Symptoms after intercourse. Is it because of intercourse??

aeroz

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 01:09 am
dann wrote:
well there is some progress.

updates: no more pain at all. but still urinating is a problem. she HAS to go to the toilet at an everage of 8 times a day (which is a lot) ... and she tells me that she HAS to have a toilet next to her wherever she goes just in case. no more pain (which is good) ... but she still goes to the toilet a lot. its gradually decreasing but its still a lot. does this apply to UTI if there's no pain anymore? will she eventually go to the toilet normally?

8 times is average. I go quite a bit more than average: about 10-15 times per day. And I have no pain issues. I wonder...is that a bad thing?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 02:52 am
What goes in must come out. If you drink a lot during the day, 10-12 times would be normal.
0 Replies

dann

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 05:43 am
sozobe wrote:

Is there some huge reason she can't go to the doctor? Lack of health insurance? Fear that someone will blab that she's sexually active?
quote]

You got that right sozobe. This is it: Fear that someone will blab that she's sexually active. That's what's keeping her from going there
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 05:59 am
If she's underage Dann you better not tell us.

My view would be that if she is afraid to go to the doctor for any reason she is too immature for intercourse.

I do so hope you are protecting yourselves from the ramifications of your activity. sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy have huge consequences.
0 Replies

dann

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 06:50 am
no she is totally legal dont worry she's 20. but her parents are very conservative. if they know thru the doctor that she had sexual activity, she's in biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig trouble (and so am i!) ... now she's still going often to the toilet (around 6 times a day) and she does need to see the doctor. question is: is the doctor going to discover she isnt a virgin by a simple check up? or does this need a gynacologist?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 07:22 am
I am assuming you are in the USA.

Quote:
Doctor-Patient Privilege

Once a bona-fide doctor-patient relationship is established, the duty of confidentiality"attaches," and in many states, the doctor can invoke a legal privilege, on the patient's behalf, when asked to disclose or divulge information the doctor may have or know about the patient.

http://www.enotes.com/everyday-law-encyclopedia/doctor-patient-confidentiality

If the doctor or any of his staff were to tell ANYONE it would cost him his career. He CANNOT disclose the nature of a consultation for any reason to any person. As I understand it A doctor or his staff cannot be forced to testisfy in court about information under doctor - patient privilege.

It is impossible to tell if a woman has had intercourse from a physical exam.
The hymen which is what most people are concerned about can be broken by activities such as riding a bicycle, horseriding, gymnastics, or any of many physical activities.

Evidence of sexual activity can only be determined by sampling for sperm traces. This would not be necessary in her case. Even if swabs were taken to test for a urinary tract infection no tests for sperm would be ordered.
However your girlfriend should disclose sexual activity to her doctor. He needs to know all the facts to make an accurate diagnosis.

She should also disclose the fact that she is very concerned that someone may tell her parents that she had been to see the doctor and request that staff be particular about privacy.

If you GF feels the need she can tell anyone who needs to know such as nursing or reception staff she has an earache and wants to have her ears examined. In most cases reception and nursing staff will not need to know of her reason for visiting the doctor.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 07:23 am
Her doctor should know that she's sexually active because it's an important piece of information for him/ her. Her doctor also should keep that information confidential.

You can look up confidentiality rules to be sure of this.

It's dangerous for her health to refuse to go to a doctor over anything that might be linked to sexual activity, though.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 07:25 am
Ah, dadpad said the same thing but faster and more thoroughly.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 07:38 am
sozobe wrote:

It's dangerous for her health to refuse to go to a doctor over anything that might be linked to sexual activity, though.

Soz included the most important piece of information.

The symptoms you say your GF exhibits may affect her ability to have children later in life if left untreated.

Your GF should also ask your doctor for a pap smear (which checks for evidence of abnormal cervical cells, an indicator of cancer) and request she be shown how and how often to check for breast cancer.

Nuns DO NOT get cervical cancer..... EVER.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 07:44 am
dann wrote:
nnow she's still going often to the toilet (around 6 times a day) and she does need to see the doctor.

Is your reputation more important than your girlfriend's long-term health?

She must go to the doctor.

If the two of you were/are not prepared to face any possible repercussions of your actions, you're going to have to have a couple of serious discussions about why you're having sex at this time.

She must go to the doctor. She should have gone to the doctor some time ago.

She must go to the doctor.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 08:30 am
I'm another firm vote for a visit to the OB/GYN.

Pity that our society is so focused on the Glories of Intercourse that little publicity is given to the Responsibilities of Intercourse.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 08:42 am
I just find it difficut to believe that at 20 this young woman is under so much pressure.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 10:22 am
In the US, 18 is the legal age as an adult. So at 20, she does not need her parents permission to have any medical procedure. This includes peeing into a cup to determine whether or not she has a bladder infection.

As Dadpad and Sozbe said, pelvic inflamitory disease is not something that should be risked as it can lead to infertility. As long as a woman is sexually active, she should be seeing a GYN.
0 Replies

dann

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 01:36 pm
well for all those who are wondering, my gf and I are from the MIDDLE EAST.

we live in a conservative society and her parents are very very strict. to them, having sex before marriage is a BIG no no. it is unforgivable and she will be hugely punished if that was found out.

not to mention that confidentiality with doctors is not trusted. her parents are so strict she can only go to the doctor with THEM. and not without them. here's the complexity of the issue.

yesterday she went to the toilet only 2 times and the day before 3 times. today its a little bit increasing, so in other words its not consistent. somedays its a lot other days its normal. but since one of u guys told me that the doctor wont be able to find out if she's a virgin or not though the physical examination then this is a good relief and would give her more confidence to go to the doctor. thats what we'll be doing early next week unless things become consistently normal.

i hope u understand the situation now concerning the doctor visit / parents
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 02:39 pm
If she can't see a doctor, she might try to increase the acidity of her urine with cranberry juice, if that's available where you are. If not, try vitamin C (ascorbic acid) tablets. If that doesn't releave her symptoms or if she is in pain, I hope she can seek out a doctor that will honor her privacy.

BTW, the frequency of urination does not square with my experiences with urinary tract infections.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 08:44 pm
The frequency alone does not make me lean towards infection. If she has a UTI(urinary tract infection) then she will experience a burning sensation while urinating and feel the urge quite frequently. She should also watch for fever or a little blood in the urine if it became more severe rather than better.

I agree on the cranberry juice too.
0 Replies