Love Haters Club

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 06:01 am
Coolwhip wrote:
I agree with Msogla, but I also want to give skilos a break. Cuz he made he laf 'n junk. Smile

Heavens, let's let it rest, folks.
I really don't want this to become a huge deal.

Coolwhip, that's the first time I've been called "Msogla" here! Laughing

So, back to hating love? Please continue!
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 06:15 am
MsT26 wrote:
Love can't be until you love and know yourself! Only then, are you capable of loving unconditionally!

I'm so sick of hearing that expression! What the f*** does that mean?
I think it's just a major copout for those who don't know dick about love or life, and are afraid to get out in the world to see what's out there. "Oh dear, I can't find love because I don't know and love myself yet."

BULLSHIT!

Love can happen to anyone, anytime, anyplace and regardless of whether you "know" yourself.... or diddle yourself in the name of love.

It's a spin of the roulette wheel of life; you happen to cross paths with someone of like mind and heart.

Unfortunately, love doesn't happen to every person. People go thru their entire lives without ever meeting up with their soulmate.

Some people don't realize until too late that what they had was not, in fact love, but "settling."
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 06:35 am
msolga wrote:

Well, theres a first time for everything, innit Smile (would that be a correct use of the chav word?).
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 06:45 am
Coolwhip wrote:
msolga wrote:

Well, theres a first time for everything, innit Smile (would that be a correct use of the chav word?).

Sorry? Confused
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 07:00 am
Montana wrote-

Quote:
Freakin love!!! Why do we long for this in our lives? It's insane!!!!

Geoffrey Gorer offered an explanation in The Americans which is specific to the US. It is not insane.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 09:12 am
dlowan wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
squinney wrote:
Love sucks and sex rocks!

Anyone interested in a Freudian analysis?

Failed to acquire rigid and thought numbing, but occasionally useful, superego.

Id rampant.

This woman is dangerous.

I think something odd happened at the Oedipal period.

Ask her about life from 3 to 7, and see what she says.

Excellent analysis! I have been stuck in the phallic stage and am only now starting to deal with my Electra Complex. That's why I switched from batteries to plug-ins. Very Happy

Superego... Did I need that? I think I may have accidently packed it with Bears things.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 09:16 am
LOVE STINKS.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 03:23 pm
MsT26 wrote:
Love can't be until you love and know yourself! Only then, are you capable of loving unconditionally!

However, don't need it anymore, it doesn't make me a better person, it doesn't make me happier than I am without it, and it surely doesn't pay the rent!

I notice as I mature I realize love is in the everyday events, it is in thinking of others before yourself, and it sure as hell isn't in saying "I Do" .....

I think there is something to what MsT26 says. I am not an enthusiast for unconditional love myself, but as to long time loving, I agree it helps to not "lose" yourself, but know yourself, be yourself, in the relationship.

I also propose that MsT is a long time a2k poster who has had, probably for log in reasons, a name change. If that is so, welcome back. And if I'm wrong about that, welcome anyway, MsT.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 04:30 pm
What she said... And if it's true or not, "HI!"

Remember your first love? How you were all mushy and tonguey and gross? How they could do no wrong for the longest time and even when they did, you couldn't wait to make up?

It didn't stink then.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 05:00 pm
squinney wrote:

Remember your first love? How you were all mushy and tonguey and gross? How they could do no wrong for the longest time and even when they did, you couldn't wait to make up?

It didn't stink then.

Sigh.......it's madness (and not just first love)....but it sure has SOMETHING.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 05:25 pm
happycat wrote:
MsT26 wrote:

I'm so sick of hearing that expression! What the f*** does that mean?
I think it's just a major copout for those who don't know dick about love or life, and are afraid to get out in the world to see what's out there. "Oh dear, I can't find love because I don't know and love myself yet."

Thanks for saying that just the way you did. I needed to hear it from someone else.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 05:39 pm
roger, I can be rather prolific at 8:15 on a Sunday morning, huh? Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 08:54 pm
spendius wrote:
Montana wrote-

Quote:

Geoffrey Gorer offered an explanation in The Americans which is specific to the US. It is not insane.

I'm really just venting because I'm hurting and I wish I could stop it Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 08:57 pm
kickycan wrote:

You know, I met J about 9 years ago and his wife is a bit bosy. I was the bartender at a club he played at and now I can't remember what the hell he was drinking. It was something fruity, though.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 09:01 pm
squinney wrote:

It didn't stink then.

Yeah, I remember it well, and I still feel that way when I fall in love. It's all good when you can actually be with the person you're in love with, but it sucks like hell when you can't.

It's driving me insane!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 09:03 pm
dlowan wrote:
squinney wrote:

It didn't stink then.

Sigh.......it's madness (and not just first love)....but it sure has SOMETHING.

yeah! <sigh>
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 09:57 pm
Montana wrote:
spendius wrote:
Montana wrote-

Quote:

I'm really just venting because I'm hurting and I wish I could stop it Crying or Very sad

Vent away Montana. Cool
But I can remember reading somewhere that 'being in love' has
some kind of similar effect on a part of the brain as certain addictive drugs.
Maybe that's why we long for this in our lives.

0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 11:17 am
Makes as much sense as anything, Happycat.

I'm pretty happy with my life, for the most part, and if it wasn't for love, I'd be totally content.

It's the only freakin thing that has always gotten in my way, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

On one hand, I'm a million times happier than I was with the shitty men I ended up with since I was 19, so I'm much better off being alone if I'm going to fall for those kind of men, but on the other hand, I can't be truly content without love in my life.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't!

<sigh>
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 11:45 am
Drugs, not hugs.

I think that needs to be t-shirt.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 12:10 pm
Is there a "don't love the French guy" drug? If there is, I need some ASAP!!!

Can you hook me up, Squinney?
0 Replies