Anyone for cricket...?

Wilso

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 12:33 pm
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

Things not looking pretty for the Aussies after the 2nd day. Englang 2/317 with Pietersen on 85 no and Cook 136no. We need an early break through or we'll be chasing a mighty total.

Poms haven't gotten any better. Aussies have just slid so far backwards. As I've said before, I don't really follow the game. But hasn't ANYONE seen this coming? Have the selectors just stuck their heads in the sand and relied on the old Aussie fall-back that "she'll be right"?
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 09:35 pm
Dogs balls. We suck them.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 09:59 pm
Can Australia bat for 2+ days and save this one? Or at least long enough to get a lead that the Poms don't have time to chase down. Get the feeling that even if they do force a draw, it will feel like a loss - like the first test.
hingehead

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 10:17 pm
@Wilso,
Well there's always rain....
Dutchy

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 11:23 pm
@hingehead,
Raining presently in Adelaide, good for my garden, not good for the pitch. Laughing
Wilso

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 11:26 pm
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

Raining presently in Adelaide, good for my garden, not good for the pitch. Laughing

Yep. Probably perfect for a Pom declaration, and make it hard for the Aussies to bat. As if they need any more obstacles!
hingehead

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 12:43 am
@Wilso,
Nine are showing replays of the Adelaide test the aussies won ridiculously courtesy of Warne a few years back to regain the ashes- some sort of motivational ploy?
hingehead

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 12:44 am
@Wilso,
Ah well - if it goes for a couple of days maybe we're in with a chance of a face losing draw.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 02:00 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Nine are showing replays of the Adelaide test the aussies won ridiculously courtesy of Warne a few years back to regain the ashes- some sort of motivational ploy?

Yeah I saw that. How times have changed!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 11:52 pm
Another rain delay. It could save the Aussies yet.
Dutchy

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 02:31 am
@Wilso,
Lots of rain forecast for South Australia upto 100mm's in some places and 30mm's for Adelaide............
Wilso

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 04:10 am
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

Lots of rain forecast for South Australia upto 100mm's in some places and 30mm's for Adelaide............

Funny that the first test draw felt like a loss. But this one has the feeling now, that if they can force a draw, it will feel like a win. Funny game cricket!
margo

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 07:38 pm
@Wilso,
No rain! Beaten by an innings and 71 runs. Yikes.

What are we paying those chaps for, anyway. Most of them ore not useful or decorative!
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 07:41 pm
@Wilso,
Well, well, the Aussies all out for 304 before lunch on the final day, thrashed by an innings and 71 runs. Looks like the Ashes will be an early Christmas present for the English fans after the Perth Test. Smile
hingehead

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 07:46 pm
@Dutchy,
Well done poms. Who's the top Sheffield Shield site at the moment? Maybe we should send them in?
margo

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 07:51 pm
@hingehead,
It's our mob, I think!

Go, Blues

Good idea
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 07:52 pm
The question I've got regarding the team selection now, is what would be the point of choosing the same team again? They've already failed twice, and quite miserably. Is there any reason to think that this side could suddenly turn it all around? In 2 tests, they've taken 16 wickets. In this match, they couldn't get the runs in two innings that England could get in one. This series is gone. We haven't got a side that can win 2 of the last 3 matches. Let's pick a side with a view to the Ashes in 4 years. Put a broom through the team. Exactly what have they got to lose?
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 04:11 pm
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2011/0303/1224291213994.html

Any Aussies care to join me in a giggle?
hingehead

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 04:29 pm
@lmur,
Given Australia flogged England 6-1 just prior to the WC, and India could only manage a draw with them I'm predicting and Australia V Ireland Final!

When is Ireland going to become a test playing nation? Aus v Ire would have to be one of the most feel good crowds ever.
margo

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 07:43 pm
@hingehead,
I'd drink to that!