Insecurities at age 24

bubbly08

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 11:22 am
lol...that was funny happytaffy! I agree with you, but not a lot of people need to work out. I'm 23 and I mostly eat anything I want and don't even go to the gym or work out and I don't gain weight!!!!
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 11:31 am
well bubbly08 .. i officially hate u Wink just kidding im just jealous
0 Replies

Jonsey

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 11:32 am
Re: Insecurities at age 24
Mariceloverthere wrote:
My friend is very insecure. She just turned 24 and since 2 months ago she noticed she is beginning to lose the elastic of her skin and her muscles are looser. Her body isn't as firm anymore as it was when she was younger. She is a bit scared- she thinks she is aging a bit fast.
She thinks she doesn't look as attractive as she did at 17-21. And she says she can't stand to be around 19 year old girls or girls younger than that because she feels a bit jealous of their youth. Somebody told her "Younger women are sexier than 25 year olds because they have firmer bodies and tighter skin. Women begin to go physically downhill badly at 23." She didn't live her youth to the fullest due to many emotional problems and abuse from others. Now that she is getting old- she feels regret and she hates younger girls. She wishes she can be physically 19 again. What do you think of her situation?

This is normal.. but 24 is way too young to be jealous of a 19-year old. There's still lots of things someone can do to feel good about themselves at 24. A 19-year old (or younger) still has a roaring metabolism... most people can't keep that up forever. Plus, 24-year olds have a maturity that 19-year olds can't even comprehend - there's a distinct tradeoff.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 01:56 pm
bubbly08 wrote:
lol...that was funny happytaffy! I agree with you, but not a lot of people need to work out. I'm 23 and I mostly eat anything I want and don't even go to the gym or work out and I don't gain weight!!!!

Wait about 2 years and come back and say that.

I'd be really suprised if you could.
0 Replies

bubbly08

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 02:09 pm
Well Bella Dea, don't jinx me, lol...j/k, I know I will still look good in two years from now, better yet, I am going to look extra good! Smile
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 02:40 pm
bubbly08 wrote:
Well Bella Dea, don't jinx me, lol...j/k, I know I will still look good in two years from now, better yet, I am going to look extra good! Smile

Not that you won't....it's just most people start to "go down hill" around age 25. Your body starts changing. I used to be like you, eat anything not gain an ounce. And then I got into my late 20's and that all changed.

Most of my friends are the same way.
0 Replies

bubbly08

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 03:53 pm
You're right and wrong at the same time. There are people that their bodies change once they hit a certain age, but then again you have those that have a fast metabolism and their bodies remain the same. People used to tell me when I turned 21 that in two years I'd better watch out waht I eat, but now I'm 23 and still enjoying the foods that I love to eat! I guess it's different for everybody. Thanks for the info. Bella Dea!
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 04:09 pm
now i know why i can only get with older women, they feel insecure. so much for my ego Sad
0 Replies

bubbly08

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 05:56 pm
You're funny OGIONIK, :-), but don't say that, ALWAYS think positive.
0 Replies