Saved a Relapsing Acoholic's Life this AM (12th step call)

Sglass

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 06:01 am
I met Roxxxanne at the San Francisco a2k meet and she is cool. I would love to hear her story someday, she is so funny (in a silly ass way).
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 09:25 am
If anyone deserves credit it is my sponsor, who herself was dignosed with cirrhosis and given two weeks to live nine years ago.

She is the one who said that I, indeed, saved someone's life Friday night. I do deserve some credit just being there for Jeff. For some reason, I seem to have a profound effect on people, negative and positive. Jeff looked at me as a very positive influence on his life while we were in early recovery.

There is an awful lot more to this story then I had time to post the other day, especially while suffering form sleep deprivation....

I gotta go...more to say later
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 10:27 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
For some reason, I seem to have a profound effect on people, negative and positive.

I like this about you, Roxxx... you walk your own walk ... I like people who are honest about who and what they are and who make no apologies for it.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 10:29 am
Chai wrote:
It does no good to tell someone they are "wrong" about how they feel. In essence, you are just telling them how You feel, and that your feelings are correct, and theirs are wrong.

Truer words were never spoken, Chai.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 10:54 am
Agreeing with Sglass, Chai, Mame and Walter!

Good for you Rox! You go girl! :-D
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 02:05 pm
Jeff has not returned my phone message and I am a little concerned over that but I can only do what I can do.

I am very proud about being able to do what I did and I am very grateful that I was able to be there (sober) for Jeff. I can't control that some question what my motives were for posting the story. I have no control over people, places and things.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 02:17 pm
Well, don't let your shi**y committee do your thinking. Jeff will surface when it's time for Jeff to surface.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 02:22 pm
I'm noticing that Roxxx is accepting criticism--or ignoring criticism--with grace. She hasn't started swinging on other members.

I'm awarding her some points here--bad habits are hard to break.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 02:37 pm
I concur.....it has been noticied.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 04:06 pm
Sglass wrote:
Well, don't let your shi**y committee do your thinking. Jeff will surface when it's time for Jeff to surface.

I know, I know...don't wan't to get "co-ey." Laughing
0 Replies