an interesting idea about smoking

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 05:27 am
I wonder if a blind folded 'taste test' would prove that brands taste that diffrent.

I know when you go from a national brand to a cheap brand, you get your throat and lungs burned.

But what about when you go from Marb to.. ehhh. .camel?

I remember some brands had very specific flavors, like Winstiin.
(yuck)

but others didnt register much diffrence with me besides visual
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 06:18 am
The first Camel Id smoke in the morning gave me such a rush, it was like a hit. I lived for that first smoke of the day.
When I quit, I walked away and have only had a mild dalliance with cigars. Then when the cigar stores got to be like wine merchants selling snob appeal, I just quit everything. Its been about 5 years of full abstinence and an accompanying annoyance with the smell of smoke on others.

Nobodys a bigger pain in the ass than a reformed addict.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 06:35 am
I didn't know it until recently, but different brands add different flavourings to the tabacco.
They actually add goonk to the tobacco, on top of all the crap that is already in tobacco itself.

Gross, but I suspect that is part of what makes one taste different than the other. Other things too, but special flavour enhancers too.

My brand was DuMaurier. First smoke I ever had was a Camel (my friend smoked those wine tipped cigars; and Camels! bleh!). It's a wonder I kept smoking after that. ..the Camel made me nearly vomit, but the whole idea at the time was to enhance the high after smoking some weed. That's how I got hooked!

American cigarettes in general, man, they are so strong! Smell more like cigars or german cigarettes than what I consider a 'cigarette'.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 10:35 am
DuMauriers, I sort of remember those.
0 Replies

Quincy

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 02:31 pm
My mother did just that. She switched the cig. brand she smoked, to a rougher cheaper one, thinking that would help her quit. Instead she's happily smoking the new brand, and finds it very hard to quit. She's tried everything, patches, creams, cold turkey, prayer, pills, you name it. She smokes about 3 to 5 cigs a day, and I have no idea if that constitutes heavy smoking or what.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 03:36 pm
Quincy, Three to five cigarettes a day is NOT heavy smoking. In my book it almost doesn't count as smoking. If I could cut down to three to five cigarettes a day, I'd consider it a triumph.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 04:34 pm
Yeh, I agree with Roberta. Smoking a few cigs a day is not like a pack. Instead of shooting an entire nailgun clip into your lungs, your only firing thre to five.
0 Replies

Quincy

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 09:12 am
Well, that is to say, I notice her smoking around 5 a day when I visit, who knows how many she actually smokes when I'm not around, because I'm always nagging her to stop smoking, or at least save until I'm not around.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 09:19 am
I used to work with a guy that rolled his own every smoke.......
0 Replies