Surgery--Again

Roberta

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 11:04 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm emotionally, psychologically ready. However, I'm not apartmentally ready. I gotta get rid of clutter. Anything lying around is fair game. I gotta dust and vacuum. Vacuuming is a must. Dem dawgs walk around barefoot.

My social services agency left some Christmas presents here for Heaven and Holly. These are absolutely, positively guaranteed to last. I give each of these five minutes, but only if the girls are tired. I once bought them an absolutely, positively indestructible toy. It lasted less than five minutes.

A poem popped into my head when I got the news. I'm now gonna inflict it on you. Don't worry. It's mercifully short.

The goils is coming. Am I happy? Lots!
The goils is coming. I'm trying not to plotz.

I can't tell you how happy I am about this. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
glitterbag

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 11:52 pm
@Roberta,
Don't plotz Boidy, my mother-in-law from farm country in North Carolina used to warn about "I might have fallen out" that was Southern for Plotz.
Roberta

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 05:16 pm
@glitterbag,
It's hard for me to picture plotzing without at least one oy in the mix. However, I take your word for it. After all, theoretically, plotzing is universal.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 07:22 am
@Roberta,
Jane Austen once wrote "Run mad as often as you choose but do not faint."

Listen to Auntie Jane.

Roberta

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 08:26 am
@dlowan,
deb. As far as I know, plotzing may occasionally involve falling down. But the plotzer doesn't lose consciousness.

Edit: I just checked out the definition. The defs are all over the place. Happy, upset, excited, surprised. Exploding, falling down, and fainting. This is news to me.

PS: Say hi to Auntie Jane for me.
dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 09:07 am
@Roberta,
I mainly got fainting. Interesting.

Auntie jane says hi right back. Only she expressed it with far more elegance.
Roberta

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 05:57 pm
@dlowan,
I always thought of plotzing as falling down.

Elegance, shmelegance. Tell Auntie Jane to get down off her high horse and say hi.
dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 07:47 pm
@Roberta,
Auntie Jane said she found it difficult to decipher your meaning.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 07:58 pm
@dlowan,
She didn't know about vacuums then.

(or did she? I'm not conversant with growth in home management over years)
dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 09:25 pm
@ossobuco,
She was writing during the Napoleonic wars. They didn't have electricity.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:44 am
@dlowan,
I figured as much, but didn't remember the years when she wrote. Thanks though.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2016 04:18 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
But the plozter doesn't lose conciousness.

If conciousness was lost, would there even be a reason for plotzing?
Roberta

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:30 pm
@Sturgis,
When you regained consciousness, you could plotz that you were unconscious.

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 12:57 am
I'm just on the verge of understanding 'plotz'.

Way more fun than Googling it.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 02:10 am
I think of plotzing as a response to something good. I don't think of passing out unconscious as good. If you're unconscious, you can't enjoy what you're plotzing about.

Gang, I've been using the word plotz for a very long time. If you pass out, you're beyond plotzing. You fainted. Call 911.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 05:54 pm
The dog visit is over. I tried very hard (and succeeded) in not crying. It was wonderful to see Joanie again. I told her about all the sympathies and kind thoughts (from you guys) from all over the world.

Heaven was a little nuts tonight. I mean more than usual. I gave the dogs their Christmas presents. More nutsiness from Heaven. Holly had one and only one interest. Licking me. How I missed that gawgeous goil. (She's part pointer.)

In addition to ripping her indestructible presents apart, Heaven also ransacked my kitchen. No, Heaven, you can't eat SOS soap pads. And she tried raiding my linen closet. How I missed dem goils.

I told Joanie that true-blue therapy dogs are too well-behaved for my taste. I like excitement and naughtiness. I like putting things back together after they're gone.

Joanie will be back next week. She brought me a chocolate bunny. My social services agency sent me an Easter basket filled with nonfood items.

I'm feeling relaxed. It doesn't happen often enough.

PS: It's no secret that I could never be the owner of such dogs. I'm too lenient--toward dogs and cats.
dlowan

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 06:40 pm
@Roberta,
So glad you enjoyed!!! So glad Joanie will be back next week with the exciting dogs!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 06:50 pm
@Roberta,
Yahoo. Glad it finally happened.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 07:32 pm
@Roberta,
Your post makes me, ok, start to cry, but stop since I am so interested.

I love you, you know that, Robbie. But now - well, I won't make Joanie somehow need to read my regard. It's just there.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2016 05:27 pm
Another dog visit today, and I am mellow. How does it work? Dunno. Two large, meshugina dogs come to visit me, and I am relaxed. And I stay relaxed and smiling.

An interesting phenomenon is taking place. When they're home, Heaven is alpha (she mothered the litter Holly was in which Joanie was fostering). She won't let Holly on the couch to cuddle with Joanie. And Holly doesn't argue. (Point of info: Holly is bigger than Heaven.)

When they're here. Holly moves in first and pushes Heaven away. (Yes, they fight over me.) Joanie is stunned. So is Heaven. She usually backs away, but sometimes she growls. Holly will not back down. She has some serious licking to do, and she will not be denied.

Today, Heaven did some serious growling. Joanie pulled Holly away and held onto her so that Heaven could have her turn.

Another surprise for Joanie. A woman from my social services arrived while the dogs were here. Heaven growled at her. We were all stunned. Joanie thinks it's because Heaven is protective of me.

I love all this stuff. The canine dynamics. The running around. Even the growling.

Love dem dawgs.