boys and their tinkers

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 05:03 pm
Ahem... How's for a light hearted topic. I thought I'd ask it on a forum where men are present, to hear from the source, so to speak.

My boy is 3 months shy of his 3rd birthday. 6 months ago, we started potty training and his diapers disappeared. So, he discovered his tinker. He likes playing with it, touching it, especially during downtime - like watching TV, or just pensively sucking his thumb.

At home, he wears only briefs, because we are still potty training, and if he had pants/shorts, he wouldn't be able to pull everything down in time. So, his underwear is only a thin barrier for getting access to the equipment. I started getting after him for playing, but I need to know if this is something deeper with males and how do boys behave when they are 6-7 or 10 years old? (before puberty, because we all know puberty is a different thing altogether).

If you are parents, do you think your pre-puberescent child does it when you are not watching? How long can they keep their hands off it?

If you are a male, could you explain how it is with boys? Embarrassed
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,003 • Replies: 44
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 05:19 pm
On an episode of Third Rock, John Lithgow appears, holding a hammer in his hand. He and his cohorts have only recently taken the form of humans, so they know very little about being people. He holds up the hammer and says to one of the others, "I don't know why, but, this feels good."
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 05:24 pm
Ah, the advantages of having a daughter only..... Very Happy

I can't help you much redpickle, but if it were my boy, I would ignore it,
and let him play. He'll stop all on his own (well, then again, they never do....)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 05:26 pm
Come to think of, mismi40 has 3 boys, I hope she'll look into this thread....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 05:28 pm
jesus is this really being discussed? It's there... i's a handle for God's sake. It's made to be held among other things... and it's not a tinker either. It's a dick. Leave him alone.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 05:29 pm
I'll be back for this one, too. I've only one son...but lots of stories!
0 Replies

redpickle

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 05:47 pm
edgarblythe ---- Very Happy

CJane - then again, daughters are huuuge incentive for those things in boys....

BiPolar Bear - you are grumpy tonight.

Joeblow - can't wait.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 05:48 pm
honey I'm just messin' with you, I promise I'm not grumpy. Laughing
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 06:13 pm
I was having a health seminar with a pediatrician last night regarding cervical cancer immunization. One of the Moms said "What is the medical stance regarding masterbation. I mean,. instead of all this sex discussion, can't I just tell my daughter to masturbate?"

The doctor said she wouldn't cause it can lead to addiction and difficulty connecting in a heterosexual relationship later. She said masturbation should not be encouraged.

Shocked

I never made it a "dirty - don't touch yourself" kinda thing. Whether liberal or christian conservative, the body is beautiful, and it's yours and not something of which to be ashamed. It's gonna happen. Let him be.

That's my opinion. But, I'm not a doctor.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 06:15 pm
I hope that's an unusual doctor.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 06:16 pm
You and me both, osso. What an unfit pediatrician that is. Masturbation
is as natural as brushing your teeth. Well, perhaps not as often, but......
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 06:18 pm
speak for yourself...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 06:19 pm
Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 06:24 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
jesus is this really being discussed? It's there... i's a handle for God's sake. It's made to be held among other things... and it's not a tinker either. It's a dick. Leave him alone.

You sayin' "Don't tinker with the tinker toy?" heh heh
0 Replies

Mame

ossobuco wrote:
I hope that's an unusual doctor.

Nods at osso.
0 Replies

dyslexia

What a total non-issue.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 06:31 pm
The doctor seemed quite open about the teen sexuality topic until we got to maturbation. I hope I was obvious with my "You've got to be kidding" look. I didn't know if I should be more surprised by her stance on masturbation or her assumption of heterosexual relations.

To redpickle - get used to that being the natural place for his hand to land.
0 Replies

redpickle

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 08:17 pm
dyslexia wrote:
What a total non-issue.

I hope so.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 10:46 pm
redpickle wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
What a total non-issue.

I hope so.

I know so.

Speaking of which my daughter, when she was 4 or 5, announced................

"I have a secret pocket"
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 11:37 pm
dyslexia wrote:
What a total non-issue.

Why is it an non issue? It may be a non issue for you, but apparently is alive across our great land. (erg...)

Me, I knew nothing about masturbation, not only in 1956, but, unfortunately, later.

I understand that this is hard to believe, but I'll stand up as someone who had no clue years past that.

People say it is vile, sinful..

This is all not trivial.

You all know my opinion now.
0 Replies