It was next to my glasses..
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 01:48 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Great!!!

Where was it?

On the floor next to a mouse trap. At first I thought it was a greenified mouse. Nope. Jade pachyderm.
dlowan

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 01:54 am
@Roberta,
That mouse did that!
Roberta

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 02:04 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

That mouse did that!

You think Herbie tried to get the elephant caught in a trap? I don't think Herbie is here. Could be wrong. Hope I'm right.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 08:30 am
Refrigerator is misbehaving. Hoping to get things fixed before the entire freezer goes soft on me. Can't afford to replace all that food! The super is working on it. Also trying to get my light switch fixed in the bedroom.

Cancelled a doctor's appointment so I could be here re the frig.

Aggravating. But I have to admit that it's nice to have something wrong with something other than me.

Still, fix the frig before I lose all that food.
Roberta

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 04:14 pm
Light in the bedroom. Hot dogs for dinner tonight. Why? They defrosted.

Almost done with cleaning the living room. Sparkling stuff in here. Do I feel another drawing coming on?

Next up. The linen closet. Thud-worthy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 04:27 pm
@Roberta,
I soooo sympathize.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 09:11 pm
My refrigerator has a new motor. Is it working? Can't tell yet. I ate two hot dogs for dinner and threw out the rest. (Offered the rest to the repairman; not interested.) My bread products are all soft and mushy. I had ice cream soup for dessert.

Turned the light on in the bedroom and laughed out loud.

Still worried about the fridge. We'll see.

Yes, still me. Still worrying. Thing is, the damned thing is so quiet, I can't tell what's happening. But it seems cold.

Suppressing a kvetch. I wanted a low, full philodendron. Wandered the neighborhood forlorn. Checked out online sites. Should this be such a challenge? Oh, it has to be cheap, too. Couldn't find what I wanted even for not cheap. Where's Woolworth's when you need it? Tsk.

ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 09:27 pm
@Roberta,
I had moldy homemade pate when my refrigerator pooped, don't whine at me!!

Hey, Robbie, long may your refrigerator live..
Roberta

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 10:38 am
@ossobuco,
It seems to be working fine. No great losses on the defrost front.

Appliance comment. Last year I had my stove repaired. The repairman comes in and says, "Oh, this is a good stove." Last night the refrigerator guy comes in and says, "This is a good refrigerator." I asked about that. Mentioned the stove comment. Frig guys says that the older ones are usually the better ones.

I've been in my apartment for over thirty years. I've had the stove repaired once. And how many times for the frig? Once. Not bad.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 04:05 pm
The frig is better than new, but there's a black dust that settled all over the kitchen--from moving the damned thing. A blight on my landscape.

Just finished polishing some brass.
dlowan

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 04:45 pm
@Roberta,
Polishing?

This iss gut!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 05:50 pm
@Roberta,
Looks like the kitchen's gonna get another makeover - clean shiny stove in the making Wink

'eh, not bad, 30 years for a fridge goil Shocked

glad you're back up and running now and will have frozen food again.

oooooooooooooooooooh, I have some little brass pieces of "tut" which belonged to my grandmother - a flamingo, toitle and some little pots... they are kinda hidden behind the TV and have never been polished - so, if you're up to a cyber polish.... feel free Razz They're some of those things I just can't get rid of... never will, they just stay in the room so I know she's around. She was a very wonderful lady.

Do you have art tomorrow? If so, I wonder what will come to your mind.

I thought a lot about what you said the other day, about how you weren't going for the end result...... and you are quite right, when I snap pics it's all about the visual I'm getting, or rather, only focusing on that, seeing and hearing nothing else, and then getting it on the computer to see if I captured what I was seeing in my mind..... and therefore, the end result is hugely important to me for taking the pics, to show how it feels to me to see those tiny flowers, or whatever I'm snapping. Yep, for me, the end result is maybe just as important as the focus of the "taking" the pic. I'm in a very closed off world with my camera - nothing enters it except for what's in front of the lens - hugely peaceful.... but seeing the pic again and putting my visual on it, perhaps altering the colour, cropping the photo... that's verra important too.

Interesting how we deal with things differently and similarly to express the feelings.

Glad the cleansing is still in action - that's a real good sign. Nice and clean.... clean slate to start the next chapter... you're starting to write the next part of your life...

so pleased you found Jade Nellie Very Happy

love you x
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 11:29 pm
Herbie was a reader? I moved the couch to clean behind there. Found a book on the floor. Never bought it; never read it. That Herbie was one smart rodent.

I've overdone it. Cleaning fluids have left me completely voiceless. Completely. I've been wearing a mask. Not good enough. I must back off.

Since I still have energy, I'll do stuff that doesn't require cleaning fluids. I'll tackle the linen closet and the bedroom closet and bureaus.

Waaaaaah. Come back voice.

Sheila is coming by tomorrow to help me hang stuff up. I hope I can talk by then. She may also be bringing me a philodendrum. She's an amazing kid.

Izzie, The difference between what you're doing and what I'm doing is significant. You're photography is absolutely art. What I'm doing has little to do with art. It's therapy through form and color. With art--painting, photography, sculpture, etc.--the result is what counts. In art therapy, it's the process that is meaningful.

When I took my painting classes, I focused on and struggled with what things looked like. Wanted them to look right. With art therapy, I don't care what things look like (not an easy place to get to for me). Choosing a color and running with it. Feeling it. Not worrying about it. This is what has helped me.

I've learned about myself. Many things. And things have been revealed to me. Love this stuff.

BTW, I've learned that, according to my color choices, purple is my essence, green is my personality, and yellow/gold is my intelligence.

I drew something very simple in green. Very simple. The therapist asked me about it. I said, "It's me." Not art. Definitely therapy.

Can't tell you how much we talked about that goofy stove. Many revelations. Lots of meaning.

dlowan

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 01:47 am
@Roberta,
Love this stuff about your art therapy!!!

roger

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 02:13 am
@dlowan,
Oddly perhaps, but I like the updates on Herbie.
Roberta

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 03:20 am
deb, Glad you find it interesting. Worried a bit about revealing too much. What the hell.

Roger, Herbie hung out under the couch. There's a book that's not mine under the couch. You don't have to be Shoilock Holmes to figure this one out.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 12:22 pm
@Roberta,
Not to nudge, but have you opened a window?
roger

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 12:25 pm
@ossobuco,
What good is a window going to do? Herbie likes it where he is.
0 Replies