Woman kicked off flight for inappropriate attire

Wilso

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 03:50 am
Did they make the apology because their actions were clearly wrong, or did they act like most corporate "citizens" and ignored it until such time as it caused them bad publicity?
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 10:13 am
For Kicky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ojm1OxWNTI

In one of the interviews, she said that after being "scolded" she adjusted her top and skirt....pulled the top up, and the skirt down...as much as she could, so I would assume she was showing more than what we are seeing in the pictures. But even then, unless she threw one leg over the armrest, I don't see it being a big deal once she was seated....underwear, or the lack of has not been mentioned.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 10:45 am
OK, I think I see what the problem might have been.

Notice on what appears to be the top of her skirt where the snap for the skirt and where the belt loops are. They are even with where her wrists hang.

If that's the case, it would make that skirt ride very low on the hips. You can cleary see were her hip bones are slightly below her elbow level.

If you look at the shirt she's wearing, she's got it pulled down over the top of the skirt. To me, that t-shirt type top looks too tight to stay down by itself, and looks likely to ride up.

Taking all that into consideration, it might be that they were no so concerned with how short the skirt was, but how low it was riding along with how high the t-shirt was creeping up.

If that's the case, I'd have to admit that would look a little too provocative for public day attire.

http://www.jaunted.com/files/admin/kylaskirt.png
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 11:54 am
if an airline stopped me from getting to a doctor's appointment (okay, i admit, i just now wondered what kind of "appointment" it was...) over what i was wearing, i'd be pretty inclined to never do business with them.

it's bad enough that people can't smoke on planes. (i'm a nonsmoker, but why can't they have smoking flights? they can still have an air marshal on them... Rolling Eyes) we really don't need people being the fashion police on them.

was the flight from new york, where it's been ruled unconstitutional to arrest someone in public for being topless? no, i seem to recall not.

i don't actually care if they apologized as damage control/business or out of decency, if we needed to force them, it was successful.

i am amused that this is one more crisis that "remembering where your towel is" would have solved instantly. trillian's miniskirt would have never gotten her thrown off a flight.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 12:06 pm
Re the smoking issue...

I'm not sure that's logistically possible any more.

Smoking planes would have to be strictly used for that purpose, and couldn't be switched out in a pinch for a non-smoking flight. No amount of cleaning or air freshener would work completely.

People would have more trouble getting the flights they needed/wanted.

It would come down to having to have a double fleet of planes.

Anyway, back to the girl...I don't think the airlines should be the fashion police either. However, there's always "the rest of the story" as Paul Harvey says.

From my observations in my previous post, it may not have been a simple issue of a short skirt.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 12:09 pm
i'll give you that, and i've really already conceded the loss for smokers, but it's funny that we seem to be this bent on a woman being modest in a country where we're fighting and dying for the secular freedom of other countries- "i'm sorry ma'am, we can't let women on board without their heads covered."

i mean the principle is the same to me, i agree there's additional context in every story. in fact it's amazing what it takes to um, expose that context, usually. maybe not this time? Smile
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 02:20 pm
2PacksAday wrote:
For Kicky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ojm1OxWNTI

In one of the interviews, she said that after being "scolded" she adjusted her top and skirt....pulled the top up, and the skirt down...as much as she could

Indicating that the top was down (breast baring, perhaps) and the skirt was up (cheek baring, perhaps). The current pictures show nothing out of the ordinary, but a girl can do a lot with 'adjustments'.

Good to see you posting again, 2Packs!
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 11:38 pm
Yeah that's how I took it, cleavage (she did deny showing cleavage though} and a little too much leg, or maybe more than leg {which I have not seen mentioned anywhere officially, only by speculators} but the way she is built...decent hips, thin legs + mini skirt tends to = an eye full.

This is one of those stories that gets spun a bit, for instance, the header often reads....."Woman not allowed on plane..." or something similar, but she was actually seated and listening to the flight instructions when she was first approached.

Eh, she got to be on tv.

-----

Thanks J!
0 Replies