My son hates his teacher

littlek

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 06:06 pm
Maybe those could used as backup activities.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 06:19 pm
Skipping a few posts to answer, free duck. When I was a child, it - apparently to me now - was not such a terrible thing to take your child out of school for a bit. I'll admit to a now-seeming-odd childhood, but I was missing something like 2/3 of kindergarten, months in fourth grade where I was in some commercials and only had some state or city board instructor for a few minutes, but also went to a school for a while almost a continent away; trips for relatives' funerals during school time, and even in seventh grade, missing time while my dad did some research in Ohio. So when people on a2k worry about a day off, I think, TAKE the day off, especially in a kind of trying time, for parent child connection. I know routine is important, but it isn't the timeclock of life. Not to promote this as a promiscuous use, but not to think of a day off as impossible, ever, given reveiw of the child's week, etc.

A day in the history museum, and lunch, not rushed, midweek, might become a long time memory for kiddo.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 06:43 am
I agree, osso. Structure and consistency are good, but so is breaking out of the rut now and again.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 05:05 am
So how's your son getting along at school now, Freeduck? I'd be interested to hear if things have improved for him. (Hope so!)
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 09:11 am
There is some improvement. The teacher had her baby the day after I talked to her, so he has a long term substitute. Initially, it was the same story (she's mean, not fair, etc...) but now he's rather fond of her and says he likes her better than the first. She's a bit older and has something like 15 years of teaching under her belt. It's also gotten a little bit harder -- harder spelling words, more research type projects, and some serious grammar. I don't think I learned what a predicate was in 2nd grade. But he's getting along fine. Thanks for checking!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 10:33 am
FreeDuck--

Good. One less thing to worry about.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 04:47 am
That's good news, Freeduck. Here's hoping it continues!
0 Replies