Oh, caftan, my caftan!

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 08:31 pm
Silly, in your case it was the fez that did the job.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 08:32 pm
look, I like caftans, they look comfy. And I think the colors and patterns which can be found are great. I'd wear one around my own house.

As I said, Osso, it has nothing to do with a person's age. Nothing. At all. So quite with the agist accusations. My mother's caftan had very open armholes. And she moves around a lot. She's Italian - her arms go up a lot. Plus, she had ripped the seems...... It probably only bothered me because it is my mother.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 08:35 pm
OK, ok, all right already, I'll quit. Flips caftan hem snottily.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 08:37 pm
<snicker>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 08:41 pm
This all has some import as I'm about to put my tee shirts into the bureau from the great pile on the closet shelf. I've GOT to get rid of some of them.
Should I start wearing caftans for more than today, that would give me some faux basis for putting some in the goodwill stack.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 08:57 pm
Gosh, I haven't seen a caftan in quite awhile but my mother and aunts wore them years ago with so much flair, sashaying around in big loud flowers and prints, dressing them up or down, whatever the occassion called for.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 08:57 pm
I have been weeding out the tees that have shrunk up too short - what are your criteria?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:05 pm
Sentiment is usually my criterion. Plus that it fits, although that is secondary. The problem is, I'm the most sentimental loon on earth.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:06 pm
I guess I have a few sentimental tees.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:10 pm
After sentiment (hmmm, do you want my Lucca tee? It's orange and smallish, even though it says large. I'd have to measure it to begin to guess if it would be short for you.) come color and basic clothing construction.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:12 pm
hmmm..... how can you give up a Lucca tee!?!? Um, I'm not helping am I? I can measure the length of my good-fitting tees.....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:14 pm
What's a Lucca tee?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:18 pm
Only to you, as I know you care about the place. If you got it and wanted to get rid of it, you could send it back and I could put it in my ital mausoleum, along with the faded michelangelo tee, and the capri sweatshirt, those two being from the salv army (well, those are going in the major garage sale). But the Lucca tee is bought by me there. I can let it go as I'm now thinking of framing some of the Lucca b + w photos, and, geez, if a shrink came in this house, he or she would run out. I have GOT to move along.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:24 pm
eoe - Lucca is a city in Tuscany which both of us have been to.

Osso, I'd love the tee, but only if you were truly willing to give it up.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:24 pm
Oh! Lucca in Italy. No. You can't give that up. Even if you frame it and hang it on the wall along with the photos, by all means hold onto the t-shirts that you've collected during your travels.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:25 pm
I tend to agree with eoe!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:26 pm
I tend to agree with eoe! (oh, sorry, littlek, I didn't see your response)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:27 pm
Heck, I've got a sentimental tee shirt collection. One from Kennahooka, one from Cocoa Beach, and one from Rotterdam. All Atookians, too.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:34 pm
Lucca is one of the places I went to in italy to shoot photos in piazzas (and of the old roman amfiteatro), and I walked the old city each day I was there.... and part of littleK's family is from not all so far from there, and she's visited family. I got a tee shirt from some small shop; at least when I was there in '99 it wasn't very touristy, though some expats live around there. The tee was in the largest size and too small for me when I got it. I vary in weight, but never all thaaaat heavy. But, that was my ten minutes for tee shirt shopping before I walked to the train station.

Forgot to say I sprung for a old looking but of course new print of olden Lucca ($30.00) that I framed w/acid free yadda when I got home, and you can see it from my front door. Not that I'm sentimental, oh, no.

My sentiment is wide ranging; sometimes it involves loved ones, sometimes it's just my memories of my takes on the world.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:38 pm
Now you know, if you're going to rock a caftan, you've got to walk tall, swing your arms and sashay, allowing the fabric to flutter in the breeze.
0 Replies