People behave differently when they wear different clothes?

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 04:38 pm
Yeah, it's pretty cool. I once found a Victoria's Secrets catalogue.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 04:39 pm
Man, I can only dream of stuff like that. I still get teary eyed when I see underwear commercials in newspapers.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 04:49 pm
Teary-EYED?

(running.....)
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 04:52 pm
It was a touching moment Deb.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 04:53 pm
Amethyst, to comment seriously, I certainly behave differently when I am dressed differently - but probably, (except, as people have pointed out, things like lingerie or no clothes at all, DO elicit more obvious differences in behaviour!) fairly subtly.

If I feel very professional in something (very difficult for me - I don't DO seriously professional often - don't have it in me) I prolly behave more seriously. If I feel that I look really good in what I am wearing, I bet I show that subtly in my body language. When I am glammed up, and wearing sparkly earrings and in evening stuff, I very much fear the head tossing and posturing begins, even if subtly!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 04:54 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
It was a touching moment Deb.

Precisely.......

(running again....)
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 04:55 pm
Gee, such an opening for an off-color comment about touching moments for teary eyed one-eyes....

Guess I'll behave. :::sigh:::
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 04:56 pm
Why? I didn't!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 04:57 pm
LOL.... I'm misbehaving elsewhere...go look at word match... Wink
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 04:58 pm
(That's what they were talking about, Butrfly...)

<rising above the fray>

I actually thought that about reactions shaping how kids feel about what they wear, too, Butrflynet, and that's what was striking for me about how early and emphatic the sozlet was about wanting "beautiful" clothes. ("Beautiful" and "Flowers" were two of her earliest signs.) I thought the red striped shirt and solid shorts I was putting on her were adorable, but SHE wanted the "beautiful flower dress", literally at about a year old.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 05:04 pm
OK, I'll be serious too. Once my brother discovered suits he said it was empowering and started being rude to waitresses and such.

And BTW: GRRRR theyse be more funnier without having signs pointed at them dern it!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 05:08 pm
Clothes maketh not the man - but it seems, sometimes, they can bring out the inner man! Yeeecccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I, of course, Soz, was the little girl who wanted the shorts and such, but was forced into the frilly, flowery frocks - and spent my days getting screamed at and hit with rulers and such ('twas a yardstick - owie) for constantly getting the smegging things dirty!!! (I loved mud, and beasties, and crawling through stuff.....

Do we always want the opposite of what we get? LOL!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 05:09 pm
C'mon! It was hanging out there wanting to be tweaked, Craven!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 05:13 pm
Careful with that zipper...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 05:15 pm
Every now and then, I am lucky enough to find an outfit that is just the right color and style and fit. That lucky combination is strong enough to make even me think I am looking mighty spiffy. It gives a boost to my ego and I don't hesitate to flaunt it.

That's one of the disappointing things about fashion. Styles and colors are always going in and out of fashion and you don't always have access to them. I don't think I've ever worn anything that was considered "the latest fad" unless you count the tie-dyed shirts and bell bottomed jeans I wore in school.

I can't wait til we hit the future and have Star Trek type replicaters and can have those colorful, stylish, well-fitted clothing on demand no matter what else is in season.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 05:17 pm
It wasn't a sign, it was an opening. It's not my fault you are more familiar with signs then openings. Perhaps that be why ye be teary-eyed?

Run Deb! Run!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 06:16 pm
See, I just think its fun to beat around the bush.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 06:33 pm
LOL! Stop it, for godsake! (trying not to make a sign)
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 06:34 pm
That's what Dubya was saying to Laura just the other night...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 07:17 pm
And cereally from me...I don't think it's so much what I wear, but what moment I'm in. Guess what I mean is, if I'm wearing a suit, it's because I'm in a more formal environment than usual, so I'll act more professional. If I'm wearing a wife beater and shorts, then I'm obviously NOT in a professional environment, than I act more casual, such as loudly poking fun of people in public.
0 Replies