Colon cleansing...what's the best out there?

Noddy24

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 07:18 am
Jeremiah--

Interesting paradox:

You eat only healthy food--but the fiber in this healthy food offends you and you wish to purge it from my body in an unnatural way.

Think of that healthy fiber scrubbing the inside of your intestines from stem to stern. Nature is economically redundant.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 07:48 am
how about a plumber's snake? You can use it over and over which makes it more ecologically healthy as well....
0 Replies

Doowop

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 07:54 am
In Britain we just tend to have a family size Vindaloo once a month, making sure we don't have to go to work the following day.

With a high fibre wholemeal naan, of course.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 08:39 am
Try using a vacuum cleaner.
0 Replies

Doowop

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 08:41 am
Actually, I find a mop and bucket more practical after a Vindaloo. But thanks, anyway. Very Happy
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 08:46 am
A lot of the stuff about colon cleansing is pure hype from hawkers selling snake oil. I found this article from the Mayo Clinic, an organization which I believe knows about what they are talking:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/colon-cleansing/AN00065

While you are reading, here's another article, not from as prestigious an institution as Mayo, but equally thought provoking:

http://www.livescience.com/health/060808_bad_colon.html
0 Replies

Jeremiah

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 06:59 pm
Good read, Phoenix.

But how come little children excrete humongous stool and when we get older our feces are smaller or skinnier.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 07:11 am
Quote:
But how come little children excrete humongous stool and when we get older our feces are smaller or skinnier.

I'd guess the flexibility of the intestinal walls have something to do with it.
0 Replies