We resemble his parents' 30-year unhappy marriage at 3!!

mismi

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 11:49 am
Noddy - "Also, what little romantic guestures have you been making lately? Catering to Your Man is very old fashioned, but sometimes old fashioned works. What are his favorite dishes? What sort of clothes does he like?

The hard part of "old fashioned" is to convince yourself that he works hard and deserves the time he's spending on the computer--at least some of the time. "

I agree with all of that....I made DH a simple steak and potato dinner last night...you would have thought I bought him a set of tickets to a Red Sox game he was so excited and thankful (that may be overstating a bit)...and it made me just want to squeeze him it was so endearing.
0 Replies

Kansas85

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 12:43 pm
I have to say that right now in this pregnancy, it's impossible for me to leave this air-conditioned house without puking or passing out (12 weeks in). So getting out is out of the question right now. We got into a pretty big argument last night and I almost left town to stay with family. He made a good decision by calling his parents and they both sat on the phone and listened to his story. After he said his piece, both his mother and his father told him that he needs to get his head on straight and take it easy on me! There are not many people in the world that can say this, but, "I LOVE MY IN-LAWS!!!"
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 02:50 pm
That is good to hear! It is always good to have the inlaws on your side! i am so sorry about the morning sickness - You just hang in there. My husband was so needy when I was pregnant. I have other women say the same thing...I think they get a little perturbed that your attention is no longer soley on them. They get used to it after a while though...and things get better ....I hope so for you. I know it is hard...would not want to be back there - even as much as I love those babies! Take care of yourself -
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 02:50 pm
Kansas--

What about socializing on the computer?
0 Replies

Kansas85

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 03:20 pm
I thought that was what this was?!?!? Also, I have a MySpace account, MSN messenger, Yahoo Messenger....I think I am computer socialized out lol!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 03:42 pm
Kansas--

You sound thoroughly acclimated to the computer world. Have you checked out some of the other forums on A2k?
0 Replies

Kansas85

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 10:49 am
I'm definitely working on that one.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 08:49 am
Kansas--

I hope to chat with you elsewhere on A2K.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 01:45 pm
Kansas:

Many have offered excellent advice to you. You might also take a look here: http://www.marriagebuilders.com/index.html
This site offers many possible solutions to your situation. I have friends who claim it not only saved, but improved their marriages.
0 Replies