Symptoms after intercourse. Is it because of intercourse??

dann

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 07:01 pm
hello all

my girlfriend and i had intercourse a few times last week, and this week she's been feeling a bit of pain in the area between her stomach and her vagina, and she's been going to the toilet too much (around 11 times a day) .. she says the pain is big and its mainly in the organ that controls the urinating. she needs a toilet almost wherever she goes.

is this as a result of the intercourse? i mean we used the condoms all the time and we were careful...so why is she having those symptoms now? i know this would need a doctor at best, but at least from those who may be experienced or know something about this please give me ur thoughts.

thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,174 • Replies: 35
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 07:13 pm
Yes, see a doctor.

It sounds like it could be (COULD BE) a urinary tract infection. That can occur after intercourse, especially with a new partner.

Here's some more info:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/urinary-tract-infection/DS00286

But, she should see a doctor.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 04:37 am
Could also be (or in addition to a UTI) a yeast infection. I second the idea of going to see a doctor, as there are some not so nice things it could be that she should not hesitate to have treated. While there are OTC products that treat yeast infections, she should still see a doctor if she is unsure or if this is the first time she's had one, so it can be confirmed, before trying to self-medicate.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 05:08 am
we keep Mr Wiggly clean? yes?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 07:06 am
Honeymoon bladder. See a doctor.

Also, she should wear panties with a cotton crotch, drink a great deal of water and avoid spices and alcohol until the problem is cleared up.

Cotton crotch panties all the time is a good idea.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 07:36 am
Noddy wrote:
Cotton crotch panties all the time is a good idea.

Would you mind terribly, Noddy, if I were to use that for my new sig line?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 09:34 am
Hey Gus, your present sig line, that's Poe, right, right?

I can't remember which tale.

Um, and as for the subject at hand, um, er, abstinence is the best...nevermind.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 07:33 pm
Francis Bacon is responsible for that quote, Gargamel, but he did look a little bit like Poe.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 07:36 pm
And if nothing else, the guy knew how to dress...

http://www.authorama.com/files/authors/francis-bacon.gif

Here's where the quote came from, if you're interested...

Of Beauty

VIRTUE is like a rich stone, best plain set; and surely virtue is best, in a body that is comely, though not of delicate features; and that hath rather dignity of presence, than beauty of aspect. Neither is it almost seen, that very beautiful persons are otherwise of great virtue; as if nature were rather busy, not to err, than in labor to produce excellency. And therefore they prove accomplished, but not of great spirit; and study rather behavior, than virtue. But this holds not always: for Augustus Caesar, Titus Vespasianus, Philip le Belle of France, Edward the Fourth of England, Alcibiades of Athens, Ismael the Sophy of Persia, were all high and great spirits; and yet the most beautiful men of their times. In beauty, that of favor, is more than that of color; and that of decent and gracious motion, more than that of favor. That is the best part of beauty, which a picture cannot express; no, nor the first sight of the life. There is no excellent beauty, that hath not some strangeness in the proportion. A man cannot tell whether Apelles, or Albert Durer, were the more trifler; whereof the one, would make a personage by geometrical proportions; the other, by taking the best parts out of divers faces, to make one excellent. Such personages, I think, would please nobody, but the painter that made them. Not but I think a painter may make a better face than ever was; but he must do it by a kind of felicity (as a musician that maketh an excellent air in music), and not by rule. A man shall see faces, that if you examine them part by part, you shall find never a good; and yet altogether do well. If it be true that the principal part of beauty is in decent motion, certainly it is no marvel, though persons in years seem many times more amiable; pulchrorum autumnus pulcher; for no youth can be comely but by pardon, and considering the youth, as to make up the comeliness. Beauty is as summer fruits,) which are easy to corrupt, and cannot last; and for the most part it makes a dissolute youth, and an age a little out of countenance; but yet certainly again, if it light well, it maketh virtue shine, and vices blush.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 08:12 pm
So be it.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 09:01 pm
If it is a UTI, it should be treated with antibiotics before it travels up to her kidneys. She should see a doctor.

Does she experience the pain with urination and does she have a fever?
0 Replies

dann

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 05:08 am
well there is some progress.

updates: no more pain at all. but still urinating is a problem. she HAS to go to the toilet at an everage of 8 times a day (which is a lot) ... and she tells me that she HAS to have a toilet next to her wherever she goes just in case. no more pain (which is good) ... but she still goes to the toilet a lot. its gradually decreasing but its still a lot. does this apply to UTI if there's no pain anymore? will she eventually go to the toilet normally?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 05:54 am
She needs to be seen by a doctor. It would be irresponsible for anyone here to say otherwise.

