Uterus fibroid

Chai

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 02:29 pm
oh, yeah, hi.....

forgot about this.

yeah, no problems. like I said, I think the whole thing was an entire waste of time.

couple of things though that I think were pretty funny...

When the anestesiologist came in, I guess he has this standard line he uses with everyone that puts them at their ease or something.

He comes in and jokingly says, "Here I am with the margarita machine! This will make you feel like you had 3 margaritas"

Confused

I....do....not....drink.

Ever.

So, because not in my element, don't know how this whole thing is gonna go down, I pipe up and say...."I DON'T WANT ANY MARGARITAS!!!!"

So, he says "oh....it'll just make you feel dizzy, like you're on a merry go round."

"I DON'T WANT TO FEEL DIZZY!!!"

I'm sure he's thinking "oh christ"

So then I say...."I just want to go home"

To which he responds, "Well the faster I give you this stuff the faster you can go home."

Neutral

"ok"

that was the last thing I remember.

BUT....
the next day, and even now, my NOSE, the bridge of my nose, is sore. up until yesterday if I pressed on it, it was all spongey. I had someone look at it and she said "I don't think your nose was crooked like that"

So, I either fought someone over the margarita machine, or when they were hauling my dead weight around, someone smashed my nose against something.

When the nurse from the drs. office called, I asked her if the Dr. remembers me getting hit on the nose or something. At first, I could tell she was afraid to go there, like I'd sue. But I said "hey, no big deal, I'm sure people just get accidently bumped or something. Maybe Dr. B. decided to punch me in the nose.

The nurse said "Well honey, she was at the wrong end to do that."

Laughing
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 02:37 pm
That is funny - that is curious though...
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 03:12 pm
Chai,

It could have been that the oxygen mask was pinched on your nose a little too tight. That's the only thing I can think of that would cause your nose to be sore.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 04:28 pm
martybarker wrote:
Chai,

It could have been that the oxygen mask was pinched on your nose a little too tight. That's the only thing I can think of that would cause your nose to be sore.

No O2 mask
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 05:18 pm
Chai wrote:
martybarker wrote:
Chai,

No O2 mask

Are you sure? Even when you were sedated? Sedation causes the respiratory system to slow down, suplimental O2 keeps sedated pts properly oxygenated.

I'd be scratching my head too wondering what the deal was with the sore nose.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 07:15 pm
I dunno, but there's a dent in it the shape of a bedrail.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 07:17 pm
i would say O@ mask too

they have these thick metal foldy things that they squeeze over the bridge of your nose...

hurt like hell if they are pinched too hard
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 07:38 pm
maybe someone was trying to molest my nasal cavities.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 08:44 pm
yeah, that must've been it.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 09:01 pm
I'm more interested in long term results.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 09:26 pm
such as....?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 09:35 pm
Such as is there still a fibroid in there, apparently. At your age, again apparently, they tend to go down hill and disappear, which is in part why mds don't go after them.

I had one then that had me walking around without iron stores.

Keep paying attention.
0 Replies

MagicBlackCat

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 10:24 am
Agreed. Iron anemia was the thing which caused most of the problems for me. (a result of frequent heavy bleeding, caused by the fibroid) Extreme fatigue, dizzness, diffciulty concentrating and making decisions. I felt like a zombie...

I had to take iron supplements for a while but found that I was happier if I ate a ton of baby spinach salad and followed it up with orange juice. I had heard that we absorb more of the iron if coupled with vitamin C. I don't know how true this is but for me it seemed to help more than the iron supplements which made me kind of ill.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 05:10 pm
sorry to disappoint, but I'm totally healthy.

My hemoglobin is 13.1 and normal is 11.5 to 15.5
My hematocrit is 40.9 and normal is 34 to 45

There was never....anything....wrong....with me in the first place.

The d&c was just an excuse to bill the insurance company so they could get a biopsy while they were up there.

I'd rather pay the copay and get knocked out than have them take a biopsy that hurts like a bitch.

I got the biopsy because the gynocologist has to cover her ass when someone is referred to her.

I was referred to her because my regular doctor wanted to check on the outside chance something was wrong since I had 3 periods when I hadn't had one in 15 months.

From the get go it was no more than a ruling out of something that was very unlikely in the first place.

There's nothing to "watch"
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 05:16 pm
I'm confused. There is a fibroid or there isn't?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 05:20 pm
God.

yes there was and IS a fibroid in me.

It was not taken out.

Having a fibroid does not automatically mean there's anything wrong.

Millions of women have them and never even know it.

If I hadn't mentioned to my doctor I menstruated for 3 months after not doing so for 15 months, I would have lived the rest of my life, until at least 100, with a fibroid inside me I'd never have known about.

Now that I do know, it's only right to give it a name.

I'm gonna call it Sassy.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 05:24 pm
HA!

First website I looked on said this....

Fibroids are small, noncancerous growths that appear in the vast majority of female uteri. Most American women will die at a ripe old age without ever experiencing problems from their fibroids, or even knowing they had them.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 07:12 pm
Okaaaaay....but does this mean you can look forward to more mixed up menstrual cycles? No periods for 15 months, then one that lasted for 3 friggin' months?! Was it the fibroid that caused that?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 07:30 pm
most likely not.

probably just caused by me not being totally through menopause.

doesn't bother me. never had a hot flash, any of that. just stopped bleeding.

when the procedure was done, it was just when I should have had a 4th period, if there was going to be one.

There was nothing to scrape out of my uterus, it was empty, just as the sonogram that was done a week or so before showed.

maybe I'll never get another period, maybe I will.....whatever.

more of just a minor annoyance than anything.

The fibroid has probably been sitting there for years, and hasn't got anything to do with anything. It within the uterine wall, not inside or outside of it. If it had been one or the other, she'd of cut it out.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

It's just a piece of thickened muscle tissue.
0 Replies