B-52 flew across the US 'in nuclear cargo error'

squinney

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 06:07 am
I know where some of the nuclear warheads are. We partied at the missil sights in high school.

Meet me at E-5 tonight and we'll share a bottle of Strawberry Hill.

s(we'll have to share cause a bottle is three dollars and I've only got 50 cents left from lunch money)quinney
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 08:04 am
Joe Nation wrote:
It's not that difficult here, Walter.

Strategic Weapons Facility, Pacific (SWFPAC)
Bangor, Washington
47°44'45"N 122°43'40"W

Joe(You just have to know what to ask.)Nation
Did you get this on the internet Laughing
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 08:07 am
The really scary part is that NESSG (nuke explosion safety study group) cannot guarantee that , under specific circumstances one out of 6 bombs couldnt go off were a plane wreck to occur with nukes on board. GOOD THING THYE ONLY HAD 5.
We live in a fools paradise and believe all these "experts" in charge.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 07:35 pm
The article was much ado about nothing.

A reaction to it is much ado about nothing.

It was from the Army Times. Give me a break. The first rule of journalism is don't air dirty linen. Whoever the article was intended for got the message.

Everyone else can relax.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 07:48 pm
What was the message?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 07:51 pm
Rolling Eyes
Yeh right. At least the closest nuke SAC base is GRiffis at Rome NY. Theyfly the polar route (I thin k were still targeting everything at Russia until the next president takes over.).

We have all these damn weapons, we needs to use em.Omaha's as good as Smolensk.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 08:01 pm
squinney wrote:
What was the message?

I wouldn't know the message. Whoever was supposed to get the message, got it. If you were supposed to get the message it would have been written to you.

Did you understand what I originally said? Re-read the entire post, please.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 08:17 pm
whatever you say foofie---its goofy.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 08:18 pm
Saying it was published in Army Times to "get a message across to the person(s) that needed to get it... " That's about the stupidist thing I've heard.

How about a direct message, like "Hey, dumbass. You f*cked up and we're taking a stripe/star/bar/whatever AND you can clean the latreens for the next month. Now, drop and give me 50." That would get the message across.

Surely you aren't suggesting the message was for another country. If so, the message was "We don't have a clue what we're doing."

It was just the military playing message games? Riiiight.

BTW, when did the first rule of journalism become "don't air dirty laundry?"
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 08:19 pm
foofie wrote :

Quote:
The article was much ado about nothing.

A reaction to it is much ado about nothing.

It was from the Army Times. Give me a break. The first rule of journalism is don't air dirty linen. Whoever the article was intended for got the message.

Everyone else can relax.

thanx for those reassuring words , foofie .
pls notify "bomber command" never to misdirect those b-52's with those harmless thingies on board to fly over canada .
i'm sure you prefer to keep them on your side of the border -
and so do i !
thanks much !
hbg

btw AAA will supply triptricks to members free of charge . wouldn't want the bomber crews to say : "how were we supposed to know it was canada ? " .
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 08:26 pm
squinney wrote:
Saying it was published in Army Times to "get a message across to the person(s) that needed to get it... " That's about the stupidist thing I've heard.

How about a direct message, like "Hey, dumbass. You f*cked up and we're taking a stripe/star/bar/whatever AND you can clean the latreens for the next month. Now, drop and give me 50." That would get the message across.

Surely you aren't suggesting the message was for another country. If so, the message was "We don't have a clue what we're doing."

It was just the military playing message games? Riiiight.

BTW, when did the first rule of journalism become "don't air dirty laundry?"

that's my girl..... Very Happy
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 10:28 pm
Foofie wrote:
squinney wrote:
What was the message?

I wouldn't know the message. Whoever was supposed to get the message, got it. If you were supposed to get the message it would have been written to you.

I understood what you wrote.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 05:03 am
TTH wrote:
Foofie wrote:
squinney wrote:
What was the message?

I understood what you wrote.

This is really getting good. Let's see:

There was a message in the mission.
Foofie wouldn't know what that message is or was, but knows there is/was one. Everybody got that?

Okay.

There was a message, definitely, absolutely, positively, pretty sure.
Now, was the message only in the mission?
In other words, was the commission of the mission the missive,
or would we have missed the mission and the message
if the first rule of journalism hadn't been violated?

(please pass the Tide.)

TIME magazine and the Tide (New Liquid Now on Sale!) wait for no man.

Hmmm. Who is this no man? Is he the Real Nowhere Man spoken of by the Prophet John living in his nowhere land making all his nowhere plans for nobody? And are they really for nobody?

And why should I have to answer my own questions?

I read the article backwards- it says 'Paul is dead.'
What could that mean to this generation?

But seriously, folks, this was a major screw-up by a big bunch of people who are now scrambling to cover their big asses with an entire encyclopedia of butbutI's and yassars. It is a reminder to us all that the people handling the most dangerous weapons in the world are people just like us.

Joe(God help us all, people, just like us.)Nation
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 05:39 am
Now THAT I "got."
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 06:17 am
farmerman wrote:
Rolling Eyes
Yeh right. At least the closest nuke SAC base is GRiffis at Rome NY. Theyfly the polar route (I thin k were still targeting everything at Russia until the next president takes over.).

We have all these damn weapons, we needs to use em.Omaha's as good as Smolensk.

Pssst! Griffis was closed down years ago. The only thing left there is a smal R&D center. No aircraft, no runway. Wink
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 06:22 am
Do you know that for sure? Hmmm?

Maybe they SAID they closed it, but only because they were trying to get a message across.

Did ya think of that?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 06:33 am
Shhhhh! "They" might find you talking about it and come visit you. If you disappear in the next few days we'll know what happened.

*tightens tinfoil hat*
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 06:35 am
Maybe you should read a little more.
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2844507#2844507
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 06:43 am
Wow, that Bracc program really closed most of the bases in New England?. Now, I guess, they will be opening the combined centers, like Edgeweood and Aberdeen. What are the remaining nuke bases on the east coast.

Squinney, and Joe, thanks for the clear analysis of what the foofster was talking about ,youve cleared it all up for me. Foofie needs some R&R
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 06:51 am
farmerman wrote:
Wow, that Bracc program really closed most of the bases in New England?. Now, I guess, they will be opening the combined centers, like Edgeweood and Aberdeen. What are the remaining nuke bases on the east coast.

The only active duty bases that remain open in New England are Hanscom AFB here in MA and the Sub base in New London, CT and they closed the runway side of Hanscom and turned it into a civil airport. They just have R&D facilities - no aircraft.

All of the old bomber bases (Plattsburgh, Griffis, Loring) are long closed now (I helped close up Loring back in '95)

All of the east coast bombers were consolidated into squadrons at Barksdale AFB in Shreveport, LA.
0 Replies