Surgery--Again

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 05:13 pm
@Roberta,
Keep your chin up: We're all rooting for you.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 05:27 pm
@Roberta,
Cripes.

I relate, I may have to argue with the post office as I'm very iffy around the mail box miserable walkway or the almost better road that is still bump city.

I assume a lot of this is normal as things go.

I could kick my crap and useful stuff to a post office box, if I had the money and transportation.

Is there some remedy out there to get rid of sales crap?
Sturgis

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 05:36 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
Is there some remedy out there to get rid of sales crap?

Yes, there is...

www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0262-stopping-unsolicited-mail-phone-calls-and-email

While not perfect, it significantly reduces the absurd levels of useless, unwanted glop.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 06:06 pm
@Sturgis,
Thanks. It's good for five years.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 06:29 pm
@Sturgis,
Thanks a great deal.

I'm also getting almost funny mail for a guy down the street. He is dear to me, helped me at the last, with Katy. I remember him crying. I can cry now, still.

All the stuff sent to them at my address.... is at the wrong address.

I put these on their porch.

One of them sent it back to my porch. I presume he didn't check.

0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 06:48 pm
@Sturgis,
thanks
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 09:52 pm
@Roberta,
Do they know what the balance and pain are from?

Damn ageing!

I wonder if your hospital ever has everyone get together re a complex situation like yours? We did in the hospital I used to work at. They were called sticky bun sessions. All the people involved with a person would get together and try to come up with an opinion and a plan. Eight appointments with eight different people. That's a lot of information coming in from a bunch of people all looking at different bits of you.

Tell them I will order in sticky buns from the best bakery in New York if they have a sticky bun session about you! Or bagels, or hamburgers, or whatever the hell health workers in NYC eat for morning or afternoon tea!

Are you able to get about? Are you able to work at all?

Me? I'm sick to death of perching in damn apartment. It's a perfectly ok apartment but it's full of boxes and clothes on rails. Still haven't found my original underwear. Now I have two lots of underwear. I have all the goddamn cushions from my big sofa, but not the big sofa. I can only have one visitor at a time because there isn't enough seating. There's nowhere to iron. The oven was so filthy when I moved in that I daren't use it in case it smokes so badly it makes the fire alarm go off. If the fire alarm goes off, nothing can stop two big fire engines from coming. I daren't clean it either, because it's a pyrolitic cleaning oven...ie it cleans itself by burning all the crap to a fine ash that you wipe off. Again I worry re fire engines.

House is supposed to be ready around Easter. What does that actually mean? I don't know.

I have conditional approval for a mortgage but they keep asking for more and more and more pieces of paper. I don't DO pieces of paper. I mislaid some pieces when I moved.

Managed to get floorboards changed which is great. I saw a neighbour's floorboards and liked them much better than the ones I chose.

Met my new neighbours and they seem fine.

I am able to drive again.

Sebastian hates where we are with a passion. If only I could tell him it will get better!

It's crazy here. For some reason, the powers that are decided that every March we would have an arts festival, (two arts festivals every second year) a three day music festival and a three day car race all in the middle of the city at the same time.

I live almost in the city and it's chaos. Well, it isn't really, but the road blockages from setting up an inner city road race track have commenced and, although they have happened every year since we first had the Grand Prix Formula one in the middle of the city in the early 80's,, everyone acts as though they never had to manage with half the city streets blocked off before.

My friends and colleagues are in the midst of a puppy/kitten explosion.

I think we have four new kittens and three new puppies happening.

Also babies everywhere.

Roberta

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 10:52 pm
@dlowan,
debbele, If they knew what the balance problem and pain were from, I wouldn't be scheduled for all the tests I'm scheduled for. The month of March will consist of my schlepping back and forth the Bellevue eight times. Thud.

On occasion, there have been major discussions with docs from different departments talking about my situation. I don't know whether this will happen now. My internist gave me the referrals to all the other departments and tests, so I assume everything will run through her.

Although sticky buns sound fine to me, nobody I know has morning or afternoon tea. We'll eat the buns anyway. Thanks for the offer.

I can kind of get around. I'm able to work, but there is no work. I guess I'm retired. If work came along, I'd unretire myself tres fast. I need the money.

I'm sorry to hear that your living conditions are so chaotic and unsettled. Pain in the patoot. I'm glad you're able to drive again. Sorry to hear that Sebastian is unhappy. Why can't you tell him that things will get better? You don't think he'll understand you? So what.

