People behave differently when they wear different clothes?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 08:38 pm
I think we've lost Amethyst...

and yes, clothes matter. Too bad I don't care. Much.

I have my own quaint ways with clothes, which aren't from expensive stores, except perhaps originally. I have some nifty clothes, St. Laurent, etc., from the Salvation Army. Oh, but no place to wear them..
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 08:49 pm
Aw, just wear them!!

I used to wear very very expensive designer clothes that I'd found here and there (for cheap) in an everyday manner. They didn't last long, but when they cost $5 in the first place, who cares?

That's rather the sozlet's approach to clothes, too -- she is way frillier and pinker than I imagined a daughter of mine would be (I expected more tomboyish), but she also happily stomps in puddles and plays in the mud while wearing those frilly pink frocks. That's what washing machines are for. And Fels-Naptha. Great stuff, truly.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 08:59 pm
Wear what you want, when you want, and wear it with attitude!

People are often saying "i can't wear hats."
well, d'oh, with that attitude you surely can't.

i've been a hat wearer and purse carrier since i was very very small. even when i was a tiny red corduroy overall wearing babyBeth.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 09:01 pm
Yeah, usually I do. Still haven't worn the St. Laurent purple coat though.

Gave my niece the Missoni two piece. (She looked so great in it..$6.00/SA, Santa Monica) Nearly died when she threw it on the floor along with everything else. So we went back and forth, as in, really Aunt Osso, maybe you shouldn't give this to me. And I took it back. But then gave it back as she was packing for the airport. She has not been well closet trained by either of her parents, besides being a teen...and was in a travelling situation anyway.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 09:02 pm
"babyBeth"... Aw...

I abused perfectly gorgeous clothes, too, clothes I really wish I HADN'T abused. Had some Donna Karan and Normal Kamali stuff that I'd love to still have now, but shredded it. (Not purposely, just doing teenage stuff.) (Went with my docs, though.) (Seriously considering buying some docs I would have lusted after when I was a teenager, trying to figure out if I lust after them now or if it's just an echo...)

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/372700/c/4692/g/women/s/9.html
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 09:05 pm
Um, sounds like I care about labels. Only as they appertain to style and good craftsmenship in clothing construction. I also like other fun clothes, not always into quality discernment.

Um, how do you all feel about wrinkles?
0 Replies

fancytickler

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 09:06 pm
They say men choose clothes to say something about themselves to others [status, career, wealth].

But women choose clothing either to reflect their mood, or, to slip into a different mood they WANT to feel.. .. ..

[In a similar way, I believe, folks choose 'romantic' or 'fiendish' or 'sophisticated' monikers on the Web.. .. ..
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 09:07 pm
I don't like wrinkles much. Except on linen. Then it's OK. Sometimes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 09:10 pm
ooh, I have a mustard colored kamali blouse, $1.50, SA/Santa Monica again. Love it.

As to not wearing the purple coat, it is not so very cold for very long where I live, and I don't go out at night all that much..it is really lack of opportunity. Besides, I have some other choices, heh heh.

To reassure you, I am not a very clothing shy woman.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 09:14 pm
You may be right on that, Fancy Tickler.

Also, men may be more constrained in work situations re what they can wear and still be taken seriously.

One can become more playful, man or woman, I think, as one has more say in how a business is run, and what kind of business it is.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 03:28 am
I can't wear hats.
0 Replies

amethyst

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 11:03 pm
hey, I am back! Nice to meet you all, A2k family!

Unfortunately I wrench my instep or maybe ankle ligament while play tenis yesterday. oh, that that stupid tenis ball.. Twisted Evil Can you believe I get hurt not playing the ball but picking the ball? Confused I bet I will cancel tea dance. NOT fair.

OK, back to the isuue...............

Well, figuratively speaking, ` jail` here symbolizes the social model,rules. Restriction is marked in people`s minds. Thinking about it, we are taught to act properly, dress properly under different circimstance, just like most of you said above. And children have to accept advices or comands from parents, relatives, teachers, any people have sort of power to make them convince. That maybe the cause why we think different as children. I bet for girls beautiful flower dress are always the first choice, to some extent, lol, boys like also.

For me, I behave the same no matter I wear what. Very Happy Razz . My principle for wearing issue is just let me feel comfortable and would like to wear.
Pretty simple. It bother me to choose what I should wear when I am not fully wake in the morning, thinking that boring issue. LOL
0 Replies

THe ReDHoRN

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 11:10 pm
I feel like a real man of honor and respect when I wear my russian guard uniform! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 11:14 pm
Amethyst, hope your ankle heals quickly!
0 Replies

amethyst

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 11:38 pm
Thanks, osso! Smile
0 Replies