He just left me

primmie

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 03:26 pm
Dadpad
Your right I wasn't seeking solutions -I think that's already happened Smile I have worked in Community Services for over 20 yrs and maybe that explains why I consider my life 'undramatic' - compared to others my life is somewhat dull Very Happy Very Happy But (present company excepted) it also explains why people who work in the field seem to attract 'cases' rather than reasonably well and rounded people. We are live in counsellors Sad When I stopped being that well........................I wont repeat the story.

Noddy
I would also consider myself a feminist which is why I said earlier it is amazing how insidious this type of behaviour can be - before you know it you are in an unsatisfying and unequal relationship and when you look back you think "my god how the hell did I get here". I let my bottom line get lower and lower and I take responsibility for that. I stayed silent when I should have spoken. But as the old saying goes - when it was good it was very good and when it was bad it was awful Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks for your wisdom

Primmie
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 04:07 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Quote:
Noddy24's 'Lord of the Universe' reference was laudable but this week's makeover goes to dadpad for his 'callouse' call. Congratulations to all contributors.

Curses! Foiled again.

Ha! Finally get one up on The Noddster. :wink: <Does small victory dance.>
0 Replies

epenthesis

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 08:27 pm
Primmie, seeing as we are almost neighbours, I could pop over and help with light dusting of the dictionaries and such. Which brings me to my malice of forethought.

Why not sorta kinda unburden yourself to a friend in community services. Then when a coupla dozen blokes come over to help with the refurb make sure you let them do the jobs at hand before creaming off the most suitable suspects.

OK, so what if I really only wanted to talk about gardening.

I ate the leftover bacon and the flower. Tell me was a nasturtium. Gotta go, tummy feels a bit funny.
0 Replies

primmie

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 09:19 pm
Epenthesis - wearing an apron is compulsory with light dusting - I have three huge bookcases so best give yourself plenty of time and plenty of Mr. Sheen Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Quote:
Why not sorta kinda unburden yourself to a friend in community services. Then when a coupla dozen blokes come over to help with the refurb make sure you let them do the jobs at hand before creaming off the most suitable suspects.

hey i would unburden myself to a friend in the community services if they weren't too busy wrestling gun safe keys from their husband, or trying to get their drunk and drug addicted partner outta the house, or struggling to pay the mortgage will hubby stays at home Very Happy Very Happy Maybe I can get all those men to come over and do my reno's and do a joint session with them all Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Gardening is addiction of mine so bring a shovel and some blood and bone and we will talk all day Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Nasturtium oops not so lucky it was belladonna so if you break out in vesicular pustular eruptions Shocked Shocked call me Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers Primmie
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 08:32 am
Primmie--

Been there, done that, own the tee-shirt.

Eventually even the most accommodating of women has an epiphany. "It never has been my turn, has it? When is it going to be my turn?"

Our mothers never instructed us in the Survival Value of Benign Self Assertion.

I'll be out of town for about a week with limited computer access. Hold your dominion.

Dadpad--

Speaking of "turns".....
0 Replies

primmie

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 07:47 pm
Noddy - no t-shirt but but there is a line from a song that has been playing in my head for weeks and weeks - YES ITS JANET JACKSON Confused Confused and I am sorry for that but the one line was

"What have you done for me lately"

When I looked at all the lyrics I should have been singing (SCREAMING) the song out loud at every opportunity! or every time he even looked at me Sad Sad Sad

What's up girl?
He stood me up again.
Again?
Um hmmm.
Well what's up with this guy? do you really like him that much?
Yes, honey, I love him. He is fine; he does a lot of nice things for me.
I know he used to do nice stuff for you, but what has he done for you lately?

Used to be a time when you would pamper me
Used to brag about it all the time
Your friends seem to think that you're so peachy keen
But my friends say neglect is on your mind...
Who's right?

Chorus:
What have you done for me lately
Ooh ooh ooh yeah
What have you done for me lately
Ooh ooh ooh yeah

Used to go to dinner almost every night
Danced until I thought Id lose my breath
Now it seems your dancin feet are always on my couch
Good thing I cook or else we'd starve to death...
Aint that a shame?

I never ask for more than I deserve
You know its the truth
You seem to think you're gods gift to this earth
I'm tellin you... no way.

You ought to be thankful for the little things
But little things are all you seem to give
You're always puttin off what we could do today
Soap opera says you've got one life to live
Who's right who's wrong?

Music is my salve in these times,but Paula Cole is more my thing then Janet. But the lyrics resonated for some reason Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 09:19 pm
What part of OZ primmie?

Noddy I acknowledge you as the empress of empathy.
0 Replies

primmie

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 04:43 am
Hobart - unless we have blown up to Victoria Very Happy Very Happy

You?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 04:51 am
NE vic Mt buller

Did you hear what they renamed myers hobart store?

Wait for it....

.........Coals

Any thought on the pulp mill? If you dont want to discuss it here just say so
0 Replies

primmie

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 06:26 pm
Laughing Laughing @ Coals - haven't heard that one. Its funny how that fire has affected Hobart. The city looks so naked without Myers.

Well its been a week for me. I am pretty proud of myself, no phone calls, no texts and no e-mails and most tellingly (is that a word Question Question ) NO crying myself to sleep Confused Confused My g'friends have rallied and are keeping me focused on me and the value I offer this world Very Happy Very Happy There has been some emotional times in the past week as I work with Gov. Depts with my Grand Daughter and my son, but I did it without ringing him looking for a shoulder to cry on.

I think I am OK cause he and I went throught it about three years ago and it was awful (mayhe he has triannual crisis Very Happy Very Happy ) I think I almost turned into a stalker, I was an absolute wreck, lost lots of weight, cried all the time and we went through months of him saying "I love you but I dont know what I want". Well obviously we got back together but I SWORE I would never go there again - I turned into a person I didn't like and dont ever want to be again. Therefore I am aiming to be the person I want to be and I want to behave in a way that I am proud of.

I will not be emotionally beaten (nor be an emotional beater) in the name of love.

Thanks again for your time

Primmie
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 02:25 am
Quote:
Therefore I am aiming to be the person I want to be and I want to behave in a way that I am proud of.

I'm proud of you for being proud of you.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 07:32 am
Primmie--

Good for you.

I've found that third-person personae can be very helpful in living according to one's personal standards as in:

"Our Heroine is not going to pick up that telephone. Our Heroine is going to pick up a dust cloths and tackle just the top shelves of her neglected library."

"Our Heroine is not going to give any member of her always adorable but presently exasperating family a piece of her mind and a few home truths. Our Heroine is going to take a bubble bath."

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

helen26

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 06:53 am
Hi all

Just had to give you my opinion for what it's worth..........

You are better off without this man. He was using you. If he cares about you he should be helping not just thinking about himself. He's one of those selfish types who thinks the world revolves around him.

I got rid of mine recently and it's the best thing that happened, although I wouldn't have thought so at the time.

He's not making you happy so kick him to the curb!!!!
0 Replies