This isn't something for her to ignore and hope it will go away. You can keep asking until you hear the answer you want to hear, but the responsible thing to do is get your girl friend to the doctor and get your answer from a medical professional rather than an internet message board.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/urinary-tract-infection/DS00286

Quote:
Complications
When treated promptly and properly, UTIs rarely lead to complications. But left untreated, a urinary tract infection can become something more serious than a set of uncomfortable symptoms.

Untreated UTIs can lead to acute or chronic kidney infections (pyelonephritis), which could permanently damage your kidneys. Young children and older adults are at the greatest risk of kidney damage due to UTIs because their symptoms are often overlooked or mistaken for other conditions.

Quote:
Treatment
If your symptoms are typical of a UTI and you're generally in good health, antibiotics are the first line of treatment. Which drugs are prescribed and for how long depends on your health condition and the type of bacteria found in your urine. Drugs most commonly recommended for simple UTIs include amoxicillin (Amoxil, Trimox), nitrofurantoin (Furadantin, Macrodantin), trimethoprim (Proloprim) and the antibiotic combination of trimethoprim and sulfamethoxazole (Bactrim, Septra). Make sure your doctor is aware of any other medications you're taking or any allergies you have. This will help him or her select the best treatment.

Usually, UTI symptoms clear up within a few days of treatment. But you may need to continue antibiotics for a week or more. Take the entire course of antibiotics recommended by your doctor to ensure that the infection is completely eradicated. For an uncomplicated UTI that occurs when you're otherwise healthy, your doctor may recommend a shorter course of treatment, such as taking an antibiotic for three days. But whether this short course of treatment is adequate to treat your UTI depends on your particular symptoms and medical history.

0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 12:23 pm
I'm with Butrflynet.

She probably has a urinary tract infection which needs to be treated

See a doctor--or at least be aware that you're gambling with the health of her kidneys.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 12:31 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
And if nothing else, the guy knew how to dress...

http://www.authorama.com/files/authors/francis-bacon.gif

Here's where the quote came from, if you're interested...

Of Beauty

VIRTUE is like a rich stone, best plain set; and surely virtue is best, in a body that is comely, though not of delicate features; and that hath rather dignity of presence, than beauty of aspect. Neither is it almost seen, that very beautiful persons are otherwise of great virtue; as if nature were rather busy, not to err, than in labor to produce excellency. And therefore they prove accomplished, but not of great spirit; and study rather behavior, than virtue. But this holds not always: for Augustus Caesar, Titus Vespasianus, Philip le Belle of France, Edward the Fourth of England, Alcibiades of Athens, Ismael the Sophy of Persia, were all high and great spirits; and yet the most beautiful men of their times. In beauty, that of favor, is more than that of color; and that of decent and gracious motion, more than that of favor. That is the best part of beauty, which a picture cannot express; no, nor the first sight of the life. There is no excellent beauty, that hath not some strangeness in the proportion. A man cannot tell whether Apelles, or Albert Durer, were the more trifler; whereof the one, would make a personage by geometrical proportions; the other, by taking the best parts out of divers faces, to make one excellent. Such personages, I think, would please nobody, but the painter that made them. Not but I think a painter may make a better face than ever was; but he must do it by a kind of felicity (as a musician that maketh an excellent air in music), and not by rule. A man shall see faces, that if you examine them part by part, you shall find never a good; and yet altogether do well. If it be true that the principal part of beauty is in decent motion, certainly it is no marvel, though persons in years seem many times more amiable; pulchrorum autumnus pulcher; for no youth can be comely but by pardon, and considering the youth, as to make up the comeliness. Beauty is as summer fruits,) which are easy to corrupt, and cannot last; and for the most part it makes a dissolute youth, and an age a little out of countenance; but yet certainly again, if it light well, it maketh virtue shine, and vices blush.
? couldnt find anything here about cotton crotch knickers.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 09:02 pm
It could be something other than a urinary tract infection. Regardless, her symptoms are not typical and should be addressed by a physician. What about a walk-in clinic?
Does your girlfriend feel the need to drink a lot?
0 Replies

dann

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 08:20 am
well the times she goes to the toilet per day are now gradually decreasing. from 11 times 4 days ago to only 4 times yesterday. she has been asked to drink a lot of water by the pharmacist who gave her some pills and this is what she's doing. she doesnt feel the NEED to drink a lot, but she's drinking more than normal since she was told to do so. but now things are gradually improving, and with 4 times to the toilet per day i think it isnt serious anymore to go to the doctor is it? i think we all go an average of 3 times a day...lets hope it stays that way..or else...she's gonna hit the doctor a visit
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 10:49 am
No or else. Go to the doctor.

Is there some huge reason she can't go to the doctor? Lack of health insurance? Fear that someone will blab that she's sexually active?

Hopefully things are fine, but things were not-fine for a while there and she should be seen by a doctor to make sure she's OK.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 05:26 pm
Seconding that. A pharmacist is no substitute for a doctor.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 06:44 pm
dann are you in Europa?
0 Replies