What Size Bed Do You Sleep in With Your Partner?

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 06:28 am
On another thread,
http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=104880

the issue of sleeping together or in separate bedrooms is being discussed. I became curious as to what kind of bed is used by couples who do sleep together.

It would be interesting to find out if there is any correlation between bed size, and the age of the couple.

In my case, Mr. P and I are an older couple who sleep in a queen bed, except when one of us is sick. Then the well person will retire to one of our sofa beds.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,334 • Replies: 37
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 06:31 am
Queen.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 06:43 am
I can't imagine sleeping in a queen size bed with Bear.

From day one we were in a California king. Now I'm in a queen by myself.

My daughter about peed her pants when she came in to say she was home one night and I was sprawled sideways on the king because Bear was gone for the night.

Now that I'm in the Queen alone, it isn't unusual for me to wake up upsidedown. I also have more vivid dreams when sleeping alone, probably because I sleep deeper. I must be dreaming of traveling a lot. Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 06:51 am
This spring we bought a top of the line Tempur Pedic bed. (great, by the way). Now Mr. P. complains that I am taking up too much of the bed. What he didn't realize was that the bed is so damn high, that I have moved away from the edge of the bed.

A couple of times before we got this bed, I was dreaming, and threw myself on the floor during the dream. If I do that from this height, I will surely break my neck! So I am attempting to sleep away from the edge of the bed. Laughing
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 08:07 am
Queen. Sometimes not big enough. Very Happy
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 08:17 am
you forgot to add couch in there..

thats not a joke either, and you may feel pity for my girl. i do Razz
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 08:24 am
A post from 2 years ago;

Quote:
Over the past few weeks the lady Diane has been talking to me about how now that we have been living together for over 2 years I should let her sleep in my bed. I keep explaining to her that my "suggestion" that she sleep at the straight chair at the dining room table is really for her benefit in maintaing good posture and only has the slightest benefit to me in that she is closer to the kitchen in the morning to have my coffee made when I rise from my queen sized bed and stumble into the kitchen half-awake. Like I said, it's not a rule that she has to sleep in the straight chair, it's just that it is only chair in the kitchen where she could sleep and I don't want her spine to get all mooshy or anything.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 10:19 am
Queen - but soon to be King - our next bed will be a king - seems we need more room as we are getting older. Either that or when the kids sneak in early morning we can fit them easier.

I too, on the few occassions hubby is away like to sleep sideways across the entire bed - I just like a different perspective from time to time.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 04:20 pm
King. Used to have doggies that would take up, oh, about 90% of the bed. The doberman mix could stretch out for most of the diagonal on the King-sized bed. Then he'd look at us and wonder why we were asking him to move.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 05:41 pm
Last night I started in a double with Mo. Then I moved to the king with Mr. B. Then Mo started barfing so he moved into bed with us. Then the puppy who sleeps with Mo started crying so I ended up on the sofa with the puppy.

I need a nap.

Mr. B and I have had king sized beds for a long time he goes all Jackie Chan if anyone touches him when he's sleeping.
0 Replies

Quincy

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 05:54 pm
Single. The bed, that is.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 06:17 pm
Geez, boomer, you need a nap and a vacation.

Hope everyone's feeling better.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 07:58 pm
What is a California King?
What is the difference between double and Queen?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 08:13 pm
It used to be Queen, but now we have a California King - heaven!
Phoenix, the new mattress is just great!

fbaezer, California King is longer than the regular ones, and not as wide
as a King size. I'm tall so California King is perfect for me.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 08:22 pm
Here's some bed news, fb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 06:23 am
Queen sized bed with a king sized top sheet. Mr. Noddy is very possessive about the sheets and at this point he's almost double my weight.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 06:50 am
fbaezer wrote:
What is a California King?
What is the difference between double and Queen?

Check this out:

http://www.csgnetwork.com/bedsizes.html

Be aware that these are sizes for the US and the UK. I think that sizes vary in other areas of the world.

Another thing. In addition to the differences in size, because of the super high mattresses, fitted sheets can now be gotten in depths that can fit up to an 22" deep mattress, at increasingly higher prices. The deep fitted sheets are a pain in the neck. Something always seems to get stuck in it in the washing machine.

http://www.doubleupsforbeds.com/prod/fitted_sheets.php?gclid=CM23zNGvhI8CFSIQgQodVzbMwQ
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 07:00 am
Queen size bed, two diffrent blankets.

I like to roll up like a burrito when i sleep, he does not.
He uses his blanket sort of like a formable body pillow, stuffing it here and there like a squirrel in a basket of nuts

Our next bed will be a tempur-pedic, and as big as it gets
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 07:09 am
Double bed, with queen sheets and blankets (no hogging that way). Plenty of cozy room now that the dogs are trained to sleep on their own beds.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 07:23 am
shewolfnm- Be aware that unless your next door neighbor is Arnold Schwarzenegger, and is willing to help, once that bed is set, it stays there. When I bought my mattress, I hadn't decided which bedskirt that I wanted. I bought one after the bed had arrived, and then realized that there was no way in hell that I could move that mattress to put the skirt on.

I am thinking about cutting out the top of the bedskirt, and just pinning the sides to the base. Conversely, I may leave a few inches around the top, and tuck it under the mattress. I am sure that the weight of the mattress will keep things in place. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies