SECOND A2K STRAW POLL White House 2008

ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 08:41 am
I voted dem - other.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 08:54 am
BBB
If I voted logically, my candidate would be Joe Biden, the only candidate who really understands how to lessen the terrible impact of the Iraq war. He has both foreign and domestic common sense policy experience. His economy and financial policy experience would be valuable. He would be a problem solver and a uniter in the style of Harry Truman rather than a panderer and spinner. (He could choose Clinton or Obama as his vice presidents.)

If I voted emotionally, my candidate would be John Edwards (with Barak Obama as his vice president.)

I I voted to win, my candidate would be Hillary Clinton (with Joe Biden as her vice president.)

BBB
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 08:56 am
I continue to endorse McCain.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:01 am
I'm still undecided. I really like Kucinich best, but I also like Obama and Edwards. I liked McCain in 2000 but feel he doesn't have the credibility he once had. I also like Ron Paul. I'll vote as soon as one of them takes a clear lead in my mind.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:07 am
Right now I'm all for anyone but Hillary. If she gets the dem nod, then my vote will be easy to cast. It will be for whoever the republicans nominate. If it is anyone but Hillary atop the dem ticket, then I'll have to make a decision.

But for the purposes of this vote, I'll go with McCain for now.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:09 am
FreeDuck wrote:
I'm still undecided. I really like Kucinich best, but I also like Obama and Edwards. I liked McCain in 2000 but feel he doesn't have the credibility he once had. I also like Ron Paul. I'll vote as soon as one of them takes a clear lead in my mind.

Maybe, in the next straw poll, nimh ought to consider two extra options: "Other (Libertarian, Green, Natural Law, ...)" and "Undecided".
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 10:00 am
So far no one is admitten to voting for Hillary (that i can tell; might of missed a post or two) but she has 24% of the vote so far. I vote for Hillary despite her war vote record because I like her domestic agendas.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 10:40 am
I had listed:

Barack Obama
Rudy Giuliani
John Edwards
John McCain
Mitt Romney
Hillary Clinton

in the previous poll. I haven't seen any reason to change that list order thusfar.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 12:21 pm
FreeDuck wrote:

Have you seen the vid of Kucinich on Syrian TV quoting the bible to make a point about the Iraq war being wrong?

Was it a poke at Bush or is Dennis a religious freakazoid like Bush I wonder.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 01:23 pm
Thomas wrote:
Maybe, in the next straw poll, nimh ought to consider two extra options: "Other (Libertarian, Green, Natural Law, ...)" and "Undecided".

Good point, but do the other parties have primaries? I suppose they have.. does anyone know?

After the primaries though, it'll be time for a new kind of straw poll, and that should have a third party option in it.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 01:25 pm
revel wrote:
So far no one is admitten to voting for Hillary (that i can tell; might of missed a post or two)

Blatham did. I know Bipolar's a supporter too..
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 08:29 pm
nimh wrote:
revel wrote:
So far no one is admitten to voting for Hillary (that i can tell; might of missed a post or two)

Blatham did. I know Bipolar's a supporter too..

hillary in '08.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:26 am
Thanks for your vote, DTOM, and everyone else who has voted so far. Last time we got 80 votes, see how much higher/lower interest now is.

Note: Alan Keyes joined the Republican primary race yesterday, so add his name to the "Other - Republican" category.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:37 am
nimh wrote:
Note: Alan Keyes joined the Republican primary race yesterday, so add his name to the "Other - Republican" category.

He did?

Huh.

He's... weird.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 09:03 am
Hillary is probably going to forge ahead with her important universal health care proposal. I personally prefer Gore, but am beginning to think that he will stay out of the race.

The Reps are so similar to each other, and so nonimaginative, that they are failing to gain the interest of the needed independents.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 12:08 pm
And the Winner is...
Cool Edwards! Cool
0 Replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 12:41 pm
I like Ron Paul, myself.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 01:17 pm
Advocate wrote:
Hillary is probably going to forge ahead with her important universal health care proposal. I personally prefer Gore, but am beginning to think that he will stay out of the race.

Here it is still 07 but it is way too late already with the early primaries looming.

Barring a major event like a terrorist attack stateside, we should all get used to hear the term "Madame President." Right now, my vote is with Obama but I may switch to Hillary by primary time if Obama has no chance. (Just for solidarity purposes)
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 01:25 pm
Can you imagine the Clinton haters? They make us Bush bashers seem like fans in comparison. I wonder what scandal they will come up with first? Hillary bunking the maid or some such?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 01:56 pm
Alan Keyes will be jumping into the race it seems.

This soon may be a case of which GOPers aren't running - like Hagel
0 Replies