Surgery--Again

Izzie

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 04:35 pm
@Roberta,
Well Done Girl - you did all the cr*p stuff today, now... yep - waiting time (I hate the waiting for it to happen - so much better just to get it over and done with a? Like..... "right, you've poked and prodded me, got my blood, got my brain thinking at a million miles an hour, geared me up, twisted my insides, taken my dosh, and made me sign happily for it - for cr*ps sake - just do it and let me get on with it.....")......

however, few more days hun - kvetch away or I shall kvetch for you.... not a good plan!!!!!!!!!!

Hope the sour pickle gave a little sweetener to your day - sleep when you can... just get by as you can - roll on the 8th - done - and onwards. Thinking of you.

Hugs to you Bertie xxxx
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 08:10 pm
lurking and listening - and more hugs!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 10:22 pm
(Aside: I wish I could see the last few replies when I type my response. I always forget someone. Sorry.)

To those who hope I enjoy the pickle, don't worry. I will.

reg, That's a helluva sandwich. But is that a milk shake in the background? With corned beef. Oy abruch.

littlek, I don't know if there are services for getting someone out of the hospital. I have three possible contenders. The problem is that I don't know when I'll be leaving. One contender works full time. Another contender is out of town and is willing to come in to get me home, but which day? The third contender is retired and is in the city. Problem? (isn't there always?) She can't walk well. Her getting to the hospital and then getting to me in the hospital would be a challenge. I might end up helping her out the door.

One more panic attack--wretched retching.
roger

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 11:46 pm
@Roberta,
If it ain't one thing, it's another.
Roberta

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 03:06 am
@roger,
Noticed that, didja Roger? Me too.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 04:57 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
reg, That's a helluva sandwich. But is that a milk shake in the background? With corned beef. Oy abruch.
the waiter claims it's a 'dairy-free malted', whatever that is.
i have my doubts...
Roberta

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 10:43 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Quote:
the waiter claims it's a 'dairy-free malted', whatever that is.
i have my doubts...

I have no objection to mixing dairy and meet. I ain't kosher. My comment was about the choice. Feh.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 12:49 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
I have no objection to mixing dairy and meet. I ain't kosher. My comment was about the choice. Feh.
in that case... Dr. Brown's, all around!
Roberta

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 01:00 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Quote:
in that case... Dr. Brown's, all around!

Excellent choice.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 04:49 pm
Back from the Second Avenue Deli (which is no longer on Second Avenue). Had corned beef on a Kaiser roll, a potato knish, two sour pickles, some cole slaw, gribbinis (sp?), and Dr. Brown root beer.

Good pickles, cole slaw, gribbinis, and knish. Better than good roll. Supoib corned beef. I mean SUPOIB.

Took home a side of kishke. For dinner manana. It should be enough.

This dinner was earlier than most of my breakfasts.

Da best corned beef I've had in many moons. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 05:37 pm
@Roberta,
No, the 2nd Avenue Deli is no longer on 2nd Avenue. But it IS on toid avenoo and toity toid street. I think that it was a stroke of genius for the owners of the deli to open their new restaurant at that particular address!! Laughing
roger

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 09:27 pm
@Phoenix32890,
That does it, Phoenix. I'm thinking of doing something drastic.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 10:30 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:

No, the 2nd Avenue Deli is no longer on 2nd Avenue. But it IS on toid avenoo and toity toid street. I think that it was a stroke of genius for the owners of the deli to open their new restaurant at that particular address!! Laughing

You think they did that on poipose?

Does anyone now living actually talk that way?

My parents did, as did many in their generation. But nowadays? I don't hear toity toid and toid anymore. But what does a Raboita know?
Borat Sister

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:13 pm
@Roberta,
waboita wrote wrote:
.But what does a Raboita know?

More than a Wabbit, and Wabbits know a LOT.
Roberta

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:10 am
@Borat Sister,
Borat Sister wrote:

waboita wrote wrote:
.But what does a Raboita know?

More than a Wabbit, and Wabbits know a LOT.

Dat was in the olden days. Now Raboita is a know-nuttin'. Well, maybe not nuttin', but I'm getting there.

Big sigh.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 01:24 am
@Roberta,
Translator! I need are translator!
What exactly have you been eating at the the Second Avenue Deli, Roberta?
Those "kishke" thingies, for example ... Wink
dlowan

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 02:44 am
@msolga,
Is that short for kischke her ass?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 03:24 am
@msolga,
Another name for kishke is stuffed derma. It's casings filled with a stuffing. Kinda like sausage but no meat. Comes with gravy.

You watch your mouth there, Miss Bunny.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 06:12 am
Not sleeping. Stewing, fretting, worrying. Not surprising. I've got cancer. I've got surgery scheduled for this coming Monday. Makes sense to stew, fret, and worry. 'Cept that's not what I'm worrying about! I'm worrying about money!

Friends tell me to stop. Worry later about money. How? How can I not worry about being evicted?

Sorry, I'm being a pain in the ass. Too nuts to reason with. If I remember, I worry about the surgery. The anesthesia and my asthma. My mouth not being big enough for the tube. Immediate health issues. Otherwise I obsess about money.

Ignore me. I'm a lunatic--but lovable.
Izzie

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 06:15 am
@Roberta,
Very lovable...

can't stop worrying when you're worrying...

hugs to you xxxx