Yawn, Bush's Suprise Visit to Iraq Today

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 10:33 am
candidone, Good post about the association of guilt and responsibility vs caring for our human cousins.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 09:47 pm
Foofie wrote:
You have an indictment? Who gave you the moral authority to indict? Aren't you getting a bit carried away with your own eloquence?

in·dict (n-dt)
tr.v. in·dict·ed, in·dict·ing, in·dicts
1. To accuse of wrongdoing; charge:

Source

I do not need any sort of authority, moral or otherwise, to accuse you of wrongdoing.

Foofie wrote:
I mean, if you like to call me names, that's fine, but you really are not in a position to pass objective judgement on me. Perhaps, the Humanism you talked of might make you feel you have a moral upper hand on this topic.

So, within the confines of Humanism you do; not within the confines of old-fashioned U.S. patriotism (the same type that accepted dropping the bomb on Japan, or bombing Dresden, or bombing North Vietnam).

Are you suggesting that Humanism, as above defined, and US patriotism, as defined by your examples, are incompatible? Is part of the American Identity one that is compatible more with the philosophy of Michael Ledeen than of Humanism? One of the stated war aims of the Iraq was was to emancipate innocent Iraqis from the tyranny of the Hussein regime. I am afraid that you, as is this adminstration, are too full of contradictions to make any sense.

Foofie wrote:
I would prescribe standing in front of an American flag for 15 minutes each day and meditate on the hundreds of thousands of military lives lost, during the history of the U.S., so you, like others, can have the privilege of living in the U.S. as it now exists.

If I did live in the US, I would be disgraced by what Bush and previous administrations had done to compromise my country's reputation and integrity--no amount of meditation can make me believe being an American in the 21st century would be either a privilege or an honor....and people like you, who openly admit that they would not care if a million combatants or civilians perished during a preemptive strike on thier country would only further exemplify the deplorable state of affairs it is to be "an American".
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 06:57 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
work wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
owiyo: The point is a President will work with the best Intel he has at the moment a decision has to be made, even if the Intel is wrong.

You are spreading rumors that have been proven to be wrong. You need to read "all" the information about what Intel Bush had before he decided on his illegal war against Iraq; a country that never posed a threat to the US - by any means, except psychological. Also read the conditions the congress set as authority for Bush to attack Iraq. FYI none were met.

Prove me wrong and show me Clinton had better, more accurate Intel than GW did at the time their initial decision was made.

You're comparing the wrong "intelligence." Bush is an incompetent liar, with no skills in the English language. Bush hasn't managed anything correctly in his whole life, while Clinton's intelligence was never in question. Clinton didn't start the war in Iraq - even if they both had the "same" Intel. Iraq "never" posed a threat to the security of the US, but after Bush's illegal war, new threats against us were not only created but increased - world-wide. That you neocons love to mention Clinton every time Bush is mentioned is not only laughable, but pathetic.

See. you are unable to prove me wrong, so you change the subject to something irrelevant. I do not know what a neocon is so I am not sure I should be offended.

Since you refuse to be objective, there really is no point in furthering this discussion. Have a nice day.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 07:03 am
You mean I'm debating with someone that is not a U.S. citizen? Then the jokes on me. Sorry to have wasted your time.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 07:33 am
woiyo wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
work wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
owiyo: The point is a President will work with the best Intel he has at the moment a decision has to be made, even if the Intel is wrong.

You are spreading rumors that have been proven to be wrong. You need to read "all" the information about what Intel Bush had before he decided on his illegal war against Iraq; a country that never posed a threat to the US - by any means, except psychological. Also read the conditions the congress set as authority for Bush to attack Iraq. FYI none were met.

Prove me wrong and show me Clinton had better, more accurate Intel than GW did at the time their initial decision was made.

You're comparing the wrong "intelligence." Bush is an incompetent liar, with no skills in the English language. Bush hasn't managed anything correctly in his whole life, while Clinton's intelligence was never in question. Clinton didn't start the war in Iraq - even if they both had the "same" Intel. Iraq "never" posed a threat to the security of the US, but after Bush's illegal war, new threats against us were not only created but increased - world-wide. That you neocons love to mention Clinton every time Bush is mentioned is not only laughable, but pathetic.[/size] [/color]

See. you are unable to prove me wrong, so you change the subject to something irrelevant. I do not know what a neocon is so I am not sure I should be offended.

Since you refuse to be objective, there really is no point in furthering this discussion. Have a nice day.

woiyo, It seems the English language is one of your weak points. Reread what I wrote; I did answer your question. I highlighted it for your benefit.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 08:25 am
Woiyo doesn't know what a neocon is and Foofie is so arrogant and ethnocentric that she apparently sees no merit in discussing politics, or morality, with someone who is of another nationality.

You wonder why the American right is in such bad shape these days.
0 Replies