Seminars For Gurus In Training

spendius

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 08:44 am
CJ wrote-

Quote:
It's all your own fault, really.

Yes- I know Cal.

I have a child-like innocence which draws me forward to become enmeshed in traps which I hadn't realised had been laid for me.

It's the story of my life.

But now that I am in this predicament, and am seemingly stuck with having to train to be a Guru, I wondered if you, as an earthly embodiment of the Muse, might be gracious enough to offer me some guidance. After all a Guru is a sort of high-priest in the service of a higher spiritual being which, in turn, lends dignity to his office and is the source of his wisdom. Hence the intellectual incoherence of the notion of a female Guru.

Ladies reaching 25,000 posts ought to be "Oracles-in-training".

What wande is offering is hardly likely to inculcate in me the sort of fastidious dedication which I imagine a bona-fide Guru is expected to practice.

Guru-in-training is a new order of being and if I have to resign myself to starting at the bottom then starting at the bottom it will have to be. I have no wish to become a half-baked Guru.

But please, if I may, might I ask you to remember that I am a delicate creature and acutely sensitive to any limitations or reductions in my comforts.

Maybe I should petition the hierarchy to invent a new title for non-American members of A2K who reach 25,000 posts. Visiting Consultant or Cultural Virus.

I often feel a little odd when I think that my posts are being read, in the main, by people who routinely carry guns in their pockets, handbags and glove compartments and sleep with one in the top drawer of their antique bedside table. If the cops here find out someone has a gun they jump on them mob-handed, bang them up and give them five years minimum.

The thought that the ladies in the pub have, or might have, a loaded pistol in their bag or about their person is a strange one indeed to me. I hardly think I can be a Guru, and hence a Guru-in-training, in such circumstances.

Pistol packing Mamas are off my agenda.

Do you carry a gun Cal?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 06:01 pm
No, I don't carry a gun, why would I?
I can handle the wild west pretty well without it. Has nothing whatsoever to do with you being a half-baked Guru, and as you can see, I am quite a
few posts away form entering those halls of fame, thus cannot accept the
offer of training or guiding you - that would be the blind leading the blind.

Thanks for asking though!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 09:17 am
DrewDad wrote:
GIT training day 1:

7:30-8:00 a.m.: Telling everyone how to eat their doughnuts.
8:00-11:00 a.m.: Avoiding the question.
11:00-12:00 a.m.: Avatar updating.
12:00-1:00 p.m.: Talking with your mouth full
1:00-3:00 p.m.: How to increase your number of posts, or, talking while saying nothing.
3:00-4:00 p.m.: Free time (go and post!)
4:00-5:00 p.m.: Hamster molesting

It's very wise to molest the hamsters before dinner, as after dinner could get kinda messy. Thank you for your consideration.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 10:17 am
Right- I've done Day 1. Got bitten.

What's next DD?
0 Replies