Phony Soldier Syndrome becoming more infectious?

okie

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 10:31 am
Another spinoff of the phony soldier effect is the Pete Stark spewing insults and making a fool of himself. He probably has listened to too much popular media, otherwise where does he come up with this?

"You don't have money to fund the war or children. But you're going to spend it to blow up innocent people if we can get enough kids to grow old enough for you to send to Iraq to get their heads blown off for the President's amusement."

In my opinion, he not only should apologize, as he has, but resign from Congress.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 10:32 am
okie wrote:
Another spinoff of the phony soldier effect is the Pete Stark spewing insults and making a fool of himself. He probably has listened to too much popular media, otherwise where does he come up with this?

"You don't have money to fund the war or children. But you're going to spend it to blow up innocent people if we can get enough kids to grow old enough for you to send to Iraq to get their heads blown off for the President's amusement."

In my opinion, he not only should apologize, as he has, but resign from Congress.

He did apologize, but he shouldn't have, b/c it's true. Most of you Conservatives are entertained by war; the 'shock and awe' was like one big orgasm for the Right wing.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 10:35 am
You should never apologize for anything you actually believe, cyclops. He obviously doesn't really believe it, he was only spewing what he thinks the left believes and he thinks he is supposed to believe. He might at times think he believes it, but deep down apparently he doesn't or he wouldn't apologize. He is a gutless liberal wonder, thats all. Is that the best the bay area can contribute to Congress, cyclops?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 10:37 am
okie wrote:
You should never apologize for anything you actually believe, cyclops. He obviously doesn't really believe it, he was only spewing what he thinks the left believes and he thinks he is supposed to believe. He might at times think he believes it, but deep down apparently he doesn't or he wouldn't apologize. He is a gutless liberal wonder, thats all. Is that the best the bay area can contribute to Congress, cyclops?

I wouldn't know - he was voted into office before I got here.

Not that an Okie would have anything to be proud of; Oklahoma's elected officials have to be some of the dumbest in our great land.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 10:39 am
okie wrote:

Yes okie it's a pretty damn sorry state of a affairs with a person is elected to the House of Representatives and actually represents those citizens who elected him. He must hate america.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 10:41 am
I will temper what I said about Stark's statement with maybe you can apologize if you believe something and you offend someone with your belief unintentionally, but Congress is not a personal place, it is a political place. You should be able to stick to what you believe and say there, if you believe it. And what he said was outrageous, inflammatory, and demagoguery, and he knew it. Quite similar to what you read on this forum to be truthful.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 10:54 am
Oh, the irony of coming to this forum and reading okie's post.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 01:03 pm
No apologies needed for stating facts, Parados.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 09:02 pm
okie wrote:

How about for stating lies, myriad lies, Okie? Lies that have directly caused the deaths of millions of people, the destruction of copious amounts of personal property, the pain and suffering of further untold millions, ... .

What then? Are apologies needed?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 10:18 pm
Heres a sampling of a few more accounts of phony stories, soldiers, etc. that I apparently have missed:

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/new-york-times-caught-printing-another-phony-story

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/is-cloy-richards-another-fake-anti-war-veteran

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/a-veteran-peace-protester-and-his-medals

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/times-admits-to-lying-about-abu-ghraib-prisoner

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/marine-told-tales-for-fame

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/cindys-lawyer-is-a-fake-vietnam-vet
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 10:35 pm
JTT wrote:
okie wrote:

How about for stating lies, myriad lies, Okie? Lies that have directly caused the deaths of millions of people, the destruction of copious amounts of personal property, the pain and suffering of further untold millions, ... .

You just better hope for the sake of the USA that the Phony President syndrome doesn't take hold. It sure has had a sickening grip on the country for the last number of years.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 09:59 am
JTT wrote:
JTT wrote:
okie wrote:

You just better hope for the sake of the USA that the Phony President syndrome doesn't take hold. It sure has had a sickening grip on the country for the last number of years.

Phony president reigned supreme 1992 - 2000.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 10:17 am
okie wrote:

JTT wrote:
JTT wrote:
okie wrote:

Phony president reigned supreme 1992 - 2000.

More avoidance of the actual issues. I recently just read a quote that went something like this;

"Delusion is needed by many for day to day survival".

I think that if you researched [read, got somebody to help you research] the track record for the two presidents, you'd quickly see who is the phony presidink.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 10:23 am
I was a citizen and endured the 8 years of the Clintons. Thats enough for me, I don't care to read any more.

I don't want to drink your koolaid.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 10:33 am
Quote:

"Delusion is needed by many for day to day survival".

Quote:
Thats enough for me, I don't care to read any more.
0 Replies