. It'll take concentration and commitment and time. You need to take charge and you can do it!

However, all that won't take the place of human companionship that you seek. You might try to avoid any romantic involvement until you work out your marital difficulties, too - a hard thing (not impossible) to do when you are lonely.

Always remember that when it comes to the heart, one romantic relationship at a time is best and FAR SIMPLER. I like to think that in your late-teens and 20s that, with matters of the heart, you're sort of driving on a Learner's Permit. In the case of your hubby, his should be revoked!
In my teens, I should've been given a few tickets, at least!

I wish there was a better way of helping you than these words. You're pretty young and inexperienced with marriage. There's no shame in that and it's not your fault. The key thing is to simplify matters as much as possible. As others have said, avoid pregnancy as this will be a tough complication and would be unfair to the child as well as you.

You're away from familiar surroundings. After reading your comments, I have a question - where are your parents? How are they helping you? Are they absent or disapproving? Sure wish they, or a family member, was/were there in some way.

Please let us know where you family is in this whole picture.

Good luck and keep us informed.
0 Replies

mylittlemiraclebaby

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 04:19 am
I'm soooo mad!
Whoever said I don't know what I'm talking about is absolutely crazy! and prob. has never been in love before! Don't worry you'll find someone in time! I have have been happily married for a couple years and couldn't be happier! I feel for people who believe there is an age or love. You are making love have limits! and love should have no limits! I have a wonderful husband who would give anything for me and as I would for him! So you really need to think about that!!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 04:35 am
I think "bravelywounded" is flying a kite.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 09:24 am
Re: I'm soooo mad!
mylittlemiraclebaby wrote:
Whoever said I don't know what I'm talking about is absolutely crazy! and prob. has never been in love before! Don't worry you'll find someone in time! I have have been happily married for a couple years and couldn't be happier! I feel for people who believe there is an age or love. You are making love have limits! and love should have no limits! I have a wonderful husband who would give anything for me and as I would for him! So you really need to think about that!!

The jury is still out on whether I am crazy or not. But I am in love--so that's good. And it's also good that you are happily married. Who would doubt your happiness, what with all your exclamation points?

You must have oceans of empathy to feel for people who believe there is an age for love. I am not one of those people. I just think 20 is an early age to get married, and that someone with more experience (I think, in many instances, you have to have your heart broken to learn some very important lessons) would not marry a dude who cheated on her. And then go smooching some other dude AFTER getting married.

Also, in general, I believe twenty-year-olds, at least those in industrialized nations, don't know nothin' about nothin'.
0 Replies

nose

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 10:51 am
bravelywounded,
i'll advice you take to what Mame and boomerang have posted hook , line and sinker.You cannot get it better.
dont remain idle go start something.Just keep yourself busy doing something honourable.
0 Replies

nose

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 11:04 am
Ragman wrote:
Quote:
You're away from familiar surroundings. After reading your comments, I have a question - where are your parents? How are they helping you? Are they absent or disapproving? Sure wish they, or a family member, was/were there in some way.

Please let us know where you family is in this whole picture.

I'm happy people like Ragman, are on board to chip in their ideas.
So bravelywounded, you have to also answer the above question on your family.
0 Replies

tazmaztim

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 05:07 am
i am a army husband,, temptation is at its finest,, i love my wife and do not wanna start anything serious just fun email me at [email protected] ... im 24 and currently in killeen tx
0 Replies