Student Teaching

littlek

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 09:44 pm
Well, I'll report back between the pages of reflections I'll be writing tomorrow night.

Thanks all!
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 10:48 pm
I'm sure everything's going to go great, littlek! It sounds like you have more than enough in the way of references. And getting that award..... way to go!!

I can't say "break a leg" to a teacher, that only works for actors....so..... break some chalk!! Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 01:04 am
littlek wrote:
Well, I'll report back between the pages of reflections I'll be writing tomorrow night.

Thanks all!

Good
Luck!!!!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 05:19 pm
No chalk anymore either, Noddy. Now everyone seems to be using dry erase markers and white boards. Makes me nostalgic.

Interview is over. It went really well. I started to prepare exactly 20 minutes before my scheduled slot. That's when I started to get nervous too. My teacher told me what their focus would be (reading and math). And how they'd phrase the questions (what will it look like?). I have worked closely with two of the 4 there, the other two know me, and the principal just handed my an award. So, why the hell was I so friggin nervous?!?! Seems that in-house interviews are an experience all their own. We have to pretend to be strangers at some level and if I make an ass of myself I still have to work with them. I should know by the end of Tuesday.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 05:29 pm
Hey, that's soon, that's great!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 06:41 pm
Good for you -- I'm sure you were wonderful!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 06:43 pm
(Insert Big ass Smiley Here)

RH
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 07:16 pm
JPB wrote:
Good for you -- I'm sure you were wonderful!

Me too!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 08:47 pm
littlek wrote:
Interview is over. It went really well.

I'm not surprised. If you can raise my estimation of teachers in general, you can convince anyone. You did raise my opinion of teachers in this thread a lot. And for some reason, the news that you did so well in your interview just made my day.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 10:01 pm
Yay! I'm so glad it went well and that you'll have their response by Tuesday. Very Happy
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 10:12 pm
I'm glad to hear it went well. I told you it would, ya know :wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 11:45 pm
Heehee... dxkghaityeugbjdxv....zzzzzzzzzzzzz

(thanks all)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 12:06 am
Today is Wednesday.

Tap Tap Tap
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 06:37 am
littlek wrote:
Heehee... dxkghaityeugbjdxv....zzzzzzzzzzzzz

(thanks all)

So much for "pages of reflection". Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 03:16 pm
Littlek, Gifted Interviewee, wrote:

Quote:
No chalk anymore either, Noddy. Now everyone seems to be using dry erase markers and white boards. Makes me nostalgic.

Obviously this generation will be incapable of chalking anything up to experience--except, perhaps, a cue tip.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 06:25 pm
Phew! And now my portfolio is as done as its going to be and out of my hands. I can relax for a couple of days. One more observation/lesson plan to go and I am effectively done.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 10:26 am
Hey, littlek! One of our clients came in last week and told me she's also doing her student teaching now. She talked about some of the same issues you've been dealing with -- trying to cope with the IEP students, while teaching the rest of the class as well -- and the fact that she and the teacher have somewhat different grading styles. As she said, "I'm the student teacher, so I'm the one who has to compromise!"

Anyway, just wanted you to know that you're not alone! Although it sounds like you're just about done with your "internship" now. I hope you get the job you interviewed for! I'll bet it's in the bag! :wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 10:32 am
My SP and I had surprisingly compatible teaching styles. She was smoother at it of course. I don't have much experience, so I was happy to go along with her style when necessary.

The job thing is entirely up to the other candidates. They'd have me happily, but if someone else they interviewed was a better fit for the job, they'll take that person.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 09:28 pm
I just spent this evening putting the final touches on my final pieces of work for the practicum. I keep getting new final pieces to do, it seems. Tomorrow I teach my last lesson.

And..... I called the cute gym teacher this morning and left a message. Yep. Then I called the next guy on the snow-call list to inform him we had a delay (sigh). The phone call did spur an email from cute gym teacher. Which I responded to. All very professional.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 12:37 am
littlek wrote:
Tomorrow I teach my last lesson..

<clap, clap, clap!>

Well done! You did far more than just survive!

You did good!Very Happy

And..... I called the cute gym teacher this morning and left a message. [/quote]

Cool

Enough said! :wink:
0 Replies