Bush's heartless Rx

okie

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 09:18 am
Would you rather Castro had been elected here? He has universal health care.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 09:40 am
okie wrote:
Would you rather Castro had been elected here? He has universal health care.

Is Bush any better than Castro. That is like asking which poison would you prefer.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 10:22 am
An American's view
"Venezuela's oil company, Citgo, provides discounted fuel to poor people in the U.S.
-- something American oil companies have never done.
Cuba, another forged "enemy," reacted to the tragedy in New Orleans by generously offering slews of doctors to help alleviate the disastrous lack of assistance to New Orleaners.
The Bush administration ignored the offer.
Did any major insurance company or HMO volunteer doctors? "

Philip Greenspan
a retired attorney, a World War II veteran, and a political activist.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 10:24 am
Ramafuchs, why don't you move to Venezuela or Cuba? After all, Castro and Chavez love you more and will give you more stuff.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 10:29 am
Re: Bush's heartless Rx
fishin wrote:
I agree, it is cruel. And if parents are making $82,600 a year and can't be bothered to buy health insurance to cover their kids then the state should step in and take their kids away from them - and force the parents to cover the state's bills for doing it.

How delightfully Dickensian. What's next? Workhouses for the poor? Debtor's prison? Orphan asylums?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 10:31 am
Okie
Your quick fix response fail to repudiate the American's view( which I identify wholeheartedly) which I had quoted above.
Language is there to educate the participants of this forum and not to circumvent the issues of the topic.

I love Castro; Nelson mandela, Martin Luther King, Mother theresa; Mahathma gandhi, Karl Marx.
They are my visionaries (and I cannot be there .)
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 10:43 am
Re: Okie
Ramafuchs wrote:

I love Castro; Nelson mandela, Martin Luther King, Mother theresa; Mahathma gandhi, Karl Marx.
They are my visionaries (and I cannot be there .)

Whaddayaknow, a half honest liberal! Too bad your beloved politicians, Hillary and the rest of your George Soros bought and paid for yahoos aren't just as honest.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 10:47 am
Twisting the facts and failing to face
IS NOT MY ETHICAL BEHAVIOUR.
Still I expect some rational retort to that American's view.
( Twisting the fact and failing to face is not my ethical behaviour)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 10:50 am
If you've ever wondered why you can buy a 4000 square foot home on 10 acres with outbuildings and ponds for 100K or under in Oklahoma well, okie is the answer. Laughing

With apologies to Eva,
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 11:58 am
okie wrote:
Ramafuchs, why don't you move to Venezuela or Cuba? After all, Castro and Chavez love you more and will give you more stuff.

Why is it that every time someone suggests that someone or some government does something better or more efficiently than the US, they are told they should move there. Are Americans that insecure in their country and their governement that they can't be told there is a better way?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 12:05 pm
Candidone
A question that the administrators and moderators to ponderover to make this forum a better one than Abuzz .
Thanks a lot:
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 12:26 pm
candidone1 wrote:
okie wrote:

Why is it that every time someone suggests that someone or some government does something better or more efficiently than the US, they are told they should move there. Are Americans that insecure in their country and their governement that they can't be told there is a better way?

Because, for the most part, they are only doing so to criticize the US. As an American, I like my country and get defensive when people criticize it. That is a foreign idea to some people, I understand that, but they just don't love their country as much I guess.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 12:30 pm
Be a critic than be a blind birthplace patriot
Because, for the most part, they are only doing so to criticize the US

Give no room to be critical and try to be above board.
Are we living in Computer age ?
or
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 12:30 pm
McGentrix wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
okie wrote:

Because, for the most part, they are only doing so to criticize the US. As an American, I like my country and get defensive when people criticize it. That is a foreign idea to some people, I understand that, but they just don't love their country as much I guess.

They disagree with what 'loving your country' means. You seem to equate 'loving your country' with attacking anyone who criticizes it, or suggests that things are done differently. I don't think that's 'love' in the slightest.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 12:34 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
okie wrote:

They disagree with what 'loving your country' means. You seem to equate 'loving your country' with attacking anyone who criticizes it, or suggests that things are done differently. I don't think that's 'love' in the slightest.

Cycloptichorn

No, that's what you think I think and is wrong as always.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 12:36 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn

No, that's what you think I think and is wrong as always.

Yes, I agree that what you think is wrong as always.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 12:40 pm
I stick to the main subject
Castro's Cuba is better than Germany, India, Israel, Australia in medical field.
I had never been to USA and I am well informed about the plight through my relatives.
Some Americans are tolerant to accept the critical views of the
NON -AMERICANS
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 01:00 pm
I genuinely look forward to hearing you patriotically love and defend your country throughout the term of the next Democrat president....as we all know, the criticism of one's government is tantamount to criticisms of one's country.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 01:25 pm
McGentrix

Love of ones country does not mean we must shut our eyes and be silent relative to what we perceive as it's shortcomings.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 02:12 pm
au1929 wrote:
McGentrix

Love of ones country does not mean we must shut our eyes and be silent relative to what we perceive as it's shortcomings.

I didn't say it does. Perhaps those shouting the loudest of other's countries shortcomings should look to their own first?
0 Replies