Question.... I need advice ;)

sozobe

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 08:09 pm
Hi Marie,

That could well be a problem with Depo, but just FYI it's not definitely a problem... I was on the pill for many years, then went off and expected to get pregnant immediately, but nope. Took me more than 8 months, though I forget the exact number.

It's a weird shift when you have been trying to not get pregnant for so long, and keep remembering just one time is enough! If I'm not careful, it just takes one time! And then shifting to, I'm trying and nothing is happening.

But (to be arbitrary) say there is a 50% chance of you getting pregnant at any given time w/o birth control. If you don't want to get pregnant, that seems really high. If you ARE trying to get pregnant, that seems really low.

But definitely encourage you to see your doctor to discuss this and the rest of it -- just wanted to put out there that not getting pregnant within 8 months of stopping birth control is not that uncommon.

Good luck!
0 Replies

swestover

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 11:54 am
I have been on Depro for 2 1/2 years and it works great. the side effects i have are no sexual desires what so ever! It works if you do not want to become pregnant. I have heard alot of people have trouble conciving after being on depro so you might want to think about that since you are so young. try the patch it seems to be a good product and has little side effects. good luck.
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 12:57 pm
great advice to a sweet young lady, you guys. coqui, it's good to ask these questions...you're safe here. best wishes to you , coqui.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 07:35 am
All this talk of birth and periods is making me hungry.
0 Replies