Children Born in US of Illegal Immigrants

Advocate

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 03:33 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
...and examples are always anecdotal. Any further points?

Not true!
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 03:38 pm
Advocate wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:

Not true!

... I am not sure what you mean by that... can you give an example?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 03:55 pm
It seems like, Advocate just came into this thread to provoke. Nothing
of substance or pertaining to this subject matter has been said by him.

dagmar, that's the problem here: the lobbyists don't want to have
them get guest worker status, as the pay scale for them would be monitored
in addition to paying benefits. Having them remain at an illegal immigration
status is far more lucrative.

On one hand they're exploited and on the other hand they have to allow
the "redneck" type Americans to treat them with the utmost (see I use utmost, Advocate) contempt. Pretty disgusting to have these poor people
remain in status quo.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 11:58 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Advocate wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:

Not true!

... I am not sure what you mean by that... can you give an example?

On another thread, I argued that police auto chases should be curtailed a great deal. I cited, as an example of supportive evidence, a study made by the state of Indiana. That is hardly anectdotal.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 03:21 pm
Yes, and in another thread you called illegal immigrants dregs.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 03:34 pm
CalamityJane wrote:

Are you implying that they are the cream of society in their countries of origin?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 03:42 pm
Advocate wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:

Are you implying that they are the cream of society in their countries of origin?

Did you ever look at the passenger lists of those ships from e.g. Europe, transporting legal immigrants?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 03:52 pm
Advocate wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:

months ago I classified you in the same ilk as cjhsa and mcgentrix; simple minded, irrational and bigoted: every post up have made since then has verified my original judgement.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 03:52 pm
Advocate wrote:

On another thread, I argued that police auto chases should be curtailed a great deal. I cited, as an example of supportive evidence, a study made by the state of Indiana. That is hardly anectdotal.

Synonyms: example, instance, case, illustration, sample, specimen

Not at all. Not that this is the place for semantics, but just for fun, since the thread slowed down anyway.

a) a study is not an example (you cited a study, which is different from referring to an example of a police auto chase. two different things)
b) an example of a study is also anecdotal - one among many studies... do you see that at all?

examples do not prove. they illustrate.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 04:24 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Advocate wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:

months ago I classified you in the same ilk as cjhsa and mcgentrix; simple minded, irrational and bigoted: every post up have made since then has verified my original judgement.

I could care less what you think. I noted that, typically, your post is all about name calling, providing no substance. But that is what morons do.

Dagmar, I don't see how a study can be an anecdote.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 04:27 pm
Advocate wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Advocate wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:

I could care less what you think. I noted that, typically, your post is all about name calling, providing no substance. But that is what morons do.

Dagmar, I don't see how a study can be an anecdote.
Just how much "could you care less?" do you have any concept of language/syntax? And you are calling me a moron?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 04:58 pm
With 300 M here, we should be very selective in whom we allow in. Virtually every other country is.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 05:28 pm
Advocate wrote:
With 300 M here, we should be very selective in whom we allow in. Virtually every other country is.

Our population density is quite low compared to other countries; we really could stand quite a bit of immigration.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 05:37 pm
I think we are too densely populated at 300 M. I don't want the USA to become India.

The drought in much of the USA would not be much of threat if there were not so many people drawing on our water resources. The Atlanta area, with about 4.5 M people, is down to about 80 days of water. And it is almost as bad in much of the Southeast.

There is gridlock in every city in the country. There is also a degraded environment almost everywhere, with air, water, and other pollution.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 05:40 pm
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4d/World_population_density_map.PNG/800px-World_population_density_map.PNG
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 05:46 pm
Advocate wrote:
I think we are too densely populated at 300 M. I don't want the USA to become India.

The drought in much of the USA would not be much of threat if there were not so many people drawing on our water resources. The Atlanta area, with about 4.5 M people, is down to about 80 days of water. And it is almost as bad in much of the Southeast.

There is gridlock in every city in the country. There is also a degraded environment almost everywhere, with air, water, and other pollution.

Well, we have huge tracts of land which aren't used. At all. This will change in the future as technology allows more and more places to become viable sites for life.

The other things you talk about - pollution, gridlock, water - these are also challenges to be overcome, not limits as you pose.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 09:39 am
Much of the USA is uninhabitable. And much is needed for watershed, timber and food growing, mining, etc. Wild animals are retreating to populated areas, species of plants and animals are disappearing, etc.

If this is what you like, so be it.
0 Replies