What Size Bed Do You Sleep in With Your Partner?

Eva

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 08:33 am
Try velcro, Phoenix. Cut the middle (sheet) out of the bed skirt, then velcro the good part to the sides of the box spring. You can buy strips of adhesive-backed velcro. And...it's easier to remove and replace when you need to wash the bedskirt.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 09:38 am
In Hawaii, a queen sized murphy bed in the downstairs condo and a trundle bed in the upstairs condo.

In Boston, a floor sofa in MA's hippie pad. Actually very comfortable, but hell on our 70+ bones when trying to get up from 4 inches off the floor.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 09:50 am
Eva wrote:
Try velcro, Phoenix. Cut the middle (sheet) out of the bed skirt, then velcro the good part to the sides of the box spring. You can buy strips of adhesive-backed velcro. And...it's easier to remove and replace when you need to wash the bedskirt.

Eva- You are a genius. I knew there was a reason that I hang around A2K! Very Happy

Thanks, really!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 11:20 am
You're welcome!

It does work a lot better than pins.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 11:20 am
You didn't have a category for floor mattresses Phoenix How many people sleep on floor mattresses
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 11:33 am
Wow, there are lots of different sizes.
Measured mine, and it's King alright. But UK King, not US King.

Do you have a name for your bed, a nickname?
Ours is named "Germany".
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 11:47 am
I still sleep in a king sized bed with my new partner..... probably not necessary though as I don't have really big hands....
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 12:13 pm
[quote="fbaezer]Do you have a name for your bed, a nickname?
Ours is named "Germany".[/quote]

Tell me why Germany? Very Happy
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 12:25 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
fbaezer wrote:
Ours is named "Germany".

In the Football (soccer) World Cup, Germany always defeats Mexico. It's our karma.
The bed often defeats us; we fight against it and we just can't get up. "Germany" wins and we stay in bed. It's our karma. Laughing
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 12:38 pm
Never thought of it that way fb. Now I gotta think of something that defeats me besides the ex wife, cuz that would be too weird.
For the record, Queen, but my partner is a 20 lb furbag.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 03:47 pm
fbaezer wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:
fbaezer wrote:
Ours is named "Germany".

In the Football (soccer) World Cup, Germany always defeats Mexico. It's our karma.
The bed often defeats us; we fight against it and we just can't get up. "Germany" wins and we stay in bed. It's our karma. Laughing

That certainly is a nice name for an excuse to stay in bed much longer, fbaezer, plus Germany will defeat Mexico for a long time to come. Wink

All I need is soft linens and a very comfortable mattress.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 04:55 pm
We used a windfall Cheryl got to pay cash for a California king-sized Select Comfort Sleep Number Bed. It's been in the house for about 3 weeks now, and my body is still in shock from how wonderfully deep and restful sleep has become. I am so sold on this bed.

My sleep number is 55, and Cheryl's is 45.

Everything else is better in a better bed, too. Embarrassed
0 Replies

MagicBlackCat

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 04:01 pm
CA King with a big cushy foam mattress and flannel sheets (even during summer) Comfy!

I have a BIG pillow I have to put on my right side. Mr Cat is a DEEP sleeper and tosses and turns a lot. The pillow saves me from getting knocked in the face at night.

He can't sleep without the TV on and I'm a light sleeper. The TV often wakes me up at 3AM with loud commercials or noises >.< so I had to implement a night time rule.

He can play DVD's or VHS tapes but they can't be recorded football games, movies, or recorded TV shows with whistles or explosions in them otherwise I invite the 125 yellow labrador up onto the bed, who crowds him out so that he has to go sleep on the couch. The dog snores loudly, but hey, the price ya gotta pay sometimes for a good nights sleep. -LOL
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 11:01 am
Our bed is a bit narrower than Queen. I have a Tempur pillow and we have one comforter. But usually we are on different sleep shifts. BigDice comes home late at night and likes to fall asleep on the sofa. So I have to wake him and send him to bed when I go downstairs for breakfast. The cats usually share the bed with me.

And since we live in a very old house with small rooms the bed could not be any bigger or it wouldn't fit into the bedroom...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 11:15 am
MagicBlackCat wrote:
He can't sleep without the TV on and I'm a light sleeper. The TV often wakes me up at 3AM with loud commercials or noises >.< so I had to implement a night time rule.

wow, you're good natured, MBCat, I don't think I would like to have a TV
in my bedroom, let alone have it on while trying to sleep.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 11:44 am
Years ago. we had a TV in the bedroom. I would be so pissed when I was trying to sleep, and Mr. P. was chuckling over Johnny Carson. After awhile I insisted that he wear headphones in bed after 11 p.m.

That still did not solve the problem, because the laughter and the flickering of the television always disturbed my sleep. When the old set died, we I insisted on a new, bigger one that would not fit in the bedroom. On purpose! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 08:51 am
NO TV in the bedroom! That's what the living room is for!
0 Replies

MagicBlackCat

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 11:21 am
CalamityJane wrote:
MagicBlackCat wrote:

wow, you're good natured, MBCat, I don't think I would like to have a TV
in my bedroom, let alone have it on while trying to sleep.

Heh. I didn't like it at first but he's gotten much better about the volume. Very Happy I suppose it drowns out my snoring to some extent too...lol
0 Replies