What if they all went home?

Mame

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 01:21 pm
I'm not going to 'think about it for a minute and get back to [you]'... you made a statement and I'm asking for clarification. There is no way I could navigate the maze of your mind in order to try and discern what you meant.

If you don't want to clarify, just say so.

And you don't need to be rude.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 01:33 pm
I wasn't being rude you're just not thinking. I said that only those with a vested interest would want illegal aliens inside the USA. That would be employers to use them for cheap labor, politicians that want to somehow allow them to vote, those that want to destroy the culture of the USA in any way possible.... subversive stuff. Not good.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 01:38 pm
"... those that want to destroy the culture of the USA in any way possible.... subversive stuff."

So, any individual American who feels differently about this than you do is subversive and wants to destroy the American culture?

I think that is deluded thinking, cjhsa.

You don't think they just might think differently than you, and not in a subversive way? Perhaps they're compassionate.

Are you one of those who believes "if you aren't with me, you're agin me"?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 01:50 pm
Mame wrote:
Are you one of those who believes "if you aren't with me, you're agin me"?

You're new here, aren't you?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 01:55 pm
Mame wrote:
You don't think they just might think differently than you, and not in a subversive way? Perhaps they're compassionate.

They can take their compassion back over to the other side of the border. I-L-L-E-G-A-L.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 02:02 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Mame wrote:

They can take their compassion back over to the other side of the border. I-L-L-E-G-A-L.

Laws are changeable, but morality is a higher thing.

Tell ya what. If we were to outlaw guns you own, that would make you an ILLEGAL. Do you think that the change of laws would make you a bad person for not following them?

No?

Why is it that when you break the law, it's a good thing, but when others do, it's a bad thing?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 02:06 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Tell ya what. If we were to outlaw guns you own, that would make you an ILLEGAL. Do you think that the change of laws would make you a bad person for not following them?

No?

Why is it that when you break the law, it's a good thing, but when others do, it's a bad thing?

Cycloptichorn

At least I bought the guns legally in the first place. I didn't just walk into the gun shop and steal them when the owners weren't looking.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 02:12 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

No?

Cycloptichorn

At least I bought the guns legally in the first place. I didn't just walk into the gun shop and steal them when the owners weren't looking.

Immaterial and a dodge of the question. Man up and answer why it is sometimes okay to be in violation of the law, and sometimes not.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 02:14 pm
No. Why should I? So you can say we need to change the laws to allow illegals free entry? Eat me.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 02:16 pm
cjhsa wrote:
No. Why should I? So you can say we need to change the laws to allow illegals free entry? Eat me.

Well, I won't eat you - gamy and bitter would not be an appetizing meal.

And, I don't think that we should change the laws either. In fact, I'm in favor of closing the border.

What I'm not in favor of is your attitude which demonizes people and declares them to have bad intentions b/c they aren't following the law. It is clear that there are instances in which you wouldn't follow the law based upon your beliefs. Why is it that you are morally correct, but others are seeking to 'ruin America' and 'destroy the American way of life?' You have not addressed this.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 02:19 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
cjhsa wrote:

Well, I won't eat you - gamy and bitter would not be an appetizing meal.

And, I don't think that we should change the laws either. In fact, I'm in favor of closing the border.

What I'm not in favor of is your attitude which demonizes people and declares them to have bad intentions b/c they aren't following the law. It is clear that there are instances in which you wouldn't follow the law based upon your beliefs. Why is it that you are morally correct, but others are seeking to 'ruin America' and 'destroy the American way of life?' You have not addressed this.

Cycloptichorn

Bullshit. I've committed no crime. They have - in fact a very, very serious crime. But you don't care and wish instead to put their crime back on me and call me racist or xenophobic or whatever your granola box word of the day is. Again - eat me. I'm out of here.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 02:36 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I'm out of here.

Don't let the door bang.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 02:38 pm
cjhsa wrote:

Bullshit. I've committed no crime. They have - in fact a very, very serious crime. But you don't care and wish instead to put their crime back on me and call me racist or xenophobic or whatever your granola box word of the day is. Again - eat me. I'm out of here.

You haven't added much that is rational here anyway so you might as well leave.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 05:05 pm
dyslexia wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
I did not write those numbers, nor did I research them.
I found the article interesting is why I posted it.
Nothing more.

I read this article that said that 97% of all that oppose illegal immigration are members of the KKK, I did not write those numbers, nor did I research them. I found the article interesting is why I posted it.

It might have been an interesting article with a unique point of view.
I would like to read it.

Because unlike some of you, I will read things that I dont agree with, just for a different perspective.

So, please send that article to me.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 05:06 pm
mysteryman wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Nothing more.

I read this article that said that 97% of all that oppose illegal immigration are members of the KKK, I did not write those numbers, nor did I research them. I found the article interesting is why I posted it.

I would like to read it.

Because unlike some of you, I will read things that I dont agree with, just for a different perspective.

Dude - there of course is no article. He was merely pointing out that posting an article, and then pretending that you aren't endorsing what it says, is a bullsh*t excuse.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 05:11 pm
parados wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
contrex wrote:
Seems like the oh-so-brave loudmouth OP has chickened out now his copied figures are being shown up as pure fiction.

Sorry to dissapoint you, but I'm still here.
Unlike you, I have a job and am not on here all day.
Its apparent that you dont have a job, or if you do you dont do it.

Nothing more.

I am curious why you found it interesting?

Was it because it had made up numbers?

Or was it because the made up numbers supported your preconceived ideas? Which would explain your failure to check any of the numbers I guess.

Actually, the numbers quoted in the link really didnt matter to me.
It was the whole premise of the question that interested me.
As far as I know,nobody has ever done a nationwide study to see what would happen to the economy, justice system, school system, healthcare system and the rest of the infrastructure if every ILLEGAL alien, and I stress ILLEGAL, were to leave the country.

That is what interested me about tha article.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 05:12 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Nothing more.

I would like to read it.

Dude - there of course is no article. He was merely pointing out that posting an article, and then pretending that you aren't endorsing what it says, is a bullsh*t excuse.

Cycloptichorn

You mean he was lying and making up facts? Shocked
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 05:13 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Nothing more.

I would like to read it.

Cycloptichorn

You mean he was lying and making up facts? Shocked

Who, Dys? Yes, he was.

Shocking I know

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 05:13 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Nothing more.

I would like to read it.

Cycloptichorn

Actually, there are times when something is posted to spark discussion, nothing more.
You apparently have never learned that it is possible to find something interesting without agreeing with it.
You should learn that.

BTW, how do you know there is no article that he alluded to?
Or are you saying that since you havent seen it or read it that it doesnt exist?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 05:17 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Nothing more.

I would like to read it.

Cycloptichorn

Actually, there are times when something is posted to spark discussion, nothing more.
You apparently have never learned that it is possible to find something interesting without agreeing with it.
You should learn that.

BTW, how do you know there is no article that he alluded to?
Or are you saying that since you havent seen it or read it that it doesnt exist?

Let's use some critical thinking here:

Quote:

It's a ridiculous premise to begin with; Dys then lampoons your lack of researching the article. It's plainly obvious what is going on, yet you didn't catch it; funny.

Articles which aren't really grounded in any sort of reality don't spark discussion.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies