Head games

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 11:59 am
My husband plays games. Things can be going really great between us and then something will start bothering him and he withdraws and acts cold and unfeeling towards me. I will ask him what is wrong and he will insist that everything is fine. Even tho it is obvious that it's not. Then after a few days or sometimes weeks of his coldness then he admits that something was bothering him. The last time this happened I begged him to tell me what was wrong so we could talk it over and work it out. He would not tell me. He kept saying nothing is wrong. Then, last Sat. he finally admited that he was mad because he thought I wasn't working enough........if he would have just told me in the beginning we could have talked it out. Instead he waits until I'm all upset and anxious. I think he likes to see me twist and turn and get all upset..........I really hate him for what he does to me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,524 • Replies: 27
No top replies

Chai

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 12:05 pm
This is what you do stella....

The next time he gets all quiet like that, don't bother to ask him if anything is wrong. Don't even indicate you notice anything different.

It takes 2 to play games.

People like that get off on know they have the power to make someone else ask them what's wrong, "begging" them to open up.

Look at it this way...

He can give you the silent treatment for 2 weeks, and you can let it eat your lunch.

Or, he can give you the silent treatment for 2 weeks, and you can let him decide when he wants to grow up.

That's all I have to say about that.
0 Replies

stella58

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 12:34 pm
It's really hard for me to do that...........I just want this marriage to work SO BAD. We have been married for a year and a half and he has always done things like this to me. I do everything for this marriage. I do all the house work and the yard work, plus I work 30 to 35 hours a week. But it's not enough. I can't spend my money on anything I want to because it can set him off again. He uses his affections as a weapon. If I do something he doesn't like he withdraws and ignores me. If he's happy with me he tells me he loves me.....if he's not he doesn't.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 12:37 pm
Next time he does it, threaten to withhold sex until he talks to you.

By the way, Chai, who is that unbelievable super-babe in your avatar? Wow. Stunning. I'm getting wood just looking at that picture.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 12:40 pm
kickycan wrote:
Next time he does it, threaten to withhold sex until he talks to you.

By the way, Chai, who is that unbelievable super-babe in your avatar? Wow. Stunning. I'm getting wood just looking at that picture.

That was me about 14 years ago.

I look pretty much the same now, only fatter.

I've got another shot of me at around that age over on the picture gallery thread....along with Mr. Tea when he was in his early 20's.

He looks like some sexy pychopathic axe murderer. I get hot just thinking about it.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 12:48 pm
Oh my god. You're fat now too? My dream come true is what you are! Too bad you're married and probably not into repugnant pig-like men with no tact or class. We coulda had something real special.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 12:52 pm
Whaddaya mean "fat now too?"

what else am I too?

You better talk or I'll punch you right in the throat.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 12:55 pm
Stella--

Welcome to A2K.

Quote:
It's really hard for me to do that...........I just want this marriage to work SO BAD. We have been married for a year and a half and he has always done things like this to me. I do everything for this marriage. I do all the house work and the yard work, plus I work 30 to 35 hours a week. But it's not enough. I can't spend my money on anything I want to because it can set him off again. He uses his affections as a weapon. If I do something he doesn't like he withdraws and ignores me. If he's happy with me he tells me he loves me.....if he's not he doesn't.

You don't like the way your husband withholds his love as punishment. You want him to change. You're tired of the game.

BUT..............

You don't want to change. You just want the marriage to work your way.

Chai is right. It takes Two to Tango. You married this guy knowing that he liked making you abase yourself and jump through emotional hoops. You played his games.

Now you don't want to do this any more, You want him to change--unilaterally--so you don't have to play the games that you tacitly agreed to.

Marriages don't work like that.

You and your husband have a problem communicating. Counselling would help here. Perhaps he figured out his games all by himself--perhaps they were games his parents played.

If he doesn't want to go, go yourself. You need to figure out why you thought that a wedding ring was worth being bullied and why you've put up with the bullying as long as you have.

Why is it so important that this marriage works?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 01:02 pm
I'm not going to talk to kicky for 2 weeks because he called me fat too

I don't care about being fat.

I just don't like thinking about what else I am too

kicky, you blew it, it could have been be-you-T-full.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 01:04 pm
I'm fine

Nothing wrong at all

Just fine
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 01:05 pm
Chai wrote:
Whaddaya mean "fat now too?"

what else am I too?

You better talk or I'll punch you right in the throat.

I mean that you're such a hottie in that picture that I thought you couldn't possibly get any more hot, and then you go and tell me that you've fattened up as well, making you, in my eyes, even more incredibly hot. Chunky asses and curvy bodies are sexy as hell.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 01:06 pm
for the record, miss tea is not fat, and still quite a hottie.

be happy kicky... be verrrrrrrry happy
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 01:06 pm
Stella, what you describe has a name. It's called emotional abuse.

Types of Emotional Abuse

Abusive Expectations

* The other person places unreasonable demands on you and wants you to put everything else aside to tend to their needs.
* It could be a demand for constant attention, or a requirement that you spend all your free time with the person.
* But no matter how much you give, it's never enough.
* You are subjected to constant criticism, and you are constantly berated because you don't fulfill all this person's needs...

Read more here or google emotional abuse for more information, links, support groups. If you allow your husband to keep behaving this way, eventually you'll be stripped of any self confidence, feeling of self worth, independence... It doesn't have to be that way. I bet you don't feel happy when your husband plays games. You can be happy. It's a choice, choice with consequences.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 01:11 pm
oh....ok then.

shewolf is one fine sexy biotch too.

I'm going to go eat a big mac.

They go straight to my ass.
0 Replies

stella58

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 01:22 pm
My husband gets angry because I vote and am interested in politics.....he thinks it's stupid. I like to watch football because my son goes to a big ten university and I like to follow the team.......that pisses him off because he thinks that's stupid too. If we spend money it's only spent on things for us or things for him. If I spend money on me it makes him angry. As long as I keep things smooth for him then the marriage is good. Yes, I see that it is as much my fault as it is his because I've been stupid enough to put up with it. I hate myself for that. I am so unhappy I have wished at times I was dead. Thank God my children love me....and my dogs too.....I want this marriage to work because it's my second one and to tell you the truth....I love my husband. I don't know why I do. That's probably wrong too.......he's a prick. Sometimes I wish he would drop off the face of this planet. If I could go back in time I would never have agreed to go on that first date with him........
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 01:29 pm
Stella--

You can't erase the past, but you can choose your future.

Make an appointment with a counsellor. Would you rather be single and happy or married and miserable?
0 Replies

stella58

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 10:09 am
I know you are all right when you say he is abusive and I know that I need to get out. It's not going to be something I can do quickly. I need to make some financial decisions. I'm going to have problems in that area. It will be worth it. I read up on emotional abuse and just about everything fits. He has taken everything I love and made a mockery of all of it. Everything that makes me happy is 'stupid'. I hate myself for letting this happen. I'll never trust another person with my heart again that's for sure.............
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 11:08 am
Stella - You aren't likely to "get this" right now, but hopefully one day soon you will.

HE didn't do anything that YOU didn't allow.

He can't make a mockery of everything you love without you letting him do so. What if you had taken a "Screw you" attitude when he said something about you watching football?

When he complained about you spending money on something for yourself, what if you responded with "Hey, I work, too. If I want to buy something for myself knowing it's not going to break the bank, I will."

Having said that, saying you hate yourself for allowing this to happen is not productive. You're reinforcing his attitude that you are worthless. YOU ARE NOT WORTHLESS!!!

Come on, girlfriend. Pick yourself up and dust off. I've got a nice sidewalk here you can join me on that leads to new beginnings. A little sidetrack here and there in life is perfectly normal. Start standing up for yourself, gaining confidence, knowing you are worthy.

Spill it out here and we'll help you through.
0 Replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 11:20 am
Here, I'll simplify matters...

If someone is obviously playing "head games" with you... run away... far FAR away!

It means that person has mental problems that probably can't be fixed.
0 Replies

stella58

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 11:45 am
He didn't start out this way. He was VERY charming in the beginning. And he still is.......as long as everything is going his way. He really changed alot after we were married. That's when the nasty comments about my hobbies and interests started. It's almost like he thought that the marriage licence was going to erase me and everything I love and replace it with everything and only things that he approved of. It has been a subtle but deliberate crushing of ME. I'm really beginning to hate him. Thank you all for listening. I am feeling so bad about my life and myself. It helps to vent and get advice.
0 Replies