Insecurities at age 24

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 07:46 pm
My friend is very insecure. She just turned 24 and since 2 months ago she noticed she is beginning to lose the elastic of her skin and her muscles are looser. Her body isn't as firm anymore as it was when she was younger. She is a bit scared- she thinks she is aging a bit fast.
She thinks she doesn't look as attractive as she did at 17-21. And she says she can't stand to be around 19 year old girls or girls younger than that because she feels a bit jealous of their youth. Somebody told her "Younger women are sexier than 25 year olds because they have firmer bodies and tighter skin. Women begin to go physically downhill badly at 23." She didn't live her youth to the fullest due to many emotional problems and abuse from others. Now that she is getting old- she feels regret and she hates younger girls. She wishes she can be physically 19 again. What do you think of her situation?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,697 • Replies: 28
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 07:50 pm
This sounds oddly familiar..
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 08:05 pm
A) She's a female, 99% are insecure at that age.
B) She needs to get her ass in the gym and lift weights. There are women in their 40's who still have hot bodies.
C) She sounds pretty screwed up. Probably an ex-girlfriend of mine.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 08:22 pm
I suggest she do some volunteer work at a local hospital taking care of young people who have survived terrible accidents or who have lost limbs and beauty due to diseases or birth defects. Maybe she should help women who have had acid thrown in their faces by jealous boyfriends or by family members who believe they have shamed the family. She needs to put her ego and the world into perspective.
0 Replies

Mariceloverthere

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 08:27 pm
There's this 19 year old girl who's always around her and she knows if she herself was her age- this girl wouldn't be more attractive than her. She said "Maybe if I was her age right now- I'd be even more attractive than her!" When she was younger people told her she has beautiful legs. Now her legs don't look great anymore from age and she can't stand the sight of this 19 year old girl who looks nice and leggy in denim shorts.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 08:54 pm
Hell, she might as well get married. She's over the hill now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 09:02 pm
Maybe I'm dreaming. I feel like I read a very similar post a couple of days ago. Enough that I've searched a bit to find it, and can't.

Uh oh.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 09:22 pm
There was a thread started a few years ago by a twenty-something who was wringing her hands about aging prematurely, and blaming God for it, saying that God wanted her to marry an older guy, but she didn't want to.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56224&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
0 Replies

Mariceloverthere

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 11:57 pm
InfraBlue, are all people at age 24 over the hill? Shocked
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 02:51 am
If this is really a friend of yours, tell her to get a grip!

If it is you, let me tell you to get a grip!

Beauty is (and has always been) in the eye of the beholder.

I am 36 and my husband tells me constantly that I am beautiful and hot.
I don't totally agree with him, but I don't mind him telling me, either! :wink:

Of course, there are woman around, that are more beautiful and whose skin is firmer. Some of them are even older than me!

So what???
Is that what I am supposed to define myself by?
NO WAY!

I have no time to waste by crying over spilt milk.
I am the person to clean it up and get on with life.

This is me, warts and all, if somebody does not like it, they don't have to come and drink my beer!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 06:23 am
Obviously this woman is insecure--but confident enough to talk on and on and on about her "aging" body.

She needs perspective--which might come with age (or as GreenWitch suggests, a good look around). Counselling might help. Taking courses to improve her mind might give her a more intellectual focus for her gloomy speculation.

I don't always agree with Slappy, but in this case he's right. If she's unhappy about the ravages of time, she should go to the gym and exercise. This will postpone the inevitable.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 10:47 am
Mirror Mirror on the wall who is the vainest one of all?

Jeepers I'm 44 - I look better than some 24 year olds and some over 50 look better than me - who the h*ll cares?

Do you like yourself? Are you healthy? The rest is all gravy.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 11:16 am
Bohne wrote:
If this is really a friend of yours, tell her to get a grip!

If it is you, let me tell you to get a grip!

Beauty is (and has always been) in the eye of the beholder.

I am 36 and my husband tells me constantly that I am beautiful and hot.
I don't totally agree with him, but I don't mind him telling me, either! :wink:

Of course, there are woman around, that are more beautiful and whose skin is firmer. Some of them are even older than me!

So what???
Is that what I am supposed to define myself by?
NO WAY!

I have no time to waste by crying over spilt milk.
I am the person to clean it up and get on with life.

This is me, warts and all, if somebody does not like it, they don't have to come and drink my beer!

Excellent answer Bohne! Good for you & your husband - I suspect that the 2 of you will grow very old together and much in love! :wink:
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 01:14 pm
Mariceloverthere wrote:
InfraBlue, are all people at age 24 over the hill? Shocked

Yep. Twenty-four is just 12 months away from twenty-five, A QUARTER OF A CENTURY.
0 Replies

bubbly08

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 09:06 am
No, I don't think that at age 24 you're over the hill. At least not in my case, I'm 23 years old and not to be cocky, but I still look good. People from work admire my body and my youthfulness. I'm really proud of myself for looking this good. My boyfriend is 28 and he also looks good for his age. I think it all depends on the way you take care of yourself. Tell your friend to start feeling good about herself and to not worry about the physical part of her. She could be worse, but she's not. She has good health, i hope, and she is still young. When I turn 24, if God forbids, I will act like a 24 year old and go on with my life. Look at the bright side, at least she's not 40. She still has a long life to live. Always think positive and always smile!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 09:31 am
That is so young.
If she's pissed about her body now, tell her to wait 10 years.

23 is still a baby. 30 is young. 40 is a teenager.

It's all about perspective.
0 Replies

bubbly08

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 10:00 am
Bella Dea wrote:
That is so young.
If she's pissed about her body now, tell her to wait 10 years.

23 is still a baby. 30 is young. 40 is a teenager.

It's all about perspective.

I totally agree with you!
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 11:27 pm
Green Witch wrote:
I suggest she do some volunteer work at a local hospital taking care of young people who have survived terrible accidents or who have lost limbs and beauty due to diseases or birth defects. Maybe she should help women who have had acid thrown in their faces by jealous boyfriends or by family members who believe they have shamed the family. She needs to put her ego and the world into perspective.

No kidding.

The one that was very effective for me was some time at the Children's Burn Ward.

Talk about perspective, baby.

On a side, the women I see who had great legs tend to continue to have great legs so long as they don't completely abuse their bodies.
Great legs seem to go on and on.

I know the women in my family still have killer legs in their 50's so that is not a thing I am worried about. :wink:
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 12:40 am
I wouldn't be so quick to be harsh on the girl - excessive worrying about beauty and aging (at the age of only 24) is rather likely a symptom of much deeper problems.

As age advances, so should the beauty of the heart, soul, spirit, and mind...and the meaning of such things should grow with it. If not, then problems exist that are preventing the person from taking that path, developing and growing in beauty of a different kind.
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 11:11 am
OH NO I just turned 24 and I'm not married . who will love me in my old age now ????

I had a cab driver once tell me to hurry up and get married because the older i get the worse I will look and the less men will want me so I better get the man while I am young and since he had been married 20 years i should listen to him.... and when i asked him if he had ever cheated on his wife .. he said yes but its different for men... oh that was a nice laugh at the time ...

sounds like a winner i should be listening to...

24 is not old ... wait until u r 34 or 44 or 54 .. enjoy it while its here and stop crying about it ... oh and try going to the gym... not too many people can look hot as they get older without some work.. either u can cry about it or do something about it ...facts of life
0 Replies