Making mountains outta molehills

Chumly

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 03:21 pm
Whatever happens don't let anyone pester you into becoming one of them "inconsequential detail types".
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 04:09 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I have always found that eliminating thinking entirely and just drifting through life in an unaware, almost comatose state, lessens stress and causes people around you to speak in hushed tones.

Actually that does work very well, and shouldn't be immediately discounted as a short term solution to get you over a bad hump.

Disengaging for a little while might keep you from completely cracking up.

Let's start with saying...."f*ck it"

come on linkat, just say "f*ck it"

That stuff will be there when you're ready, and won't get any worse if you leave it for a while.

F*ck....It....
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 04:12 pm
f*ck it!

Ahhh, thanks I feel better already.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 04:26 pm
reminds me of one time some 40 years ago when there was a family gathering at our home (my parents) and my father came out of the bathroom yelling at the top of his lungs; "someone squeezed the toothpaste from the top instead of the bottom SOMEONE SQUEEZED THE TOOTHPASTE FROM THE TOP INSTEAD OF THE BOTTOM"
He had a bad day for several weeks over a toothpaste tube.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 04:29 pm
dyslexia wrote:
reminds me of one time some 40 years ago when there was a family gathering at our home (my parents) and my father came out of the bathroom yelling at the top of his lungs; "someone squeezed the toothpaste from the top instead of the bottom SOMEONE SQUEEZED THE TOOTHPASTE FROM THE TOP INSTEAD OF THE BOTTOM"

I'd probably laugh my a$$ off if I heard that and get myself kicked in the butt as a result.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 05:12 pm
Linkat wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

I'd probably laugh my a$$ off if I heard that and get myself kicked in the butt as a result.
MY cousin Connie (the guilty party) when out and bought 12 tubes of toothpaste and left them on the bathroom counter. Nothing was ever said again.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 05:22 pm
Part of my motivation in growing up was to make my own toothpaste rules.

Kidding, it wasn't toothpaste that was the trigger, but you know what I mean.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 08:45 am
I was raised--and so were my kids--with the refrain, "When you are all grown-up and have your own house, then...."
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 12:02 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Linkat wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

MY cousin Connie (the guilty party) when out and bought 12 tubes of toothpaste and left them on the bathroom counter. Nothing was ever said again.

I love Connie!
0 Replies

jake123

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 02:31 pm
f*ckit!
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 08:09 am
This thread has helped a lot.

First order of business I thought was an apology. gulp. Done.

Apologies are another one of those things I've had to relearn. Laughing
0 Replies