I don't know how you function without an oven. At least you could get a second lot of underwear.

Hang in, kid. It'll be Easter before you know it.

Remember when I was asked to speak at the group thing? Someone from my social services agency informed me that a number of the attendees want to meet me. One couple wants to take me to the Metropolitan Museum. I almost cried. (I guess I was a hit.)
dlowan

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2017 12:37 am
@Roberta,
People wanting to meet you? Of course they do you wally!!! Of course you were a hit!

Can you go? They have wheelchairs and all!! Get them to take you to Pig Heaven after...or a high tea. Make rich friends!!

Glad the dog is helping a bit. I think you maybe need a bigger, wilder dog, deep in your heart?

I have a possible settlement date for new house.

12th April. Not sure if it will happen then, but it suddenly seems real.

I discover Sebastian is happier if I wrestle with him quite vigorously four times a day. He loves being treated quite roughly...and being held upside down and thrown a little bit up in the air. He's weird.

Glad your docs talk to each other. In my hospital, seriously, I have had situations where doctors from ten different departments expect the patient's mum to convey information between doctors. We sometimes have to advocate for what I call a "Fat Controller". You Americans probably don't know Thomas the Tank Engine so you won't know what that means, but it means someone who takes charge of co-ordination of everything.

I have seriously, on more than one occasion, seen kids who thought they were dying because they and their parents had misunderstood what doctors were saying. that has quite an effect, believe me.

Roberta

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2017 06:37 pm
@dlowan,
You know me! Yes, a bigger and wilder dog would be more to my liking. But I love sweet little Mabel. My first experience with a wee dog.

Good luck with the closing. May you get where you wanna be.

I'm not at all surprised that Sebastian likes wrestling. I sometimes watch a tv show called, "My Cat from Hell." One of the things the cat fixer tells people is to exercise the cats until they're tired. Wrestling sounds like a good way to handle the exercise with that meshugina.

There's no guarantee that the docs will talk to each other. This will be on me. I ain't senile yet. And if push comes to shove, I can always complain to the patient advocate. I ain't worried at the moment. So don't you be.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2017 07:08 pm
I am
Roberta

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2017 11:29 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Although part of me is in a constant state of worry, another part is more pragmatic. I don't know what's coming, so we'll see what we'll see.

Sorry you're worrying, kid. You have enough on your plate.
dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 09:20 pm
@Roberta,
How are all these medical assessments going?

Anything useful come out of them so far?
Roberta

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2017 12:11 am
@dlowan,
I had the circulation in my legs checked. I'll get the results on Friday when I see the internist.

I missed the appointment with the eye doc. I don't schlepp around in snow. I have enough trouble getting around without snow.

I see the neurologist tomorrow (Monday). I assume she'll order some tests.

I'm not sure about my appointment with the ear doc. I have to call to confirm.

I have an appointment for physical therapy on March 30.

So basically I don't know nuttin'. But I'm chugging along.

What's up with you, bunny?
George

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2017 06:39 am
@Roberta,
Keep on chuggin'!
Roberta

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2017 03:00 pm
@George,
I'm chugged out. Had to take a cab home.

Saw the neurologist. She thinks that major problem is a vitamin deficiency (b12).

She also found some numbness in my feet. Some strange jumpiness in my reflexes. And lack of coordination on my left side.

In addition to more blood tests, she prescribed Vit B12 (I doubt that my insurance will cover it) and MRIs on my brain and spinal cord.

I see my internist on Friday. I hope to be rechugged by then.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2017 03:29 pm
@Roberta,
Hi - I almost know about this, but I haven't worked in science since 1980.

I think by now I that b-12 deficiency is easy to fix, add the vitamin by pills or food. Also other modes. My boss was a hemotologist, rheumatoloigst, immunologist. I'm not him, but interested.

A lot of grocery stores add milks add it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 04:56 pm
@Roberta,
VIt B 12 is harder to obtain in diet than most B vitamins. I hope it helps you.

I'll be back...gotta go
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 10:15 pm
I got a prescription for the B12. Also got a prescription for aspirin--in case I did have a stroke.

Now I gotta have an MRI on my brain and on my spine and a CAT scan on my chest. (Yes, I glow in the dark.)

Should any of you have to have one of those tests requiring that you lie still, be prepared. As soon as you're all strapped in and the tech tells you not to move, your nose will begin to itch. It will last for the entire test.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 11:00 pm
@Roberta,
Yeah, the still part means aggravation.

With you...