Campaign commercials: the good, the bad and the ugly

Green Witch

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 02:24 pm
@MASSAGAT,
So I take it you like the tits of the Nanny Corporation, Massagat. What would Americans do without some corporation telling them how much medical care they can have, dictating their retirement plans, deciding if they can take a sick day or not, and determining how much crap they will have to live with in their environment. Yeah, plenty of freedom in US, if you happen to be a CEO. Get back to work Massagat or I'll tell your manager and you might find yourself without an ass to kiss.
MASSAGAT

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 02:27 pm
@Green Witch,
Oh, dear Green Witch..I have no nanny corporation to go to. I am an independent entrepreneur who must purchase his own health insurance, take his own sick days, decide just how much "crap" I must put up with and schedule my own retirement.

So sorry to disappoint you!
Green Witch

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 02:34 pm
@MASSAGAT,
Me too! I've got a few questions for you. Really, I'm serious, I'm not baiting you. I'm writing an article on how entrepreneurs deal with serious illness. If you get really sick and can't work - how long do you have savings to pay your insurance premiums and all your bills? Do you have any back up disability? If you miss one premium will you lose your insurance? If not, does it specify so in your policy or on a rider? Would you mind telling me a general figure for what you pay annually for insurance and for any supplemental plan? I assume you are not getting insurance from any source other than yourself (ex: no wife who works as a teacher) Thanks.
djjd62

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 02:35 pm
@MASSAGAT,
please tell us your business, so we can be sure not to patronize it
dyslexia

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 02:40 pm
@djjd62,
I'm somewhat alarmed, just thinking about Possum R Fartbubble as self-employed is indicative of the continued loss of small business in america.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 01:22 pm
@MASSAGAT,
MASSAGAT wrote:

I would expect such a response from an expatriate who did not have the courage or the talent to make his way in the USA [..]. Did you get steamrollered by competitors when you were in the USA, Nimh?

Oh, such short memory, Massagato! Don't you remember? I'm one of those lefties from Old Europe you called an America-hater. I've only ever been in the States on holidays...
0 Replies

MASSAGAT

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 03:20 pm
@Green Witch,
Dear Lady Green Witch:
There are people who are able to provide for themselves. I have been fortunate to be able to have enough so that I could pay for my current premiums for about forty or fifty years even if my income ceased. I also have a rider to cover catastrophic illnesses. AND, what is also called long term care insurance.

If you are interested( you seem to be or you would not be asking) I would suggest that everyone take out such a policy before getting too old(premiums go up), $100.00 a day( with an inflation rider) is offered for a fairly reasonable cost.

I have been lucky, do work hard( if sporadically due to the nature of my business) and do not indulge in ridiculous wasteful activities such as gambling and purchase of overpriced "status" items. I hope this answers your questions.
0 Replies

MASSAGAT

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 03:23 pm
Oh, yes, My wife is a teacher. She has a wonderful health plan. But I am continuing with the plan I had when I married her--fifteen years ago. My current payouts for Health Insurance, Supplemental Catastropic and Long Term Care Plan are in the ten to fifteen thousand dollar a year range.
MASSAGAT

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 03:26 pm
@djjd62,
Dear djjd62--I doubt you would be interested in patronizing my business or able to do so unless you are fairly affluent and interested in European Art Objects.
MASSAGAT

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 03:28 pm
Dear Dyslexia: I am sorry that I cannot include you in my excellent health care plan. I have heard that they have new and amazing techniques to cure Dyslexis.

Do you have a severe case? Is that why you are unable to write more than two or three lines at a time? I am sorry for you. I hope Santa can bring you a cure to fix your dyslexic haze!
0 Replies

MASSAGAT

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 03:35 pm
@nimh,
Well, Nimh, if you are truly a hater of the USA, as you call yourself, I would urge you to run over to Copenhagen immediately so that you can help President Obama in his futile efforts to save the obviously abortive plan to reduce the so called pollutant-Co2. Are you going to demonstrate? It won't do any good since the developing nations of the world demand large sums of money from the USA and other countries so that they can reduce their output of C02 without crippling their economies.

It's a good thing we have a Congress( even though it is in the hands of the Democrats). An unfettered Obama might even give the developing countries part of our GDP-10% Unemployment--be dammed!
Green Witch

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 07:40 pm
@MASSAGAT,
Well, you make more money than me and my husband, because that is out of our range and we have no debt, including no mortgage on our farm. We also have six employees we cannot afford to give healthcare to and they cannot afford to buy it, although we pay what is considered a living wage in our area. Many small business people cannot afford $12,000-16,000 a year (and I agree that is what it costs) for coverage. For years I have worked with people who want to open their own business, and the number one reason they end up not doing so is because they cannot leave their benefits. We know people who closed their businesses due to illness (usually of a child) and went to work for places like Home Depot just to get the health coverage. Other economically advanced countries do not have this problem and I think it is stifling American entrepreneurship at a time when we need it most.

djjd62

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 07:57 pm
@MASSAGAT,
aren't they usually called objets d'art

i might be interested, got any velvet elvis paintings, or those kids with really big eyes

hows about some a them poker playin' dogs, that **** cracks me up
MASSAGAT

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 02:18 am
@djjd62,
I am very much afraid that I have not handled any kitsch lately, djjd62. Try any good flea market.
0 Replies

MASSAGAT

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 02:27 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch: You may be aware that there are strong currents of opinion in the USA which believe that small businesses like yours should have their taxes lowered dramatically. The left wing is horrified at such a proposal since they say the money is needed to fund the government and its entitlements. However, it is clear that whenever a President( John Kennedy, Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush) cut taxes dramatically, REVENUE GOING TO THE TREASURY INCREASED.

How can this be? It sounds counterintuitive. How can you get more tax money into the US Treasury if you cut the tax rates?

If your cut of the tax rates allows more businesses to prosper and more people to work, the government will gain more money than if the tax rate had not been cut.

10 businesses that pay $10,000 a year in taxes equal $100,000 for the government.

But 14 businesses( there are four more businesses since because of the reduced tax rate, it is more feasible to open or enlarge a business) that pay $8,000 a year to the government( a 20% tax cut) will send $112,ooo to the government.
djjd62

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 06:46 am
@MASSAGAT,
tax cuts are all great, i'm fully in favour, but everybody pays, no loopholes for fat cat buddies or corporate bastards
nimh

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 10:28 am
@MASSAGAT,
MASSAGAT wrote:

Well, Nimh, if you are truly a hater of the USA, as you call yourself

I don't. To wit, emphasis added:

nimh wrote:
Oh, such short memory, Massagato! Don't you remember? I'm one of those lefties from Old Europe you called an America-hater.
MASSAGAT

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 10:48 pm
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 10:56 pm
@nimh,
Please don't quote the ******* troll!
MASSAGAT

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 11:03 pm
@dlowan,
Are you afraid of me too, rabbit. Do you think you own these threads and want to force anyone who does not think that your rabbit feces smell good not to post?.
0 Replies